• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which 'g-d', is being referred to, in John 1:18?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
So, the Bible, is, basically metaphor? Or made up? How many gods are in the Bible? God is invisible, or unknown, until Jesus manifests?

You clearly are not reading the Bible, in the same manner, that I do.
It depends. You are a spirit, you have a soul and I'm looking at your body. I can see your body but I have never seen your spirit.

How many You-s do we have?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I Cor 8:6- There is ONE God to ALL, the FATHER. Jesus warned that he wouldn't be known. ( John 15:20-21) on account of his name.
This, makes no sense, with...

The Facts of Israelite God worship history is not vague at all, only to those taught by blind guides who hide facts that expose false dogmas.
From Moses on up until this very day, the Israelites taught, served and worshipped- a single being God named-YHVH(Jehovah)-- taught to every bible writer, taught to Jesus
This...

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I know that the 'g-d' being referred to, in John 1:18, isn't referring to my Main God.
As that would be Biblically untrue, and against my beliefs.
So, which 'g-d', is being referred to, in John 1:18 ?
John 14:14
John 20:17

I see after John 20:17 that John ends chapter 20 by saying that he believes Jesus to be the Son at John 20:31.
At John 14:14 Jesus will do what is asked in Jesus name.
Like when praying to God and asking God for something ' in Jesus name, amen '.
As John 5:17 says that Jesus' Father works and I (Jesus) work.

I find the first God mentioned at John 1:18 is God with a capital letter "G" as in also the King James Bible.
So, the God mentioned would be the same God as mentioned in verse one.
So, No man has seen God, but people saw Jesus - John 6:46; 1 John 4:12; Exodus 33:20,17.
So, Jesus would be the only-begotten ' god ' at his Father's side - Proverbs 8:22,30.
God, as per Psalms 90:2, was never ' begotten ' but from everlasting.
So, only God was before the beginning, and per-human Jesus was never before the beginning as His God was.
Thus, Jesus explains his God to us - Matthew 11:27.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It depends. You are a spirit, you have a soul and I'm looking at your body. I can see your body but I have never seen your spirit.
How many You-s do we have?
I find Adam was Not a spirit but human, and Adam did Not have a soul as per Genesis 2:7.
After God breathed the ' breath of life ' into lifeless Adam, the Adam became a living soul or person.
So, Adam did Not have a soul, Adam did Not possess a soul, but Adam was a Soul.
While alive Adam had life's spirit, and at death lost life's spirit and became a dead soul or life-less soul.
So, Adam 'returned ' to where he started as per Genesis 3:19.
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before so Adam returned to the dust of the ground.

Kenny

Premium Member
I find Adam was Not a spirit but human, and Adam did Not have a soul as per Genesis 2:7.
After God breathed the ' breath of life ' into lifeless Adam, the Adam became a living soul or person.
So, Adam did Not have a soul, Adam did Not possess a soul, but Adam was a Soul.
While alive Adam had life's spirit, and at death lost life's spirit and became a dead soul or life-less soul.
So, Adam 'returned ' to where he started as per Genesis 3:19.
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before so Adam returned to the dust of the ground.

Hm..... no.

God is a blew His Spirit into Adam and he became a living soul. So Adam is a spirit that has a soul.

So the rest of your logic would be incorrect.

As King David penned "Oh soul and all that is within me, bless His Holy name".

kjw47

Hm..... no.

God is a blew His Spirit into Adam and he became a living soul. So Adam is a spirit that has a soul.

So the rest of your logic would be incorrect.

As King David penned "Oh soul and all that is within me, bless His Holy name".

Fish became living souls--when breath( of life) entered them. And where did Adam go at death--to Sheol= the grave. Where is his spirit and soul then? Since the bible is 100% clear--no one entered heaven from earth prior to Jesus ascencion. Trinity scholars have it twisted into oblivion.

Kenny

Premium Member
Fish became living souls--when breath( of life) entered them. And where did Adam go at death--to Sheol= the grave. Where is his spirit and soul then? Since the bible is 100% clear--no one entered heaven from earth prior to Jesus ascencion. Trinity scholars have it twisted into oblivion.
The fish addendum is fishy,.

Not sure where the ?trinity scholars have twisted.

