• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which Do You Trust More: Your Feelings or Your Mind?

tomspug

Absorbant
Which do you feel is more trustworthy, and is that belief based on personal experience, logic, or gut?

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
Trying to learn to listen more to my instincts/feelings, as they always seems to point me in a better direction than my mind.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Logic and personal experience. My "gut" I wouldn't trust to choose a melon. Feelings are like leaves in the wind. They change by the minute. Almost everything affects and changes them.

Charity

Let's go racing boys !
Which do you feel is more trustworthy, and is that belief based on personal experience, logic, or gut?
I think personal experience is great, those "gut" feelings usually have been right for me. Sometimes things that aren't logical have worked out better than I could have ever dreamed....so....I guess I have to go with personal exp, and gut. ;)

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
That depends on what it is I'm trying to make a determination on. I don't solve math problems by what my gut tells me. On the other hand, I don't need logic to know when I feel something like love, fear, depression, etc.

robtex

Veteran Member
Logic and personal experience. .

same although I didn't have confidence in my experience in most things in life until my 30's due my inexperience in life and I assume as I get older my confidence in my experience will grow with age.

tomspug

Absorbant
That depends on what it is I'm trying to make a determination on. I don't solve math problems by what my gut tells me. On the other hand, I don't need logic to know when I feel something like love, fear, depression, etc.
The question wasn't which was reliable, but which you trust MORE, if you had to choose between the two or rely on one rather than the other in general.

Hope

Princesinha

I trust my mind more than my feelings. Feelings are totally untrustworthy----they're capricious and often completely irrational. I base this upon personal experience and logic.

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
I trust my mind more, generally, but I wouldn't want to live without either one. My "gut" has shown me things my mind wouldn't more than enough to warrant some trust, too.

cardero

Citizen Mod
From my understanding, people seem to either feel from their gut or deduce with their mind. The people who draw instinct from the gut also suffer stomach problems and the people who reason through their mind suffer headaches and migraines. Though it is easy to discern which part of the body people trust more, I never really met someone who could do both.