• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which 'g-d', is being referred to, in John 1:18?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I know that the 'g-d' being referred to, in John 1:18, isn't referring to my Main God.

As that would be Biblically untrue, and against my beliefs.

So, which 'g-d', is being referred to, in John 1:18 ?

John 14:14
John 20:17

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I know that the 'g-d' being referred to, in John 1:18, isn't referring to my Main God.

God is refering to the relationship between the incarnation of the creator. So, like Lord and Messiah, the word god is referenced to the position christ is who sat beisde his father and the only one who say his face rather than god being the creator himself.

Its all in the words context, idioms, and prepositions are crucial to know who is talking about who and what the words mean in one context compared to another.

74x12

What are you talking about the "main God"? There is only one God for anyone who believes the truth.

John 1:18 is talking about God who is invisible(to us) and no man has seen Him at any time just as it says. Jesus the Son declares Him because Jesus is the invisible God manifest in human form. Jesus declares Him just by existing.

Jesus is all you can see of God. Jesus is the revelation of God in human flesh. As if God wrote Himself into His own story.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
John 3:13
That doesn't explain the wording. If, John, is talking from a certain pspective, or a certain religious perspective, then the verse could make sense, as contextual, in other words, the verse isn't, direct, it is from a different religious perspective.

It is interesting to note, that this manner of talking, about belief, would be very similar, to how one might describe, Christianity, to someone who is from a different religious perspective, that does equate, to the premise, of the verse.

In a modern context, if one were describing Christianity, to someone practicing Judaism, or modern Judaism, this seems very similar to essentially the first thing , that one might say, about
Xian belief, from the perspective of Judaism, or modern Judaism. Just different words, because there are canonized texts, now.

The verse, from a actual, traditional, Xian perspective, or Biblical perspective, as a direct, literal statement, is wrong.

So, there is that idea, as an explanation.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
What are you talking about the "main God"? There is only one God for anyone who believes the truth.

John 1:18 is talking about God who is invisible(to us) and no man has seen Him at any time just as it says. Jesus the Son declares Him because Jesus is the invisible God manifest in human form. Jesus declares Him just by existing.

Jesus is all you can see of God. Jesus is the revelation of God in human flesh. As if God wrote Himself into His own story.
So, the Bible, is, basically metaphor? Or made up? How many gods are in the Bible? God is invisible, or unknown, until Jesus manifests?

You clearly are not reading the Bible, in the same manner, that I do.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

We need some context. Like, do you read the Old Testament. Is the Old Testament just metaphor, to your belief, etc .
Because what you wrote, does not match the Bible.

74x12

We need some context. Like, do you read the Old Testament. Is the Old Testament just metaphor, to your belief, etc .
Because what you wrote, does not match the Bible.
What do you mean I'm not matching the Bible? Show me which verse I'm contradicting.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
What do you mean I'm not matching the Bible? Show me which verse I'm contradicting.
You may not be contradicting the Bible, if, you are using the name title God, in a certain manner.
Hence the context, which we need to know. If you consider God to mean JHVH, then, a few verses as example,

Genesis 12:7
The Lord appears to Abram
Genesis 15:15
Lord appears to Abram
Genesis 17:17
Genesis 17:3
Abram falls before the Lord
Genesis 18:18
The Lord appears to Abraham
Genesis 18:22
Abraham stood before the Lord
1 Samuel 3:10
The Lord stood before Samuel

JHVH appears many times in the Bible.

74x12

You may not be contradicting the Bible, if, you are using the name title God, in a certain manner.
Hence the context, which we need to know. If you consider God to mean JHVH, then, a few verses as example,

Genesis 12:7
Genesis 15:15
Lord appears to Abram
Genesis 17:17
Genesis 17:3
Abram falls before the Lord
Genesis 18:18
The Lord appears to Abraham
Genesis 18:22
Abraham stood before the Lord
How about the book of Samuel? Is that part of your Bible?
1 Samuel 3:10
The Lord stood before Samuel

JHVH appears many times in the Bible.
But did He appear in His actual unveiled form? Didn't He appear to Abraham as a man along with the two angels who also appeared as men? They even ate supper with Abraham; we know that God does not need to eat.

The same with these other appearances of God. It's through visions or incarnations etc. It's not the actual unveiled form of God. Rather it's a revelation of God. God showing us His form as through a mirror. A reflection or shadow of God. In other words all of these appearances of God are manifestations of God; just as Jesus was God manifest in the flesh.

So what is a manifestation of God? It's sent to teach us about God. This is why God often appears in so many varied forms. For example with Abraham He was like a human being. But with Ezekiel, God appears as a human like shape but He's amber colored and burning fire from His waist downwards sitting on a blue throne. So God appears in many ways throughout history. These different manifestations of God teach us new things about His nature.

Jesus is in many ways the ultimate manifestation of God so far because He is in actual human flesh. Born into the world just like we are. So He is more understandable and relatable than before. He teaches us more about God's true nature. That is the goodness and love of God than we ever knew before. Greater love has no one than this that he give his life for his friends.

This is the true love; that He laid down His life for us.

We know that man cannot look on the unveiled form of God and live. The eyes would consume in their sockets.

Jesus said "Destroy this temple(his body) and in three days I will raise it up.

Jesus was God "veiled" in human flesh. This is why the temple veil was wrent in half when He died. The veil in the temple symbolized Jesus own body. The body(the flesh) of Jesus is the veil. Inside the veil is the "holiest of holies" where God dwells.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
But did He appear in His actual unveiled form? Didn't He appear to Abraham as a man along with the two angels who also appeared as men? They even ate supper with Abraham; we know that God does not need to eat.

The same with these other appearances of God. It's through visions or incarnations etc. It's not the actual unveiled form of God. Rather it's a revelation of God. God showing us His form as through a mirror. A reflection or shadow of God. In other words all of these appearances of God are manifestations of God; just as Jesus was God manifest in the flesh.

So what is a manifestation of God? It's sent to teach us about God. This is why God often appears in so many varied forms. For example with Abraham He was like a human being. But with Ezekiel, God appears as a human like shape but He's amber colored and burning fire from His waist downwards sitting on a blue throne. So God appears in many ways throughout history. These different manifestations of God teach us new things about His nature.

Jesus is in many ways the ultimate manifestation of God so far because He is in actual human flesh. Born into the world just like we are. So He is more understandable and relatable than before. He teaches us more about God's true nature. That is the goodness and love of God than we ever knew before. Greater love has no one than this that he give his life for his friends.

This is the true love; that He laid down His life for us.

We know that man cannot look on the unveiled form of God and live. The eyes would consume in their sockets.

Jesus said "Destroy this temple(his body) and in three days I will raise it up.

Jesus was God "veiled" in human flesh. This is why the temple veil was wrent in half when He died. The veil in the temple symbolized Jesus own body. The body(the flesh) of Jesus is the veil. Inside the veil is the "holiest of holies" where God dwells.
You would agree, that 'invisible', does not impart the same meaning, in English, as 'veiled', would you not? Veiled, could probably work, it makes more literal sense.

As with other verses in the book of John, there seems to be some issues with translation.

74x12

You would agree, that 'invisible', does not impart the same meaning, in English, as 'veiled', would you not? Veiled, could probably work, it makes more literal sense.

As with other verses in the book of John, there seems to be some issues with translation.
Veiled and/or seeing a reflection or shadow of God is good ways to look at it. Possibly the closest anyone came to actually seeing God in true unveiled form (and living to tell the tale) was Moses. However Moses only glimpsed God's back as God was going away. Because as He told Moses no man can see God's face and live. God had to cover Moses with His hand so that when God's glory passed by Moses would not be destroyed.

Exodus 33
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.

kjw47

I Cor 8:6- There is ONE God to ALL, the FATHER. Jesus warned that he wouldn't be known. ( John 15:20-21) on account of his name.(Jesus) One MUST go through Jesus to get to the Father. Only the Fathers will is done-Matthew7:21, John 5:30)
The facts of Israelite, God worship history backs these facts as well.
Jesus teachings do as well.-Hallowed be thy name-Father-YHVH(Jehovah)--the same here at John 17:1-6,26--Jesus says one must know the one who sent him( Father)John 5:30) as THE ONLY TRUE GOD and know Jesus, (but not the HS) to get eternal life vese6- YHVH(Jehovah) verse 26- YHVH(Jehovah)
Jesus stresses to all 4 x while sitting at Gods right hand--he has a God-Revelation 3:12
It takes believing Jesus over errors. Few will.( John 20:17

74x12

John 1:18 is about Jesus revealing the only true God the Most High. Who dwells in unapproachable light. Jesus declares or shows Him because Jesus is this God manifest.

1 Timothy 6:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
John 1:18 is about Jesus revealing the only true God the Most High. Who dwells in unapproachable light. Jesus declares or shows Him because Jesus is this God manifest.

