• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Would You Guess I Was from Based on the Wording of My Posts?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
This question is mainly out of curiosity: Based on the way I word my posts and the way I write in English, where would you guess I was from?

Multiple times before, I've been mistaken online for being from a country I've never visited, the last time being today. This brought the above question to mind.

Thanks for your help!

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Difficult to tell from your OP there is nothing, no wording to distinguish between several English speaking countries. The wording itself suggests well educated.

At a guess from other posts i would say South England. However i know that's not so.

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
This question is mainly out of curiosity: Based on the way I word my posts and the way I write in English, where would you guess I was from?

Multiple times before, I've been mistaken online for being from a country I've never visited, the last time being today. This brought the above question to mind.

Thanks for your help!

If I didn't know any better, I'd assume you were an American or at least from a country where English would've been your first language.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Difficult to tell from your OP there is nothing, no wording to distinguish between several English speaking countries. The wording itself suggests well educated.

At a guess from other posts i would say South England. However i know that's not so.

That's interesting. Why South England in particular? :D

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
"Based on the way I word my posts and the way I write in English" -- Northeast USA. I haven't noticed any problems with vocabulary, spelling or grammar.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Honestly I just assumed you were from an English speaking country and had gotten a pretty decent education.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I've heard many suffer from extreme persecution there. Forced to eat bacon while watching an old machine make noise.

Haggis is the worst and they use it to torture those who don't know each episode of the Simpsons word for word

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Thanks for your help!

No idea. Your English is good enough to be a first language, but I've worked with plenty of Scandanavians (in particular) who could say the same.
I never get an Australian or American vibe from you, really...so...*shrugs*...English? Or simply someone who speaks good English.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Haggis is the worst and they use it to torture those who don't know each episode of the Simpsons word for word

The very worst is that some not so handsome (if you know what I mean) guy stands there spewing random nonsense, and you're forced to listen and nod your head in agreement. Little wonder there are refugees.