• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Egyptian gods do you love the Most?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Since everybody has their favorites. My mother Sekhmet-Mut, my beloved Heru-sa-Aset (as Ihy), Set, Djehuty, Wepwawet-Yinepu, and Khonsu.

Rainbow Mage

Heru-sa-Aset, for you deity slayer ;)

horus.jpg

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Anubis (but if you hadn't figured that out by now you are daft)
Isis
Thoth
Sekhmet
Tefnut
Bastet

Lately I have been feeling a pull toward Wepwawet, Nut, and Seth. The pull is mild though. They know my mind is a mess now. They are so wonderful for waiting until I am more ready to deal with Their teachings.

Rainbow Mage

You already know Wepwawet in a sense, through his dark half Anubis ;), or is it his light half?

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I see Them as two separate beings, but that They get along well. I feel as though Anubis wants me to allow Wepwawet to take me on some journeys.

Rainbow Mage

I know what you mean enchanted one. Some of the children of Yinepu and Wepwawet in KO insist we not put their names together, but others don't mind and even do it themselves. They say: Wepwawet-Yinepu.

Rainbow Mage

Wepwawet the opener of ways and companion of the wayfarers

Anubis the opener of the mouth and companion of the dead on their journey to the netherworld :)

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Wepwawet will use His ancient methods to make me a better warrior. I believe it is Him who has "urged" me to my recent obsession with the wolf.

Rainbow Mage

It could be enchanted one. The gods all have a certain connection to their iconic animals.

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
They want me to learn certain stuff, as I have vowed to serve Them in my afterlife. Learning certain skills now so that I have them later just makes sense.

I am drawn to the Deity, more than the animal. The animal that symbolizes Each does so for a reason though.

Rainbow Mage

I am hoping to be a fashion designer in the Duat, if I indeed make it there. By the grace of my mother, may it become!

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I always picture everyone there as dressing like Egypt did thousands of years ago. If you could teach me how to fold and tuck a shenti I would be grateful. :)

Rainbow Mage

I don't know, only the Priests and Nisut dress in the traditional garb in our faith. A lot of us laypersons don't do it. That's not to say we couldn't. I suppose we as laypeople would dress in a white robe or something. Our Nisut usually doesn't dress formally even, even though the ancient Nisuts did. She usually dresses in like a robe, with a kufi hat and a ankh necklace or something.

Rainbow Mage

I don't know how. I couldn't tell you. Why do you want to dress in that, may I ask? LOL

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
Well I hate clothing. I prefer skyclad rituals, but I have worn a cloak in the cold. Skyclad isn't always possible though. Having kids at home and all, there are times one needs to cover certain things up.