• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where was God during the Las Vegas shooting?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There are only 2 options for why he killed himself.

1. He did it just "because any reason other than cops coming after him"-which is your reasoning

2. He did it because the cops were coming to arrest him-which is my reasoning.

Fair enough, I'll take that bet.
My reasoning isn't that simplified. And no matter what answers I may give as speculation, my thoughts on it are best summed up as such:
We don't know why he did any of it. For all we know, he was just following trend, or maybe a spotter who told him "now," or for all we know maybe he had voices telling him to. I could go on, and on, and on, but it's pointless because ultimately until more is revealed and uncovered we can only have an incredibly limited knowledge of the him, as we barely even have a "who" at this point, with the "why" being, more-or-less, in a situation were anyone's guess is as good as the next. But that doesn't mean we can claim he did something for reason x, only that we think it may be that way. And that really will do nothing except for putting you in the position of having to forget what you thought once more details are known (if they are ever known).

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Perhaps this is the eternal war between good and evil, and good isn't fairing so well. and nothing ideal ever existed.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Fine, but where is the distinction from Satan? Or, are you making up the proposition that because the distinction isn't there, god must not create evil?

My take is that god meant what he said: "I . . . create evil."

In creation there is an equal opposite to everything. North - South......positive - negative.....up - down....in - out....black - white.....good - bad.

Of course the opposites must be equal......the extremes of good and evil are what humans can see in this world. But if humans had obeyed the Creator in the beginning, they would never have experienced evil and would never have had the problems so common in such a violent and divided world. Unfortunately we hear too little of the good and way too much of the bad.....such is the nature of the news media.

Skwim

Veteran Member
In creation there is an equal opposite to everything. North - South......positive - negative.....up - down....in - out....black - white.....good - bad.

VjBvf25-.jpeg

Good Grief!
Not this hogwash again

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Good Grief! Not this hogwash again

You said "God created evil".....I just showed you why evil exists as an equal opposite of good......Why would there be no equal opposite of good if everything else has one? Simple logic....:shrug:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
So before Satan was created evil did not even exist?

God must have been shocked, and mortified!

Jumi

You said "God created evil".....I just showed you why evil exists as an equal opposite of good......Why would there be no equal opposite of good if everything else has one? Simple logic....:shrug:
Does this logic work in heaven as well?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Does this logic work in heaven as well?

Absolutely....where do you think the devil came from? Evil existed there too for a time until Michael evicted satan and his hordes and confined them to the earth. Why do you think things are in such chaos today? The devil knows his time is short.

Revelation 7:7-12.....
"And war broke out in heaven: Miʹcha·el and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but they did not prevail, nor was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. 10 I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! 11 And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. 12 On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time."

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
So before Satan was created evil did not even exist?

Before anything was created, the concept of evil naturally existed along with the concept of good. Nothing became reality until these concepts were put into practice and began to be seen and experienced as good and evil in the world.

God must have been shocked, and mortified!

Why? He had that knowledge safely locked away behind a penalty so severe that only a fool would dare to unleash it.....unfortunately, under the influence of a clever deceiver, a fool did. :( But it won't be long now before God rectifies everything.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe God is judging this country for the murder of five million innocent children. I believe there is more to come.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe He judges both. Half this country voted to murder children.

So is it safe to conclude that all of the people killed in the shooting voted to murder children? Or does God murder innocent people to prove a point?

Muffled

Jesus in me
So is it safe to conclude that all of the people killed in the shooting voted to murder children? Or does God murder innocent people to prove a point?

There is precedent. Many people died in the 911 bombing but there are stories of Christians who miraculously made it out alive. However cities like NYC are largely Democratic and therefore vote for the murder of innocent children.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
There is precedent. Many people died in the 911 bombing but there are stories of Christians who miraculously made it out alive. However cities like NYC are largely Democratic and therefore vote for the murder of innocent children.

While I appreciate your effort in responding, you answered neither of my questions.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member

This purple font you are using, is ridiculous, just like your assumption. Afterlife Insurance? Really? I don't believe in any kind of "insurance"... not in my theological belief system to have an afterlife insurance. You seem to want to reduce the complexity of creation down to convenient analogy, which to be honest, just seems rather infantile and immature.

Pascals Wager is the wager set by God, which Pascal learnt to figure out lol. It's hardly rocket science. It's just a logic trap for the atheist.

See, I as a believer can live a good and healthy life, full of moral virtue in the hope that God will be merciful to me - and if I'm right in that He exists and He rewards me for my belief, deeds and conduct - I win, you lose because you chose not to believe. But if, on the other hand - you were right and there was no God, no life after death, no judgement etc - then we you still lose, because we are both wormfood, yet I lived a better, more wholesome life with more moral grounding and with a sense of accountability you could never compare to, because you do not believe in "judgement in life after death".

Do yourself a favour, learn to understand what the pascals wager is. Don't do a dizzy, don't do convenient analogies to push a bias - learn the irony of the wager!

Learn the irony of the wager? The irony is reading a Muslim invoking Pascal's Wager. Pascal was a Christian. He's telling you that you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by accepting the Christian god. If Pascal is correct, you lose.

It's also interesting that you don't see how your comment refutes Pascal. If you're right, Pascal actually did lose everything by believing, something he said couldn't happen.

There are also ways in which both you and Pascal lose the wager, but skeptics win.

The wager is not a logic trap for the atheist. The atheist has eluded the trap.

Also, there is no reason to think that life is more wholesome or more morally grounded for having a god belief. In fact, I question whether behavior done to earn a reward or evade a punishment can be called moral at all. It's self-serving behavior. A child with no moral sense or any interest in doing good can accomplish that once he knows which actions will lead to rewards and which will lead to punishment.

When the unbeliever does good, it is without expectation of any external reward. It is doing good for goodness sake.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
North - South......positive - negative.....up - down....in - out....black - white.....good - bad.
I'll give you electric polarity exists, but north and south are relative to one's perspective, just as in and out, and up and down are. Good and bad are matters of subjective opinion, and white and black aren't binaries but rather white being the reflection of the primary colors whilst black adsorbs those colors and reflects none (it's also impossible to be a binary as there are three primary colors).