• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Christians, of the church of Peter and Paul, the daughter churches of Babylon (Revelation 17:5), do not keep the "Sabbath", for they are based on the "message" of the false prophet Paul, and the "worthless shepherd" (Zechariah 11:17), Peter. Now as to what is to happen to the "nations"/Gentiles, well, they are to be dealt with at the valley of judgment, Har-Magedon, "day of the LORD" (Joel 2:31-32) with respect to their treatment of "My people" "Israel" (Joel 3:1-2). Constantine is the guy who set up the dogmas of the Gentile church, which includes his decree to keep Sunday as the day of rest in 331 A.D. According to Yeshua, your NT bible includes the "message" (tare seed) of the "enemy"/"devil" (Matthew 13:24-30 & 39) which was planted in the same "field"/book. The result of this tare seed are the tares, which at the "end of the age", will be "gathered" by the angels, and cast into the "furnace of fire". The "prophecy" concerning the Roman Catholic church, per Revelation 17:5, was used by the leaders of the reformation to build their new churches upon. Without that, you would have no scriptural ground for the existence of the Protestant churches. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

I thought you might be part of the same group that @3rdAngel comes from but I don't think that he things that Paul and Peter said to not keep the Sabbath.

3rdAngel

So, in other words, if I disagree with you, I am disagreeing with God because I love sin? If I didn't love sin, I would agree with you, right?
Sorry dear friend but micro-quoting my posts and ignoring the scriptures that have been shared with you that are in direct disagreement with you here will not help you. Receive Gods Word and be blessed while you still can. Ignoring Gods Word will not make it disappear. According to Jesus the Words of God we accept or reject become our judge come judgement day (see John 12:47-48).

Take care.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry dear friend but micro-quoting my posts and ignoring the scriptures that have been shared with you that are in direct disagreement with you here will not help you.
What on earth is "micro-quoting"? I'm not ignoring the scripture you shared, I 100% agree with them, but not in how you interpret them.
Receive Gods Word and be blessed while you still can. Ignoring Gods Word will not make it disappear.
I see. If all else fails, resort to fear and threats. That's the difference between your idea of God and mine. I believe in the God of Love. You believe in the God of Fear.
According to Jesus the Words of God we accept or reject become our judge come judgement day (see John 12:47-48).
According to how I understanding the teachings of Jesus, you're entirely misguided about your ideas of God. But God still loves you anyway. That's the difference in our views about the nature of God. Yours threatens and intimidates to elicit your obedience. Mine invites through love to be love. Choose whichever view brings you Peace. Ultimately, you will judge yourself.

love and scripture.jpg

Last edited:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I am not a part of the Gentile church, but I get the information directly from Yeshua, the "son of man's" message per Matthew 13:24-30, and the historical record, with respect to Athanasius being the bishop of Alexandria, and coming up with what is the generally used NT canon, in the year 367 A.D. , just google Athanasius and the "Christian" NT canon, it should take you to the record.
So you consider yourself a Jewish Christian then? Do you believe Christians should get circumcised if they aren't already when they convert?

Also, do you consider yourself a prophet of the church, since you get scripture direct from Jesus? Have you written scripture for others to follow and obey as God's commandments as well? Do others call you by a title, like prophet or apostle?

3rdAngel

What on earth is "micro-quoting"? I'm not ignoring the scripture you shared, I 100% agree with them, but not in how you interpret them. I see. If all else fails, resort to fear and threats. That's the difference between your idea of God and mine. I believe in the God of Love. You believe in the God of Fear. According to how I understanding the teachings of Jesus, you're entirely misguided about your ideas of God. But God still loves you anyway. That's the difference in our views about the nature of God. Yours threatens. Mine invites.
You keep denying Gods Words (the scriptures) with your words and posting comics as a distraction, without addressing the post contend and the scriptures that are in disagreement with you. You can choose to believe and follow Gods Word or reject it. The choice is yours. Lets not make excuses for sin. It is best to believe and follow what Gods Word says because according to Jesus the words of God we accept or reject become our judge come judgement day according to the scriptures (John 12:47-48). For me only Gods Words are true and we should believe and follow them over the teachings and traditions of men that have led many away from God and His Word against the very warnings of Jesus (see Matthew 15:3-9; Romans 3:4; Acts 5:29; 32). Receive Gods Word and be blessed dear friend, ignoring them do not make them disappear. Jesus is knocking. Its up to you to let him in. God's Word does not teach lawlessness. According to John those who do this do not know God *1 John 2:3-4 and are the children of the devil in 1 John 3:6-10. (see also Matthew 7:13-23; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14; 1 John 2:3-4)

