• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where was Jesus Buried.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I have no problem believing that the resurrection story isn't true. But that rips apart the gospel story. If the gospel writers continue the Jesus story as if the resurrection is real, then they are telling a lie... a made up story. Where, from how they tell the story, do you get that they were being metaphorical?

The issue here CG is I see they knew it was a Metephor, it may be for many years others also knew it was Metephor.

But look at Santa Clause, a good example how over time a man likes to make a story more than it is, man likes fantasy over reality, our human nature draws us back to the illusion of this world.

We are asked to become born again from flesh in to the Spirit that eminated from Jesus as Christ, who is all the Messengers.

Knowing this only makes my Faith in Jesus the Christ Stronger CG, not weaker as I now know Jesus was as He stated, that as Christ He was the Way the Truth and the Light and no one comes to the Father but by Him.

Nothing is lost knowing Jesus was Christ but one flesh body, we gain the knowledge of all the Messengers, that God is One, that humanity is One, that we have no barriers of Nations, of Gender, of Race. We can embrace each other and now use science to build and not destroy.

Faith in Christ is Life, faith in flesh in death, and the fact that rhymed, says it all the more.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And your theory about the disciples burying the body in a dump? So the Jewish leaders and the Romans let the disciples take the body down from the cross and take it away? And bury it in a dump? What about the tomb mentioned in the gospels? That was "metaphorical"? The woman and disciples going to the tomb was also "metaphorical"? These stories got written down and the Jews and Romans didn't care that those stories were saying that Jesus had come back to life?

It is not my Theory is the first thing to offer.

I got my thoughts from Pilgrim notes as mentioned in the OP. I then looked up the net and Found on Wiki that the story is supported by historical records, but od course there is a lot of tangents of thoughts to be found.

History does show that approximately 300 years after Jesus was Buried the mother of Constantine did search for and find the tomb of Jesus to which is now the Location of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.

Then there are recent expeditions that came up with these findings. I have watched this, but it is your choice if you do, it was very interesting and they say they have solved the case.

Regards Tony

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It is not my Theory is the first thing to offer.

I got my thoughts from Pilgrim notes as mentioned in the OP. I then looked up the net and Found on Wiki that the story is supported by historical records, but od course there is a lot of tangents of thoughts to be found.

History does show that approximately 300 years after Jesus was Buried the mother of Constantine did search for and find the tomb of Jesus to which is now the Location of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.

Then there are recent expeditions that came up with these findings. I have watched this, but it is your choice if you do, it was very interesting and they say they have solved the case.

Regards Tony
How is the story supported by historical records? I do not know of any. If you are relying on Josephus it is best to remember that one of his quotes on Jesus is thought to be a forgery and there are some doubts about the other. He only supports the existence of Jesus. Other historians only support that people believed in Jesus. That is far from reliable evidence about his crucifixion or what happened to his body afterwards.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
How is the story supported by historical records? I do not know of any. If you are relying on Josephus it is best to remember that one of his quotes on Jesus is thought to be a forgery and there are some doubts about the other. He only supports the existence of Jesus. Other historians only support that people believed in Jesus. That is far from reliable evidence about his crucifixion or what happened to his body afterwards.

There is fragments of stories and a fairly lengthy Wiki articles on the net, but as you know, you would have to sift through it all.

I can offer there is a lot out there that see Jesus was buried, and personally in a reply I have given above, that can really only strengthen our faith in Jesus, though it will shatter myths about a physical resurrection, but open the door to our one God.

The Wiki

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helena,_mother_of_Constantine_I

A couple of stories.

Mortar in Holy Sepulchre backs up story of how emperor's mother found Jesus's tomb

Church of the Holy Sepulchre | History, Significance, & Facts

So we may have the place where the first tomb is located. The video posted above also examines what may have happened when the tomb was found empty.

I see in that video, they are following sound logical concepts and it actually ties into the stories that started this OP.

posted again

In the end we may never know for certain where Jesus remains are, but 100% based on Faith and Science, we can know those most holy remains are under the earth somewhere very close to Jerusalem.

