• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is your God

napen

StewpidLoser said:
Despite your attempts to take Scripture out of context and twist it in a such a way as to try to tell me my beliefs are wrong, yes I do. God doesn't lie and though I may have to wait awhile for an answer and the answer may not necessarily be what I want, I absolutely believe He hears my prayers.
I have and I do. As a diver, I get to see some things God has done that most people never will. This only confirms the Truth of this Scripture to me.

Despite what some scientists think (my college education was a Bach degree in Biological Sciences), they have not even come close to explaining, much less comprehending, the meanings of all that goes on under the sun. Creation is vast and complex and though we (as people) are finding more and more answers and explanations, there is much (especially the "why's") that we will never comprehend.... aka ~ why did Katrina and then the flooding destroy New Orleans...
Well, if that is your belief that is your opinion, but the Bible has spoken by itself... since we do measure a man by his education regarding things about men, but when we talk about God and about His Knowledge, who should give it to us? God, of course, not men... and who gave us and inspired the Old Testament? God, and he spoke through his prophets, and we can find his knowledge and understanding in the Bible, once you veer away from the bible, it is not right to say you are speaking in context.

Thank you for your reply, I'm not saying your belief is wrong, it is yours, it is unique to yourself, but sometimes our belief doesn't come to terms with reality as you have said of my beliefs, I respect you for that...

Again, thank you for your reply.

Radar

michel said:
No, I didn't; sorry -
That depends on you; God is there, but you need to want to want him. He won't show himself to you either (unless you are extremely blessed) - what he wants of you is Faith in him. Where is he ? -Everywhere.;)
Sorry Michel, but I just can't buy into that. In any other facet of most of our lives we would not just have faith without seeing or having some other type of physical proof. Old books just don't provide proof for me. They are just books of stories I would file in the fiction section because there is no proof to back them up.