Micro-quoting is just as it means taking a small snippet out of context to a larger post supported by scripture and ignoring the scriptures and the rest of the post that is supporting what is being said. You are indeed ignoring the scriptures that have been shared with you that are in disagreement with you which is why you do not put them in the posts you are responding to and do not address them. God is indeed a God of love. God is love but love tells the truth and according to the scriptures not only is God a God of love but he is also a God of justice, judgement to those who do not believe and follow his Words of mercy, and grace. If God was not a God of justice and judgement then there would be no need for Him to send Jesus to die for the penalty of our sins.

According to the scriptures, if we continue in known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word we count the blood of the covenant and the gift of Grace an unholy thing, doing despite to the Spirit of Gods grace and there remains no more sacrifice for sin but a fearful looking forward to of judgement to come which will devour the adversaries (Hebrews 10:26-31). Lets not make excuses for sin. Those who do that according to John are the children of the devil in 1 John 3:6-10 and be among the many that are called (Matthew 22:14) but not of the few that are Gods chosen according to the scriptures (see Matthew 7:13-23; 1 John 2:3-4). May you be blessed dear friend. This day Jesus is knocking at the door. It is up to us to let Him in. Sin and all those who continue practicing it will not enter into Gods kingdom. Only Gods Words are true and we should believe and follow them (Romans 3:4; Acts 5:29; 32)

Take Care.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

So you consider yourself a Jewish Christian then? Do you believe Christians should get circumcised if they aren't already when they convert?

Also, do you consider yourself a prophet of the church, since you get scripture direct from Jesus? Have you written scripture for others to follow and obey as God's commandments as well? Do others call you by a title, like prophet or apostle?
Everybody has the same access to the message of the "son of man", just as they have access to the message of the "enemy"/"devil" (Matthew 13:24-51). It is just that the "many" choose the wide path to "destruction" (Matthew 7:13-15) and choose to follow their "false prophets". Those who choose to follow the path of committing "lawlessness" (Matthew 13:41-42) are on the path to being "gathered" and thrown into the "furnace of fire", which is the coming "great tribulation" (Matthew 24:21). The "elite" feel safe in that the government will save them from themselves, and that the coming bank system failure, and coming retirement fund collapse will be back stopped from affecting them. Well, the FDIC only has money to back stop 1.3% of the bank deposits, and the government's back stop contribution of 25 billion is way short of the banking shortfall of around 600 billion. They are simply shooting at a psychological back stop, which when no one trusts the government, those with any sense, it will probably not work. The current regime, focused on ESG, just like the banks that failed, had problems shooting down a single Chinese balloon. The Chinese have 1000 of those maneuverable balloons. Tie a diamond coated chain below the balloon, and you can short out most of the U.S. power grid, which will cut off your credit card, phone, on time groceries, and gas stations, which will rapidly cause death and destruction. The Swiss Haledon accelerator just caused a long-term break in the ozone layer, which is supposed to protect the earth from solar ejections and lower the EMP impact of the sun. That can cause the same effect as EMP bombs from either Russia, China, or North Korea. I mean, man stands on a precipice, and yet continues on into craziness. The actual demise will apparently start with a "great earthquake", and trinkle down to 100 pound "hailstones" falling from heaven, or multiple bomb ICBMs (Revelation 16:16-21), yet the emphasis of the "elites" is on "pronouns". As for circumcision, that was a covenant given to Abraham, which means father of nations/Gentiles. That was like baptism, a physical sign of a spiritual happening. It was circumvented by the false prophet Paul, the "staff"/"shepherd" called "Favor", as defined in Zechariah 11:10. Personally, I wouldn't follow any false prophets, or "shepherds" "taken" to "pasture" a "flock (Gentile church) doomed to slaughter" (Zechariah 11:7).

