• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where was Jesus Buried.

@Subduction Zone
This is also an interesting exchange:
“So then Pilate took Jesus and scourged Him. And the soldiers twisted a crown of thorns and put it on His head, and they put on Him a purple robe. Then they said, “Hail, King of the Jews!” And they struck Him with their hands. Pilate then went out again, and said to them, “Behold, I am bringing Him out to you, that you may know that I find no fault in Him.” Then Jesus came out, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. And Pilate said to them, “Behold the Man!” Therefore, when the chief priests and officers saw Him, they cried out, saying, “Crucify Him, crucify Him!” Pilate said to them, “You take Him and crucify Him, for I find no fault in Him.” The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and according to our law He ought to die, because He made Himself the Son of God.” Therefore, when Pilate heard that saying, he was the more afraid, and went again into the Praetorium, and said to Jesus, “Where are You from?” But Jesus gave him no answer. Then Pilate said to Him, “Are You not speaking to me? Do You not know that I have power to crucify You, and power to release You?” Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin.” From then on Pilate sought to release Him, but the Jews cried out, saying, “If you let this Man go, you are not Caesar’s friend. Whoever makes himself a king speaks against Caesar.” When Pilate therefore heard that saying, he brought Jesus out and sat down in the judgment seat in a place that is called The Pavement, but in Hebrew, Gabbatha. Now it was the Preparation Day of the Passover, and about the sixth hour. And he said to the Jews, “Behold your King!” But they cried out, “Away with Him, away with Him! Crucify Him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar!” Then he delivered Him to them to be crucified. So they took Jesus and led Him away. And He, bearing His cross, went out to a place called the Place of a Skull, which is called in Hebrew, Golgotha, where they crucified Him, and two others with Him, one on either side, and Jesus in the center. Now Pilate wrote a title and put it on the cross. And the writing was: JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS. Then many of the Jews read this title, for the place where Jesus was crucified was near the city; and it was written in Hebrew, Greek, and Latin. Therefore the chief priests of the Jews said to Pilate, “Do not write, ‘The King of the Jews,’ but, ‘He said, “I am the King of the Jews.” ’ ” Pilate answered, “What I have written, I have written.””
‭‭John‬ ‭19:1-22‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
Pilate found no fault with Jesus, I see this kind of exchange on this forum where people say things like you can’t prove it, it’s confirmation bias this or that and all the while people are repeating the same scene that was happening here.

Sorry, not so. It was one or the other. You do not seem to have understood your own reference.
I gave you the reference and if you disagree fine so now you can or cannot show your source, approx. date, names for your point of view or not is up to you but all you’ve done so far is say things without any backing. So that’s fine because the only legit source on the table is the Bible right now.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I gave you the reference and if you disagree fine so now you can or cannot show your source, approx. date, names for your point of view or not is up to you but all you’ve done so far is say things without any backing. So that’s fine because the only legit source on the table is the Bible right now.
t
It really has to be one or the other. Now you might be able to claim that Pilate allowed himself to be bullied into such a decision. But that does not agree with the law at that time. Rome was not involved unless it was a crime against Rome. They would let their territories some self rule and this would be such a case. By the way how to you handle some of the clear contradictions of when Jesus was crucified in the Gospels? If they cannot even get that straight why believe them in other details?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I see the harmony of the gospels, each writer complimenting the other to give a full picture from different perspectives. So we disagree on that.

So if one witness to a murder says it happened on Monday and another on Wednesday. One says that it was in the morning and the other says that it was in the afternoon that is "harmony?

So if one witness to a murder says it happened on Monday and another on Wednesday. One says that it was in the morning and the other says that it was in the afternoon that is "harmony?
Don’t see that but I’m concluding you don’t want to
answer the question about the evidence you are following, source, names, dates of the ones compiling the evidence you’re trusting in. This is fine just say you’re not going to and it’s dropped.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I tend to follow the evidence.

I would offer that the greatest evidence of Jesus and the Spirit Jesus taught as the Christ, was his person, his life, and the Message given from God. The ability of that combination of attracting hearts, that shapes lives and thoughts for centuries is as evident as the noon day sun on a bright and clear day in the middle of summer.

So why are you not seeing that same evidence?

Regards Tony

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I would offer that the greatest evidence of Jesus and the Spirit Jesus taught as the Christ, was his person, his life, and the Message given from God. The ability of that combination of attracting hearts, that shapes lives and thoughts for centuries is as evident as the noon day sun on a bright and clear day in the middle of summer.

