• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which 'g-d', is being referred to, in John 1:18?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Gods people know him. The rest are mislead. He NEVER had more than a single religion on earth. Since Israels religion was cut off- Matt 23:37-39) Jesus started a new one( Acts24:5) And it was not the religion that came out of Rome years later, nor any of her branches.
Aside from the fact that comment is very general,
What, does it have to do, with, the premise of the thread?

The thread is about a verse, and what it means, so either answer that, contextually, or, you're just writing random things.

If you want to talk about various religions, etc, then why not just do that somewhere where it doesn't distract from what is actually being discussed.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
John 1:18
Is clearly, if read literally, in English, not referring to my Main God.

You disagreed with that, presumably, yet you didn't explain, textually, or even in a direct manner, why that comment is wrong.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Hm..... no.

God is a blew His Spirit into Adam and he became a living soul. So Adam is a spirit that has a soul.

So the rest of your logic would be incorrect.

As King David penned "Oh soul and all that is within me, bless His Holy name".
If God blew his spirit into Adam, then Adam has a spirit, not the other way around.
If King David is the soul, or has a soul, then it is the spirit that is within him, not the other way around. David has a spirit.

That's why Psalms 46:3 reads...
His spirit departs, he returns to the earth; In that very day his thoughts perish.

The spirit is given. The spirit is taken. Psalm 104:29
This is in line with the scriptures @URAVIP2ME used.

kjw47

1) There is nothing there to suggest it is symbolism
2) Abraham is not a symbol
3) It answered your question as to where did it mean more than 6 ft under
4) You don't use proper pronouns (names of people) for symbolism
5) Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. -- You don't cast dirt into the lake of fire.

1)Reality says it is symbolism
2)Abraham is dead.
3) The grave is 6 feet under--The actual place where the worm dieth not. No worm could survive a firey place of torment= reality.
4) Its right there in black and white
5) Death and hades( grave)--these cannot suffer eternally. They can however be destroyed eternally.

kjw47

Aside from the fact that comment is very general,
What, does it have to do, with, the premise of the thread?

The thread is about a verse, and what it means, so either answer that, contextually, or, you're just writing random things.

If you want to talk about various religions, etc, then why not just do that somewhere where it doesn't distract from what is actually being discussed.

The confusion brought forth by 34,000 religions claiming to be Christian, just brings forth confusion to any question asked.
I answered this op earlier.
No matter what any mortal thinks says or does--YHVH(Jehovah) a single being God is the only true God as Jesus said he was-John 17:3. Every religion on earth teaching a different god is owned by satan-2Cor 11:12-15)-- God calls them--Babylon the great--He stated--GET OUT OF HER.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I know that the 'g-d' being referred to, in John 1:18, isn't referring to my Main God.

As that would be Biblically untrue, and against my beliefs.

So, which 'g-d', is being referred to, in John 1:18 ?

John 14:14
John 20:17

I believe that is Yaweh, so who is your god then?

Muffled

Jesus in me
So, the Bible, is, basically metaphor? Or made up? How many gods are in the Bible? God is invisible, or unknown, until Jesus manifests?

You clearly are not reading the Bible, in the same manner, that I do.

I believe there is only one true God, Yahweh.

I believe it is not but it does contain metaphors.

Manifestation does not mean visibility. A prophet is a temporary manifestation of God by speaking His word. Jesus is a long term manifestation of God by speaking through the body and doing things with His hands and feet.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You may not be contradicting the Bible, if, you are using the name title God, in a certain manner.
Hence the context, which we need to know. If you consider God to mean JHVH, then, a few verses as example,

Genesis 12:7
The Lord appears to Abram
Genesis 15:15
Lord appears to Abram
Genesis 17:17
The Lord appears to Abram
Genesis 17:3
Abram falls before the Lord
Genesis 18:18
The Lord appears to Abraham
Genesis 18:22
Abraham stood before the Lord
1 Samuel 3:10
The Lord stood before Samuel

JHVH appears many times in the Bible.

My wife saw an apparition of her dead brother but that does not mean he was visible. The same thing is true in all those cases.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
1 T
If God blew his spirit into Adam, then Adam has a spirit, not the other way around.
If King David is the soul, or has a soul, then it is the spirit that is within him, not the other way around. David has a spirit.

His spirit departs, he returns to the earth; In that very day his thoughts perish.

1 Thes 5:23 May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Man is a spirit because God is a spirit.
Man has a soul; mind, will and emotions -- our individual personalities
Man lives in a body... because we are on this earth.

