• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is your God

Kowalski

michel said:
look, my friend,

You believe in your conspiracy theories if you like, but forgive me if I don't join in!;)
There's no conspiracy friend, now Paul had a free run out there in the Roman Empire, whilst James ( brother of Jesus?)persished all with the remants of Jesus's followers when Jerusalem was utterly annihilated by Titus in AD70.

Likewise, Paul spells it all out by his words. It's all there in Acts and Hebrews and Pauls various letters.

Cheers

K

Radar

Am I supposed to have a god??? If so then I don't know. He/she has never showed him or herself to me. So I would know where this being resides or where to put him/her.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Radar said:
Am I supposed to have a god??? If so then I don't know. He/she has never showed him or herself to me. So I would know where this being resides or where to put him/her.
that's an easy one to answer; :- your heart and mind.;)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Kowalski said:
Try reading all of St Pauls words, letters, acts Hebrews ect, OK dude ?
I have, in fact, read them many times. I have also read the works of Raymond Brown, Helmut Koester, E. P. Sanders, Udo Schnelle, and Geza Vermes among others - all of which suggest that ...

"all of St Pauls words, letters [including those which many deem inauthentic], acts [not written by Paul], Hebrews [anonymous], ect"

... have little to do with the theology of the Jerusalem "Jesus cult".

Kowalski

Jayhawker Soule said:
I have, in fact, read them many times. I have also read the works of Raymond Brown, Helmut Koester, E. P. Sanders, Udo Schnelle, and Geza Vermes among others - all of which suggest that ...

"all of St Pauls words, letters [including those which many deem inauthentic], acts [not written by Paul], Hebrews [anonymous], ect"

... have little to do with the theology of the Jerusalem "Jesus cult".
Well, I don't think we know to much about the Jerusalem cult, other than Paul had some sort of disagreement with them. What's obvious, if had stayed in Jerusalem, there would be no Christianity today.

K

napen

Pah said:
I think it's a terrific question but is better answered in another thread. This one is specfic to God is missing because there are no prophets. Perhaps you can extend your answer to cover this topic.
i would like to point you to a prophecy that there is another prophet that will come...

41 "As for the foreigner who does not belong to your people Israel but has come from a distant land because of your name- 42 for men will hear of your great name and your mighty hand and your outstretched arm—when he comes and prays toward this temple, 43 then hear from heaven, your dwelling place, and do whatever the foreigner asks of you, so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you, as do your own people Israel, and may know that this house I have built bears your Name.

I Kings 8:41-43 (NIV)

Who is the "foreigner" that will introduce God's Name to all men?

Where shall the "foreigner" proclaim the Name of God?

14 They raise their voices, they shout for joy; from the west they acclaim the LORD's majesty. 15 Therefore in the east give glory to the LORD; exalt the name of the LORD, the God of Israel, in the islands of the sea.

Isaiah 24:14-15 (NIV)

When shall the "foreigner" proclaim the Name of God?

7But in the days when the seventh angel is about to sound his trumpet, the mystery of God will be accomplished, just as he announced to his servants the prophets."

Revelation 10:7 (NIV)

Why it had taken a long time to be revealed?

2 Then the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. 3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.

Habakkuk 2:2-3 (NIV)

These are prophecies that will happen soon... but if you really want to know more, go to the www.thename.ph for more detailed info...

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
napen said:
i would like to point you to a prophecy that there is another prophet that will come...

41 "As for the foreigner who does not belong to your people Israel but has come from a distant land because of your name- 42 for men will hear of your great name and your mighty hand and your outstretched arm—when he comes and prays toward this temple, 43 then hear from heaven, your dwelling place, and do whatever the foreigner asks of you, so that all the peoples of the earth may know your name and fear you, as do your own people Israel,and may know that this house I have built bears your Name.

I Kings 8:41-43 (NIV)

Who is the "foreigner"that will introduce God's Name to all men?
That prophecy was fulfilled a couple millenia ago :D

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Radar said:
But you didn't answer my first question..:)
No, I didn't; sorry -
Am I supposed to have a god??? If so then I don't know. He/she has never showed him or herself to me.
That depends on you; God is there, but you need to want to want him. He won't show himself to you either (unless you are extremely blessed) - what he wants of you is Faith in him. Where is he ? -Everywhere.;)

true blood

Kowalski said:
Now, it seems to be the case that God spoke on numerous occasions (allegedly) to various Jewish Prophets. However, since this god was reinvented by the Jesus cult, and then adopted by the Christain cult, it (god) seems to of have clammed up, And here I have to disregard the claims of the LDS and founder Smith. I don't think that you can include these johnny come latelys in this scenario.

So, for all you Christians, do you think your God was unhappy at being hijacked by Paul and sold to you, the gentiles ? and that's why your god not longer does prophecy ?

Cheers

K
You do not seem to be reading the scriptures with clarity. James and Simeon wasn't joking around when they hearkened unto the men and brethren of how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out a people for his name. And to this agree all the words of the prophets as it is written. After this will I return and build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down, and I will build again the ruins thereof and I will set it up. That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Kowalski

true blood said:
You do not seem to be reading the scriptures with clarity. James and Simeon wasn't joking around when they hearkened unto the men and brethren of how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out a people for his name. And to this agree all the words of the prophets as it is written. After this will I return and build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down, and I will build again the ruins thereof and I will set it up. That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
He didn't have much impact at the first then ?