2ndpillar

I thought you might be part of the same group that @3rdAngel comes from but I don't think that he things that Paul and Peter said to not keep the Sabbath.
Peter was very strict as to Jewish Law. That is why his followers, the Jews, were thrown out of Rome by Nero, because he and his Jewish followers clashed with Paul and his Gentile followers and caused disruption in Nero's kingdom. Peter's eating "vision" was simply the fulfilling of Zechariah 13:4-8, and Isaiah 22:15-25. Peter was the "worthless shepherd" of Zechariah 11:16-17. You wouldn't find Peter eating mice or swine. Peter was simply a challenged figure, as is his supposed heir, the pope. They were both born to fail/"fall". (Isaiah 22:15-25)

Elihoenai

According to your false prophet Paul, he keeps the law with his mind, it is only with his "flesh" that he "keeps the law of sin" (Romans 7:25). This is what is called the "leaven"/hypocrisy of the Pharisees.
Are you a Muslim, Jewish or Practising Judaism? What is your Religion? Why are you hiding your Religion?

pearl

There is no scripture from Genesis to Revelation that says Gods 4th commandment is no longer a part of Gods 10 commandments and a requirement for Christian living, just the same as there is no scripture that teaches that we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. Sunday worship is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word handed down by the Roman Catholic Church

Are you stating that the RCC wrote the NT? Because clearly Jewish Christians met on the 'Lord's Day' in observance of Jesus' resurrection. They also observed the Sabbath at synagogue until these Jewish Christians were expelled as 'heretics'.
You are quoting Scripture as though man was not involved in it. The 'word of God' though inspired, is human.

3rdAngel

Are you stating that the RCC wrote the NT? Because clearly Jewish Christians met on the 'Lord's Day' in observance of Jesus' resurrection. They also observed the Sabbath at synagogue until these Jewish Christians were expelled as 'heretics'.
You are quoting Scripture as though man was not involved in it. The 'word of God' though inspired, is human.
No. The Roman Catholic Church did not write the New testament and I never said they did. Also, according to the scriptures Gods people met every day of the week after the resurrection of Jesus meeting together and breaking bread according to Acts of the Apostles 2:46-47. That does not make every day of the week a holy day now does it? I am quoting scripture because as posted earlier in the post you are quoting from but not choosing to ignore, the scriptures are the only standard of what is true and what is not true (Romans 3:4; John 17:17) and faith in the scriptures is how we receive Gods salvation (Ephesians 2:9-9). Not believing scripture and not obeying the scriptures is how we lose salvation (see John 3:36; Matthew 7:21-23; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-10). @pearl, let me say it again. Our salvation is conditional to us believing and following what Gods Word (the scriptures) say (see Hebrews 10:26-31; John 3:36; Ephesians 2:8-9; Matthew 7:13-23; James 2:13-26; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14; John 8:31-36).

Take Care.

Last edited:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You keep denying Gods Words (the scriptures) with your words and posting comics as a distraction
No. I keep rejecting your interpretations of God's words with my understandings of God's words. And the reason for that comic, is because as they say 'A picture paints a thousand words'. Since you can't follow what I say in my many words, perhaps a simple comic illustration will instill the point a little better.

To me that comic captures perfectly the difference between us. You try to understand what love is by reading words about love, without understanding it through experience. I try to understand the words about love by reading them through the experience of unconditional love. That is why I see the God of Love in scripture, and you see the God of Fear. You read it from a place of fear.