Kenny

Premium Member
1)Reality says it is symbolism
2)Abraham is dead.
3) The grave is 6 feet under--The actual place where the worm dieth not. No worm could survive a firey place of torment= reality.
4) Its right there in black and white
5) Death and hades( grave)--these cannot suffer eternally. They can however be destroyed eternally.

Obviously, God is the God of the livil and not of the dead. What I quoted before was black and white as is what I quote now.

Luke 20: 38 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.”

You cannot put dirt in the lake of Fire.

nPeace

Veteran Member
1 T

1 Thes 5:23 May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Man is a spirit because God is a spirit.
Man has a soul; mind, will and emotions -- our individual personalities
Man lives in a body... because we are on this earth.
You didn't comment on the two scriptures you mentioned, which it seems you misapplied. Instead you jumped to another scripture, but, that text says...
May your whole spirit, soul and body
How is it you just picked out spirit, and say "man is a spirit because..."?
No scripture says that, does it?

You could have also done the same with soul - "man is a soul because..."
Or body, "man is a body because..."
You didn't. Why?

If you had picked soul, and said, "man is a soul because, the Bible says... blum!" You would have scriptures to support it.
The Bible does say man is a soul, or life. Genesis 2:7; 1 Peter 3:20

Kenny

Premium Member

You didn't comment on the two scriptures you mentioned, which it seems you misapplied. Instead you jumped to another scripture, but, that text says...

How is it you just picked out spirit, and say "man is a spirit because..."?
No scripture says that, does it?

You could have also done the same with soul - "man is a soul because..."
Or body, "man is a body because..."
You didn't. Why?

If you had picked soul, and said, "man is a soul because, the Bible says... blum!" You would have scriptures to support it.
The Bible does say man is a soul, or life. Genesis 2:7; 1 Peter 3:20

I didn't comment because it appeared that you were saying that there is no soul.

If you want to go deeper, we would have to go beyond just a few scriptures. At some point, we might just be dealing with semantics.

If Jesus said, John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit" then man is a spirit.

1 Peter 3: 4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit,which is in the sight of God of great price.

If man is not a spirit, then what is the hidden man of the heart?

kjw47

Obviously, God is the God of the livil and not of the dead. What I quoted before was black and white as is what I quote now.

Luke 20: 38 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living, for to him all are alive.”

You cannot put dirt in the lake of Fire.

There will be a resurrection--every grave will be emptied to judgement. They will no longer be ashes and dust.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hm..... no.
God is a blew His Spirit into Adam and he became a living soul. So Adam is a spirit that has a soul.
So the rest of your logic would be incorrect.
As King David penned "Oh soul and all that is within me, bless His Holy name".

I find according to Genesis 2:7 God blew the ' breath of life ' into lifeless Adam.
So, God did Not blow His spirit into Adam. God did Not blow His spirit into Job's 27:3 nose.
Adam perished and ' returned ' to dust according to Genesis 3:19
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before.
Adam did Not posses a soul, Adam did Not have a soul, rather Adam was a soul - Genesis 2:7.
While David enjoyed life as a living soul, his life was within him until David died. Then David became a dead soul.
As Adam went from Non-life, to life, and returned back to Non-life so did David.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I didn't comment because it appeared that you were saying that there is no soul.
If you want to go deeper, we would have to go beyond just a few scriptures. At some point, we might just be dealing with semantics.
If Jesus said, John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit" then man is a spirit.
1 Peter 3: 4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit,which is in the sight of God of great price.
If man is not a spirit, then what is the hidden man of the heart?

I find a person is born of the ' spirit ' at baptism - Mark 1:10; Romans 8:14; Ephesians 1:13; Acts 2:38.
To me the 'hidden man of the heart' is the deep inner person which we can Not read, but Jesus can.
The spiritual side of a person will cultivate the fruit of God's spirit as found at Galatians 5:22-23.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
1) There is nothing there to suggest it is symbolism
2) Abraham is not a symbol
5) Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. -- You don't cast dirt into the lake of fire.

I find Revelation 20:13-14 teaches that everyone in biblical hell will be ' delivered up ' (meaning resurrected out of biblical hell ) before emptied-out hell is cast vacant into that ' second death ' for vacated hell.
So, the ' lake of fire ' is defined as ' second death ' meaning destruction for those of Revelation 21:8.
Even 'sinner Satan' will be destroyed by Jesus according to Hebrews 2:14 B.

Being in the ' bosom position of Abraham ' just indicates he was in position of favor.
Like leaning back at the bosom of a friend - Please see John 13:23-25.

Last edited: