• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where to find spiritual answers?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In your spiritual practice, do you look for answers in the physical world? or do you look within you and search for answer?

Do you think God ( Abrahamic God) gives you answers directly or do you think by study the scriptures that this will give you the answers God wants you to understand and see?

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
In your spiritual practice, do you look for answers in the physical world? or do you look within you and search for answer?

Do you think God ( Abrahamic God) gives you answers directly or do you think by study the scriptures that this will give you the answers God wants you to understand and see?

God's personality is discerned more by what he has produced in the physical world than anything else IMO.

The apostle Paul wrote...
"For God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who are suppressing the truth in an unrighteous way, 19 because what may be known about God is clearly evident among them, for God made it clear to them. 20 For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable. 21 For although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God nor did they thank him, but they became empty-headed in their reasonings and their senseless hearts became darkened. 22 Although claiming they were wise, they became foolish." (Romans 1:18-22)

Humans have no excuse to delete God from his own creation...but many have, with no compunction, convinced by another belief system that has seduced them by appealing to their egos.....science. Only unintelligent or uneducated people believe in God apparently. Who wants to be seen as unintelligent or uneducated? :shrug:

Don't get me wrong...I am not a science denier, but I am a critic of one particular branch of science for creating a myth that even well educated people have embraced. It has successfully eliminated the need for an Intelligent Designer of all things, and substituted the great "Father God" with "Mother Nature". They forget that you need both 'parents' to produce anything.

So nature is God's greatest advocate...the other is his word. A library of his wise counsel...his interactions with a nation adopted by him....the ministry of his son and the rescue mission for which he was sent.

Between those two things, God is speaking very loudly, but too many people don't want to hear him.

Either
images
or
images

I believe they will hear him in the not too distant future....:( But it will be too late.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
God's personality is discerned more by what he has produced in the physical world than anything else IMO.

The apostle Paul wrote...
"For God’s wrath is being revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who are suppressing the truth in an unrighteous way, 19 because what may be known about God is clearly evident among them, for God made it clear to them. 20 For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable. 21 For although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God nor did they thank him, but they became empty-headed in their reasonings and their senseless hearts became darkened. 22 Although claiming they were wise, they became foolish." (Romans 1:18-22)

Humans have no excuse to delete God from his own creation...but many have, with no compunction, convinced by another belief system that has seduced them by appealing to their egos.....science. Only unintelligent or uneducated people believe in God apparently. Who wants to be seen as unintelligent or uneducated? :shrug:

Don't get me wrong...I am not a science denier, but I am a critic of one particular branch of science for creating a myth that even well educated people have embraced. It has successfully eliminated the need for an Intelligent Designer of all things, and substituted the great "Father God" with "Mother Nature". They forget that you need both 'parents' to produce anything.

So nature is God's greatest advocate...the other is his word. A library of his wise counsel...his interactions with a nation adopted by him....the ministry of his son and the rescue mission for which he was sent.

Between those two things, God is speaking very loudly, but too many people don't want to hear him.

Either
images
or
images

I believe they will hear him in the not too distant future....:( But it will be too late.
A very good answer , and i found a lot of truth within your reply @Deeje

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
My concept of God is largely based on the Tao, as well as the teachings of Jesus, I do hear God sometimes, I think most people are worshiping false Gods. By their fruits you shall know them.

RoaringSilence

antar guru aradhna - invoke the inner guru -ggs

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

In my faith it's through a keen and developed observation, both externally, and internally within meditation.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
My concept of God is largely based on the Tao, as well as the teachings of Jesus, I do hear God sometimes, I think most people are worshiping false Gods. By their fruits you shall know them.
When you ay false Gods what do you mean then?
Are the God/s in Tao more or less False then other Gods?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

There is never a need to look. You're living the answer right now.

Lyndon

Premium Member
When you ay false Gods what do you mean then?
Are the God/s in Tao more or less False then other Gods?

No I think the Tao is the true God, and much of the God of Israel is a false god, the god of jesus I believe, I think Brahman can be the true God

Howard Is

Lucky Mud

What answers ?

What are the questions ?

Lyndon

Premium Member
by false God, I mean a God that is not pure good, may even be evil

Mindmaster

Premium Member

191982-131-D3194343.jpg

Just as good as any of those other methods and only costs a few bucks.

Lyndon

Premium Member
i also think the Buddhist Dhammakaya is part of God and the Tao. God is Truth, and the Dhamma is truth