1 Timothy 6:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
14 That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.
A ...veil, or such, isn't "unknown"...that is still, God, with a form, observed. It isn't like God never showed a form, that was observed. Even 'veiled', is subjective, that is how you are interpreting the forms showed, not me. I believe that we do know who God is, in form, because that is how we know that He resides on a Throne, so forth. We even have descriptions, so I don't know how you're interpreting that as 'veiled', or closest to known was with Moses, no, it wasn't, since we have good descriptions. And, if you consider the Son of Man, in Spirit form, as God, then we know what that form is, as well.

A interpretation, specifically regarding Jesus, in Israel, yes, as I have said elsewhere [Jesus, yes this makes sense.

Last edited:

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I Cor 8:6- There is ONE God to ALL, the FATHER. Jesus warned that he wouldn't be known. ( John 15:20-21) on account of his name.(Jesus) One MUST go through Jesus to get to the Father. Only the Fathers will is done-Matthew7:21, John 5:30)
The facts of Israelite, God worship history backs these facts as well.
Jesus teachings do as well.-Hallowed be thy name-Father-YHVH(Jehovah)--the same here at John 17:1-6,26--Jesus says one must know the one who sent him( Father)John 5:30) as THE ONLY TRUE GOD and know Jesus, (but not the HS) to get eternal life vese6- YHVH(Jehovah) verse 26- YHVH(Jehovah)
Jesus stresses to all 4 x while sitting at Gods right hand--he has a God-Revelation 3:12
It takes believing Jesus over errors. Few will.( John 20:17
'Know not him', is an interpretation, on your part; you are interpreting that as completely literally. And meaning everyone, which, as John 1:10, doesn't mean everyone.

The facts of God worship, don't back that, at all. Israelite God worship? That varied, and it's vague. So you'll have to explain what that means.

Last edited:

kjw47

'Know not him', is an interpretation, on your part; you are interpreting that as completely literally. And meaning everyone, which, as John 1:10, doesn't mean everyone.

The facts of God worship, don't back that, at all. Israelite God worship? That varied, and it's vague. So you'll have to explain what that means.

The Facts of Israelite God worship history is not vague at all, only to those taught by blind guides who hide facts that expose false dogmas.
From Moses on up until this very day, the Israelites taught, served and worshipped- a single being God named-YHVH(Jehovah)-- taught to every bible writer, taught to Jesus his first 30 years attending the Israelite places of worship. The God taught in the NT as well. an error of a capitol G God in the last line of John 1:1 has every trinity translation teaching 2 different gods.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The Facts of Israelite God worship history is not vague at all, only to those taught by blind guides who hide facts that expose false dogmas.
From Moses on up until this very day, the Israelites taught, served and worshipped- a single being God named-YHVH(Jehovah)-- taught to every bible writer, taught to Jesus his first 30 years attending the Israelite places of worship. The God taught in the NT as well. an error of a capitol G God in the last line of John 1:1 has every trinity translation teaching 2 different gods.
In other words, you're trying to put the Christian Bible, to modern Judaism. Your mistake is in thinking it is the same religious belief, theologically; and, you can't match the Christian texts, to modern Judaism, with Judaism interpretation of the texts, because, aside from the fact that Judaism does not have the NT, ☆they have a different interpretation of the Tanakh, than non -Judaism OT religion, ie Christianity, is in that category.

So, no, you're completely wrong on all counts, and, textually, you literally can't follow the Judaism methodology with the NT, because the NT involves the OT, the Old Testament.non-Judaism theology & interpretation.

You literally cannot follow your methodology, with the texts, that you are claiming to use.

this informs & affects the theology

Last edited:

kjw47

In other words, you're trying to put the Christian Bible, to modern Judaism. Your mistake is in thinking it is the same religious belief, theologically; and, you can't match the Christian texts, to modern Judaism, with Judaism interpretation of the texts, because, aside from the fact that Judaism does not have the NT, ☆they have a different interpretation of the Tanakh, than non -Judaism OT religion, ie Christianity, is in that category.

So, no, you're completely wrong on all counts, and, textually, you literally can't follow the Judaism methodology with the NT, because the NT involves the OT, the Old Testament.non-Judaism theology & interpretation.

You literally cannot follow your methodology, with the texts, that you are claiming to use.

this informs & affects the theology

I stated FACT in my post. No mortal can disprove FACT, even though they keep trying.
There is no trinity god in existence. It was made at the councils of Catholicism. The Greeks refused to go to a religion with a single God--so a three headed one was born at those councils. Your scholars know 100% --my words are Fact.