So why are you not seeing that same evidence?

Regards Tony
Because you are making several errors there. Most of what you claim as "evidence" is not even evidence. It is the claim. How would you verify the tales of his life? Some of them contradict each other. Now he does have some superior morals in his teachings, but he has some failed ones too. And some of the teachings attributed to him clearly were not taught by him. The first question you should be asking yourself is how does one properly verify a "scripture"?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Don’t see that but I’m concluding you don’t want to
answer the question about the evidence you are following, source, names, dates of the ones compiling the evidence you’re trusting in. This is fine just say you’re not going to and it’s dropped.
You keep telling us that you have not read or understood your Bible. You earlier posted some verses from John that stated that Jesus was arrested tried and killed before Passover. The other Gospels have it after. John also has his crucifixion earlier in the day than the other three.

You keep telling us that you have not read or understood your Bible. You earlier posted some verses from John that stated that Jesus was arrested tried and killed before Passover. The other Gospels have it after. John also has his crucifixion earlier in the day than the other three.
We haven’t talked about that so not sure where you’re coming from and by us are you similar to Legion now?
I see you don’t want to prove your evidence so see ya later.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
We haven’t talked about that so not sure where you’re coming from and by us are you similar to Legion now?
I see you don’t want to prove your evidence so see ya later.
One does not "prove evidence". Your claim made no sense. And you are trying to use a flawed source to support your claims. The dates of the crucifixion are just one of the many flaws in it. When it is not reliable in every day claims how can it be reliable in claims of magic?

One does not "prove evidence". Your claim made no sense. And you are trying to use a flawed source to support your claims. The dates of the crucifixion are just one of the many flaws in it. When it is not reliable in every day claims how can it be reliable in claims of magic?
You still haven’t shown who collected evidence or when, no names no dates just some evidence claim with no basis. So it could be said you’re trusting hearsay from some unknown person saying they have some kind of evidence. Probably asked more than a few times and you can’t produce anything

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You still haven’t shown who collected evidence or when, no names no dates just some evidence claim with no basis. So it could be said you’re trusting hearsay from some unknown person saying they have some kind of evidence. Probably asked more than a few times and you can’t produce anything

No, you made demands that made no sense and could not justify them.

Here is a hint, try to ask for reliable sources. Don't focus on the person. You will make the error of trying to refute a concept just because you did not like the person instead of trying to refute the evidence.

And do you know what makes a source reliable when it comes to scholarship?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Last time for you to prove what your following, can
you provide any of this? Name, Date any of this is collected that you are following?
  1. The means by which an allegation may be proven, such as oral testimony, documents, or physical object.
Again, why the name? Why the date? You seem to be clutching at straws ahead of time. If you cannot properly justify your demands ignoring them is not unwarranted.

Again, why the name? Why the date? You seem to be clutching at straws ahead of time. If you cannot properly justify your demands ignoring them is not unwarranted.
You made the comment, I’m not making a demand at all. You don’t have to answer anything. You said you follow the evidence? What evidence are you talking about and who collected and interpreted the evidence and when is an important question. Don’t answer it but it’s unclear what you’re following. So will leave it at that

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You made the comment, I’m not making a demand at all. You don’t have to answer anything. You said you follow the evidence? What evidence are you talking about and who collected and interpreted the evidence and when is an important question. Don’t answer it but it’s unclear what you’re following. So will leave it at that

And I offered to support it. You were the one that tried to change the offer. If you cannot ask proper questions do not blame others for not giving you answers. If you cannot justify your demands then why would anyone comply with them?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Because you are making several errors there. Most of what you claim as "evidence" is not even evidence. It is the claim. How would you verify the tales of his life? Some of them contradict each other. Now he does have some superior morals in his teachings, but he has some failed ones too. And some of the teachings attributed to him clearly were not taught by him. The first question you should be asking yourself is how does one properly verify a "scripture"?

By practising what is told of us in those scripts becomes the greatest proof of them, our neglect of them, shows them to be of a greater wisdom that we can find.

Regards Tony

And I offered to support it. You were the one that tried to change the offer. If you cannot ask proper questions do not blame others for not giving you answers. If you cannot justify your demands then why would anyone comply with them?
Don’t answer I don’t care, you made a general comment without any support, who cares, I don’t.