Regards Tony

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There is fragments of stories and a fairly lengthy Wiki articles on the net, but as you know, you would have to sift through it all.

I can offer there is a lot out there that see Jesus was buried, and personally in a reply I have given above, that can really only strengthen our faith in Jesus, though it will shatter myths about a physical resurrection, but open the door to our one God.

The Wiki

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helena,_mother_of_Constantine_I

A couple of stories.

Mortar in Holy Sepulchre backs up story of how emperor's mother found Jesus's tomb

Church of the Holy Sepulchre | History, Significance, & Facts

So we may have the place where the first tomb is located. The video posted above also examines what may have happened when the tomb was found empty.

I see in that video, they are following sound logical concepts and it actually ties into the stories that started this OP.

posted again

In the end we may never know for certain where Jesus remains are, but 100% based on Faith and Science, we can know those most holy remains are under the earth somewhere very close to Jerusalem.

Regards Tony
None of that looks very reliable at all. By the way, from what I understand the "true cross" would only be a cross beam at the most. It is not all that easy to get a post into the ground that will securely support a man. The crucifixion sites had permanent uprights and the victim was attached to a cross bar and hauled into position:
Crucifixion as Punishment in Ancient Rome – Brewminate: We're Never Far from Where We Were

pearl

But another problem... The gospel stories get written and the people that were there at the time, they didn't say that all this stuff about Jesus appearing was not true?

But that's the problem, 'the people that were there at the time' no longer lived. There is no possible way to understand the message of the Gospels if the theology of the writers are not considered. Its a way of reconciling ones heart with ones mind, otherwise my heart is telling me to believe in what my mind tells me is an absurdity.

Last edited:

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The issue here CG is I see they knew it was a Metephor, it may be for many years others also knew it was Metephor.
So four gospel writers all write their version of the story of Jesus. All four said that the tomb was empty and that he had risen. One gospel has him saying he has flesh and bone. Then in Acts the writer says that Jesus showed himself to be alive. Why do Baha'is need him physically dead? And if you say that it is scientifically impossible, then why do Baha'is believe in the virgin birth. What is wrong if, through God's power, Jesus came back to life?

And it's not like I need to believe he was resurrected. I'm okay with it being nothing more than religious myth meant to make Jesus into a God. I just disagree with Baha'is when they say that from the crucifixion on, the story becomes metaphorical.

Knowing this only makes my Faith in Jesus the Christ Stronger CG, not weaker as I now know Jesus was as He stated, that as Christ He was the Way the Truth and the Light and no one comes to the Father but by Him.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, but it's not faith in the same Jesus that born-again Christians believe in. That Jesus did rise again. Plus, they have a devil and demons and a hell and an inherited sin nature because of a literal fall of Adam. Your Jesus is one of many manifestations. Great. But all those stories about the other manifestations, like Krishna, Abraham and the rest are not taken as being literally true. So what do you really know about Jesus or any of those others? It's only what your religion tells you about them.
Nothing is lost knowing Jesus was Christ but one flesh body, we gain the knowledge of all the Messengers, that God is One, that humanity is One, that we have no barriers of Nations, of Gender, of Race. We can embrace each other and now use science to build and not destroy.
But "we" are not "embracing" each other. Baha'is here on the forum sure seem to be just as stuck in their beliefs as everybody else.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Either you personally believe all humans are created and born equally or you don't.

Only one or the other is believed in by humans.

When a human being just a human dies we have burial procedures.

Yet you seen to infer a man being buried as a human being is special!

Do you think you are discussing just a human burial or are you talking secret occult scientific theisms?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
But "we" are not "embracing" each other. Baha'is here on the forum sure seem to be just as stuck in their beliefs as everybody else.

You could offer where you see that we are not embracing all humanity.

Discussion on aspects of faith does not mean we have to stop embracing others in a unity of effort for the equality of all humanity.

Regards Tony