• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is Your Sacred Space?

Where is your sacred space?

• Church or Temple

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Home shrine

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Outdoors in nature

Votes: 23 60.5%
  • Wherever I happen to be

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Where do you find your greatest connection to divinity? Why?

I've listed several choices in the poll. If you answer 'other,' please specify in your response.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
My home shrine, though much of the mundane world creeps in. The shrine is in a corner of the dining room; there's really no other space in the house for it. :( Temple, obviously. Outdoors: the beach on a quiet day off-season; the woods, a quiet park.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I wouldn't say there are places I feel "connected to divinity", but there are places I feel are in some sense sacred. They are almost always wilderness or at least associated with wilderness (such as a rustic, very remote hot springs resort that many people, besides myself, treat as if it were sacred).

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
home, outdoors, and wherever I happen to be...spirits are everywhere, and it has to do with being open to experience, not whether or not the place is constructed by humans or nature.

In the last couple of years, I've lost memory, the ability to concentrate, have become highly distractable, and instead of having six or eight thought trains operating at a time, at best I have two...and neither of them working very well...

So, one of the things I have found I can do is photography...and I've been astounded that doing so fits with my changed set of mental abilities: I notice things going on, things that most people don't notice, especially what's going on with plants and animals, especially what's going on with our property, which kinda combines home, nature and where I am physically...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

I've listed several choices in the poll. If you answer 'other,' please specify in your response.

In front of my computer setup with all the latest Razor technology.

upload_2017-10-18_9-39-40.jpeg

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I don't do "sacred" so I'm not sure how to respond to such a poll. I'm simply not into any idea of divinity.

DavidFirth

Wherever I happen to be. I believe my body is a temple for the Holy Spirit so my body is sacred.

I should add that that does not mean I'm perfect, far from it. I do not think I'm perfect, I don't deserve God's grace but He gives it to me because He is perfect in love. It has nothing to do with my ability to be "good."

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Voted "outdoors in nature". I especially like being around trees or having a walk in a wooded area. there is something serene about it.

fee-1051796-1020x320.jpg
Hey, was that you with the camera wandering around my property? (Honest, my place looks exactly like this.)

Laika

Premium Member
Hey, was that you with the camera wandering around my property? (Honest, my place looks exactly like this.)

The photo is from google images (the UK forestry commission to be exact). It looks exactly like a place near me, which has a long road down a hill amidst loads of trees. If your place does look like that, you are very lucky.

So No. I'm not Stalking You. I'm Stalking Deer. Nothing says I love nature more than turning it into home decor. lets kill Bambi! :D

4m7tjh.gif

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Well my version of divinity is different than a spiritual manifestation of the supernatural. Suffice to say, I find much solace when I am by myself with no one around and converse among my surroundings.

Something along the lines of Alan Watts, "A Conversation with Myself".

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

My home shrine and outdoors. I do a lot of my formal rituals and reflections at the shrine and meditations both at the shine and outdoors. (Definition of divinity is up for debate)