• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which evolved first, the Eustachian tube or the eardrum.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
For those who believe in luck and that things may work well without prior plans,
how the ear evolved to perceive the sound waves, was the Eustachian tube first
evolved and then the eardrum next, or was the eardrum first evolved and next
the Eustachian tube, or both happened to evolve together simultaneously during the
process of evolution in the period of millions of years?

ear-anatomy.png

Sapiens

Polymathematician
For those who believe in luck and that things may work well without prior plans,
the Eustachian tube, or both happened to evolve together simultaneously during the

ear-anatomy.png
I don't know why you can't use google ... the answers are all there: Jaws to ears in the ancestors of mammals

Your fixation with place order is misplaced, there is no taking of big evolutionary leaps, but rather small, basically simultaneous baby steps. Your argument is based solely on the semantics of when do you apply a new name to a structure that is changing on a continuum ... it is philosophically dishonest.

Last edited:

Audie

Veteran Member
Hmm. Give us reason a reason this is significant
before I dig through boxes for my copy of
Romer.

As a general concept, e@aly stages of either
would be dissimilar to their modern countrrpart,
kinda like your jaw is not much like a gill arch.

Anyhow- why do you ask?

tas8831

ear-anatomy.png
For those that believe a tribal deity fashioned a man from dust, please explain which was created first -
the Eustachian tube or the eardrum!

Audie

Veteran Member
No it isn't - this is not a legitimate question at all.

This is just the latest spam-trolling thread that this guy has started asking similar dopey "questions."

Ah, whoever it is has went to ig city, so I missed noting that it was
another of a series of spam trollongs.. May I suggest we cease to rise to the bait.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Eustation tubes are remnants of internal gill structure and existed in vertebrates prior to eardrums.

اDoes it mean that there was a tube but no eardrum during the process of evolution,
which creature after fish that has the Eustachian tube without eardrum?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

ear-anatomy.png

What was the first design decision of the Master Designer when He designed our sexual organs?

1] to output waste like urin and such
2) to generate immortal souls

?

Ciao

- viole

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No it isn't - this is not a legitimate question at all.

This is just the latest spam-trolling thread that this guy has started asking similar dopey "questions."

I believe that those who believe that the amazing structure of the ear and how
it works was just the work of natural events are so crazy indeed, as I said before you're
fooling your own selves and you're believing your own lies, you can prove me wrong
if you have evidences, you have only assumptions, such as it happened that the
Eustachian tube was formed as a remnant from the fish's gill and it happened
that the eardrum evolved and it happened to be useful for the species and hence
passed to the next generations,eh

I'll keep posting such kind of questions which seem to annoyed you?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I don't know why you can't use google ... the answers are all there: Jaws to ears in the ancestors of mammals

Your fixation with place order is misplaced, there is no taking of big evolutionary leaps, but rather small, basically simultaneous baby steps. Your argument is based solely on the semantics of when do you apply a new name to a structure that is changing on a continuum ... it is philosophically dishonest.

Do I have to agree with anything in google? why to debate then?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe that those who believe that the amazing structure of the ear and how
it works was just the work of natural events are so crazy indeed, as I said before you're
fooling your own selves and you're believing your own lies, you can prove me wrong
if you have evidences, you have only assumptions, such as it happened that the
Eustachian tube was formed as a remnant from the fish's gill and it happened
that the eardrum evolved and it happened to be useful for the species and hence
passed to the next generations,eh

I'll keep posting such kind of questions which seem to annoyed you?
You keep posting "gotcha questions" that only tell us that you have no clue as to what you are debating against. You cannot refute that which you do not understand. And in answer to your question many structures are repurposed through the process of evolution so it does not really matter which one was first. Neither part originally had anything to do with hearing.