K

napen

StewpidLoser said:
That prophecy was fulfilled a couple millenia ago :D
if it is fulfilled long before then how come we still have so many gods and with different names...

the prophecy in zech 14:9 has not been fulfilled, so much so the prohecy in zech 13:9... those who will call on the true Name of God, no one has called... and who was the prophet you were refering to that had fulfilled the prophecy of the "foreigner."

Also, to say that the Name of god has been revealed long ago, why can't we call on His Name, especially now that the disasters and other impending

also, if we are to exchange ideas concerning the Bible, we should also base and prove our point through the Bible, if we will not take it to consideration, then how can you say that the things you want to point out is true with regards to the Bible.

Bennettresearch

Politically Incorrect
Kowalski said:
So, for all you Christians, do you think your God was unhappy at being hijacked by Paul and sold to you, the gentiles ? and that's why your god not longer does prophecy ?
Hi Kowalski,

We all know that your god Einstein is dead. :D (just joking)

It is intriguing that you should bring up such an inflammatory thread. As to prophets, who can come along and follow the original acts and have any credibility? Revelations may come but they are about that which has already been written down. It may take along time for someone to add something new to the scene.

As to your first question, the prophecy in Revelation is saying just that. This is probably why we have so many different interpretations of it because the original theme is very much against the "cult" that came after Jesus' death. The prophecy of Jesus through John is pointing the finger right at them. Of course this won't sit well with those who have been influenced by Paulist doctrine. God is still there even though some Christians may have gotten it wrong.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
napen said:
if it is fulfilled long before then how come we still have so many gods and with different names...
I don't believe that we have many gods with many names. I believe there is one God, as stated in 1Corinthians Chapter 8:
4 Then concerning the eating of the things sacrificed to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one.
5 For though there are those who are called gods, whether in Heaven or in earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 but there is to us only one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him.

napen said:
Also, to say that the Name of god has been revealed long ago, why can't we call on His Name, especially now that the disasters and other impending
We CAN call on Him in the Name of Jesus Christ. Many people do, as the Psalm tells us:
Jehovah is near all those who call on Him, all those who call on Him in truth.
Psa 145:19 He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry, and will save them.
20 Jehovah watches over all those who love Him; but all the wicked He will destroy.
21 My mouth shall speak the praise of Jehovah; and let all flesh bless His holy name forever and ever.
napen said:
ialso, if we are to exchange ideas concerning the Bible, we should also base and prove our point through the Bible, if we will not take it to consideration, then how can you say that the things you want to point out is true with regards to the Bible.
OK... how's that.

napen

StewpidLoser said:
I don't believe that we have many gods with many names. I believe

there is one God, as stated in 1Corinthians Chapter 8:

We CAN call on Him in the Name of Jesus Christ. Many people do, as the Psalm tells us:

OK... how's that.
Please, you yourself has said that you have to call on god through jesus but what can Jesus says about your claim, read this it is very important: let us read from Jesus' own admission if we can still cann on God throuhg Jesus...

25"Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father. 26In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf.

so do you think if you will call on God in the name of Jesus, god will hear your prayer... you should be aware that on the cross Jesus cried loud "My God, My God, Why have you forsaken me?" Yet you will still call on God using the name of Jesus, the man forsaken by God, God will not hear your prayers, you have to call on God's name, with no other Name. The "Father" you say is not very accurate since in thew Bible Satan is also called "father" read in John 8:44 -

"You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

see, so we have to be specific with the Name we ascribe to God... H has a Name, in time it will be revealed... thank you for your reply.

Also, to give you something to think about:

This is God's commandment to all of us...

26 See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse- 27 the blessing if you obey the commands of the LORD your God that I am giving you today; 28 the curse if you disobey the commands of the LORD your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known.
Deuteronomy 11:26-28

Regarding "the blessing and the curse?" Why are the people and the prophets in the Old Testament that had followed God's commandments were all saved; from destruction (Lot), from the flood (Noah), from the lions (Daniel), from the big fish (Jonah), from the fire (Daniel's friends), and from their enemies (David) to name a few, and why is it, in the New Testament, all who have followed Jesus, starting from Jesus, were all killed? Does it mean that the God in the Old Testament is different from the God of the New Testament? We should understand that God is consistent in His decree regarding the "blessings and curses", He had given examples in the Bible so that we will know how to receive the blessings and not the curses.

Ponder on these things...

"then I saw all that God has done. No one can comprehend what goes on under the sun. Despite all his efforts to search it out, man cannot discover its meaning. Even if a wise man claims he knows, he cannot really comprehend it." Ecclesiastes 8:17

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
napen said:
so do you think if you will call on God in the name of Jesus, god will hear your prayer...
Despite your attempts to take Scripture out of context and twist it in a such a way as to try to tell me my beliefs are wrong, yes I do. God doesn't lie and though I may have to wait awhile for an answer and the answer may not necessarily be what I want, I absolutely believe He hears my prayers.
napen said:
Ponder on these things...

"then I saw all that God has done. No one can comprehend what goes on under the sun. Despite all his efforts to search it out, man cannot discover its meaning. Even if a wise man claims he knows, he cannot really comprehend it." Ecclesiastes 8:17
I have and I do. As a diver, I get to see some things God has done that most people never will. This only confirms the Truth of this Scripture to me.

Despite what some scientists think (my college education was a Bach degree in Biological Sciences), they have not even come close to explaining, much less comprehending, the meanings of all that goes on under the sun. Creation is vast and complex and though we (as people) are finding more and more answers and explanations, there is much (especially the "why's") that we will never comprehend.... aka ~ why did Katrina and then the flooding destroy New Orleans...