• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which God is truthful?

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Mathematics has replaced Astronomy as the only revealed subject. It is always truthful. Either answers are Mathematical or wrong. It reveals the eternal to anyone who seeks, and while eternal things are sometimes inhuman we can appreciate them in our way. Thus Math is a true religion, albeit one that does not address every human need. It is a discipline, a faith and a way of life. Its rules are not human rules but divine, and its priests can always be held to account.

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
Mathematics has replaced Astronomy as the only revealed subject. It is always truthful. Either answers are Mathematical or wrong. It reveals the eternal to anyone who seeks, and while eternal things are sometimes inhuman we can appreciate them in our way. Thus Math is a true religion, albeit one that does not address every human need. It is a discipline, a faith and a way of life. Its rules are not human rules but divine, and its priests can always be held to account.

"Math Priest" sounds like a pretty cool title, tbh.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
To all theists: Forget your God for one day. What happens? Won't you go to loo, won't you feel hungry, won't you go to sleep? What difference will it make? God is completely superfluous and an imagined entity.

firedragon

Veteran Member
They think paradise which is referring to here, as the Garden of Eden is Heaven...Thus all this rubbish about drinking in Heaven, virgins with perfect breasts, etc is all talking about the Messianic age.

It doesnt say perfect breasts. In English when you say swelling or growing breasts it would sound funny. But in the Arabic language it means a woman of age. Not a youngster. In some languages they are called Lamissi. Lama = breasts. Issi = grown. A girl of maritable or full grown stage. Not too young. Not old. Hope you understand. In some languages young men are called Illandariya. Illan = Asking. Dariya = daughter or girl. It means a boy of the age that calls for a girl in a relationship or marriage.

The Quran tells you to accept all religious books globally, and not to make distinction, thus Islam should be more like Bahá'í.

Quran does not say to accept all religious books. It speaks of four revelations. There could have been other revelations. But it does not tell you to accept ALL religious boks.

If people wish you peace or greet you kindly, you're supposed to match it or give a better greeting, not turn around and say, "you're not a Muslim so i won't greet you properly".

Absolutely right.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Quran does not say to accept all religious books. It speaks of four revelations. There could have been other revelations. But it does not tell you to accept ALL religious boks.
You're right in some Surahs it does specify the Abrahamic messengers; yet it also says messengers have been sent to every nation. :innocent:

10:47 And for every nation is a messenger. So when their messenger comes, it will be judged between them in justice, and they will not be wronged

2:285 The Messenger has believed in what was revealed to him from his Lord, and [so have] the believers. All of them have believed in Allah and His angels and His books and His messengers, [saying], "We make no distinction between any of His messengers." And they say, "We hear and we obey. [We seek] Your forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the [final] destination."

Kirran

Premium Member

Old Testament, New Testament, Qur'an - what's the fourth, is it known?

(Maybe Ahl-i Hadith will say it's the writings of Bukhari ;))

Tabu

It is Zabur given to Dawud ( David)
Quran also refers to Suhuf given to Ibrahim(Abraham) , I don't know why he insists on four .

wizanda

Premium Member
what's the fourth, is it known?
The fourth is the Psalms given to David..... Yet it isn't only 4:

4:163 Indeed, We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], as We revealed to Noah and the prophets after him. And we revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, the Descendants, Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the book [of Psalms].

4:150-151 Indeed, those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers and wish to discriminate between Allah and His messengers and say, "We believe in some and disbelieve in others," and wish to adopt a way in between - Those are the disbelievers, truly. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating punishment.

buddhist

Which God is truthful?
According to early Buddhism as I understand it, the Buddha taught that none of the gods are 100% truthful - just like no (fully enlightened) human is always 100% truthful.

Only the fully enlightened individuals like Buddhas, pacceka-Buddhas, and arahants can be 100% truthful, as they are 100% enlightened and not under any delusion whatsoever.

firedragon

Veteran Member

It seems like you are kidding with me.

4 REVELATIONS cited in the Quran are Taurat, Zaboor, Injeel, Quran.

firedragon

Veteran Member
The fourth is the Psalms given to David..... Yet it isn't only 4:

4:163 Indeed, We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], as We revealed to Noah and the prophets after him. And we revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, the Descendants, Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and Solomon, and to David We gave the book [of Psalms].

4:150-151 Indeed, those who disbelieve in Allah and His messengers and wish to discriminate between Allah and His messengers and say, "We believe in some and disbelieve in others," and wish to adopt a way in between - Those are the disbelievers, truly. And We have prepared for the disbelievers a humiliating punishment.

Quran doesnt say Psalm wizanda. It says Zaboor. It can never be assumed to be the book called Psalms.

Meander_Z

Don't trust Dionysus. He's a liar, except for when he's not. If he gets you drunk he's likely to reveal all kinds of truths to you, like why it's not a good idea to drink too much, and how pleasure and misery are connected as part of a continuous cycle. But ask him a direct question when your sober and he'll tell you all kinds of outlandish things. If you take his words literally and do something stupid as a result he calls this a "valuable experience" and claims that this is what he meant to teach you all along.

I adore him, but he is not truthful.

wizanda

Premium Member
Quran doesnt say Psalm wizanda. It says Zaboor. It can never be assumed to be the book called Psalms.
It isn't so much of an assumption, it is more based on the only books we have from David are the Psalms....

This is why all the texts have to be put together to be understood properly, and not be seen as separate, as literally a lot of the Quran makes no sense without knowing the additional contexts it came from.

Plus the Quran quotes the Psalms:

21:105 Before this We wrote in the Psalms, after the Message (given to Moses): My servants the righteous, shall inherit the earth."

Psalms 37:29 The righteous shall inherit the land, and live in it forever.

Plus even Google translates the word زبور (Zabur) as Psalms. :innocent:

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
To all theists: Forget your God for one day. What happens? Won't you go to loo, won't you feel hungry, won't you go to sleep? What difference will it make? God is completely superfluous and an imagined entity.
It does not seem that simple. I can go to the loo without truth or beauty, but they are still important. A person can be considered pointless, but they should not be. We do not need to exist, but we seem to.