Yes, Adam went to the place that was later called Abraham's blossom or Paradise because no one entered Heaven prior to Jesus ascension... which most Trinitarians hold to (although I don't know any Trinitarian that holds a different viewpoint)

kjw47

The fish addendum is fishy,.

Not sure where the ?trinity scholars have twisted.

Yes, Adam went to the place that was later called Abraham's blossom or Paradise because no one entered Heaven prior to Jesus ascension... which most Trinitarians hold to (although I don't know any Trinitarian that holds a different viewpoint)

Many believe Elijah went to heaven( Gods dwelling place) and Enoch. The bible uses the term heaven in 3 senses. 1) Gods dwelling place, 2) our atmosphere 3) outer space.
Elijah wrote a letter to the king, 10 years after the chariot event.( 2Chron 21:12-15) It took him through our atmosphere to another part of the earth( he retired)
The only thing the bible says about Adam is that he returned to the dust( Sheol= grave). It does not say anything like you mentioned.
Genesis 1:20= fish, turtles,etc
Trinity religions=33,999 give or take-Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided will not stand.

Kenny

Premium Member
Many believe Elijah went to heaven( Gods dwelling place) and Enoch. The bible uses the term heaven in 3 senses. 1) Gods dwelling place, 2) our atmosphere 3) outer space.
Elijah wrote a letter to the king, 10 years after the chariot event.( 2Chron 21:12-15) It took him through our atmosphere to another part of the earth( he retired)
The only thing the bible says about Adam is that he returned to the dust( Sheol= grave). It does not say anything like you mentioned.
Genesis 1:20= fish, turtles,etc
Trinity religions=33,999 give or take-Mark 3:24-26-- a house divided will not stand.
There is nothing to suggest that he didn't go to Paradise, located in Sheol. Sheol is not the ground, it is a place.

whirlingmerc

I know that the 'g-d' being referred to, in John 1:18, isn't referring to my Main God.

As that would be Biblically untrue, and against my beliefs.

So, which 'g-d', is being referred to, in John 1:18 ?

John 14:14
John 20:17

It's saying the unseen God is seen in Jesus who is "veiled in flesh the God head He"
(It's a bit like God not showing his glory full-strength because no man can see it and live
however he showed s his goodness and his back)

Jesus being God hidden as it were in flesh is like showing us God's goodness not His full strength glory

see 'the backside of God" from Bible.org
29. The "Backside" of God (Exodus 33:18-34:9)

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I Cor 8:6- There is ONE God to ALL, the FATHER. Jesus warned that he wouldn't be known. ( John 15:20-21) on account of his name.

Here, you state that the 'g-d', that you worship, wasn't known. Great, so it's some entity, that isn't known. Makes sense.

The Facts of Israelite God worship history is not vague at all, only to those taught by blind guides who hide facts that expose false dogmas.
From Moses on up until this very day, the Israelites taught, served and worshipped- a single being God named-YHVH(Jehovah)-- taught to every bible writer, taught to Jesus his first 30 years attending the Israelite places of worship. The God taught in the NT as well. an error of a capitol G God in the last line of John 1:1 has every trinity translation teaching 2 different gods.
Here, you state that the true 'g-d', was always known, and that it isn't vague, at all.
So, which is it? An 'uknown 'g-d', or, a 'g-d', that was always known, always taught, so forth...?
Can't be both.

Last edited:

kjw47

Here, you state that the 'g-d', that you worship, wasn't known. Great, so it's some entity, that isn't known. Makes sense.

Here, you state that the true 'g-d', was always known, and that it isn't vague, at all.
So, which is it? An 'uknown 'g-d', or, a 'g-d', that was always known, always taught, so forth...?
Can't be both.

Gods people know him. The rest are mislead. He NEVER had more than a single religion on earth. Since Israels religion was cut off- Matt 23:37-39) Jesus started a new one( Acts24:5) And it was not the religion that came out of Rome years later, nor any of her branches.

Kenny

Premium Member
Symbolism---- If one can look down from heaven and see their loved ones suffering. it would hard to find happiness now wouldn't it? proving it is symbolism.
1) There is nothing there to suggest it is symbolism
2) Abraham is not a symbol
3) It answered your question as to where did it mean more than 6 ft under
4) You don't use proper pronouns (names of people) for symbolism
5) Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. -- You don't cast dirt into the lake of fire.