• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which animal do you admire the most?

amorphous_constellation

I was going to say the eagle, as I was watching a documentary on eagles.. but I don't especially like the way they treat their siblings in their youth. Still, I like the sort of solitary, hard working way about the eagle.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
The substitute drummer we used at our last gig. That drum solo is still being talked about.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
The substitute drummer we used at our last gig. That drum solo is still being talked about.

animal840.jpg

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Pandas. They're like brown bears but cuter & lazier and don't want to eat you.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Pandas. They're like brown bears but cuter & lazier and don't want to eat you.

Bears typically don't want to eat people. They range from vegetarian to pescatarian.

And while pandas look cute, docile and cuddly, the are far from it.

"What is undeniably true is that pandas are striking animals. In 1966, the zoologist Desmond Morris put forward 20 factors to explain the human obsession with pandas. About half of them were to do with appearance: flat face, large eyes, soft appearance, rounded outline, contrasting colours and so on.

But appearances can be deceptive and it would be a mistake to get too close to a wild panda.

Even in captivity, where pandas are used to being cooed over by humans, they can be dangerous. In 2006, a drunken 28-year-old man by the name of Zhang clambered into the panda enclosure at Beijing Zoo and tried to pet the internee. He'd been showing off to his companion, but all he had to show for his exploits was a right calf savaged beyond recognition. There are photos here, but they are very, very ugly. You've been warned
."

The truth about giant pandas

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I was going to say the eagle, as I was watching a documentary on eagles.. but I don't especially like the way they treat their siblings in their youth. Still, I like the sort of solitary, hard working way about the eagle.

Dogs are my closest friends in the animal world.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Naked mole rats -- the only eusocial mammal.
Not much to look at, but their politics is radical left. :D

I love snakes so much. There's just something about them I find hilarious. I mean...they are living noodles that go nom and you can see the bulge of what they just ate as they digest it, and it just looks so goofy to me.

Edit: I've also always been a cat person, courtesy of being raised with a group of street kittens my mom took in around the time I was born.