I dare say, if you ever experienced that unconditional Love of God in your life, you'd read them differently too. You'd no longer read them as trying to win God's acceptance though winning his approval.
without addressing the post contend and the scriptures that are in disagreement with you.
The scriptures are not in disagreement with me. I could take each and every single verse you shared and offer an entire explanation of how I see them supporting what I believe, and how they often outright contradict what you say they mean. But it is simply sufficient to address that 600 pound gorilla in the middle of the room, rather than getting lost in the weeds of picking apart 60 different verses of scripture for you - which is what truly is a distraction.

That 600 pound gorilla in the middle of the room is that you believe your understanding of scripture is infallible. And therefore nothing anyone says to show how you are incorrect in your reading of them will accomplish anything! You can't be wrong, no matter what. "These are not my words, they are God's words!". That is the Big Lie. They are you thoughts and ideas about God's words, just as my understandings of the exact same scriptures are my own.

But you simply refuse to see yourself in this process. You have a massive blindspot to yourself and your own bias. I can only conclude you must feel terribly insecure in your faith. Your ideas are all you have to hold onto, and if anything should make you question your ideas about scripture and about God, your entire faith will collapse. Dollars to donuts, I'm spot on here.
You can choose to believe and follow Gods Word or reject it.
I believe it and do follow it. I just don't believe it and follow it the way you do, because I believe you are missing the very point of it, and are trying to climb in another way, avoiding the price of humility to get your through that Door.
The choice is yours. Lets not make excuses for sin.
I don't make excuses for sin. If I am following love, I avoid sin because "Love works no ill. Love is the fulfillment of the law".

But if by sin you mean disagreeing with your views of God and scripture, well then, hogwash. That's not sin. Unless you consider a disagreement with you, to be a sin against God? Do you believe that about yourself? You are the Chosen One, and infallible and beyond reproach and to disagree with you puts one at risk of the flames of eternal hellfire? ;)
Micro-quoting is just as it means taking a small snippet out of context to a larger post supported by scripture and ignoring the scriptures and the rest of the post that is supporting what is being said.
Oh, what you don't understand here is that this is not "quote mining", which is the term I think you mean to say, which is just grabbing a few words and ignoring the larger context. No, that is not what I am doing. I read everything you posted, and I even looked at each of the scripture references you shared. You're just taking all of those verses, reading them through your particular lens and seeing what you want to see in them.

What I am doing is not quote-mining, or "micro-quoting" as you call it. It's actually just a pinpoint surgical strike. I see the target as the single point of failure for the entire house of cards you post following it.

But if and when your raise some other points that offer a different target, then I'll address those, as I just did now in this post. I simply lob off all the fat that surrounds your underlying flawed point, because why should I get lost in the weed, whacking my way through each and every one of them, when I can see that little ground squirrel sitting right there with my eagle vision? I'm just going to right for it.

Of course, if that target is a 600 pound gorilla, "It's not my words, but God's words", it's pretty hard to miss. :)

You are indeed ignoring the scriptures that have been shared with you that are in disagreement with you which is why you do not put them in the posts you are responding to and do not address them.
As I said, I've been reading each and everyone you shared. And everytime I read them, I'm saying to myself, he doesn't see what they are actually saying. :) And then I think to myself, do I bother to try to spend 3 posts and 15,000 words to explain them to him, or do I just go right to the heart of the problem and focus there? I chose to focus my energies to the source of the error itself, rather than getting pulled into and lost in the briar patch where you can more easily try to hide in quibblings.

But if you'd like, then choose just 4 verses for me to explain how I interpret them, and I'll be willing to narrow it down to that, rather than trying to address 50 plus verses per post, as you try to do as a distraction.

God is indeed a God of love. God is love but love tells the truth and according to the scriptures not only is God a God of love but he is also a God of justice, judgement to those who do not believe and follow his Words of mercy, and grace.
But what does that mean to you? "If you don't accept God's love and grace by believing him, then God will destroy you!" What??

What is love to you? Imagine this scenario. An emotionally and psychologically insecure boyfriend says to a girl whom he desperately wants to want him, "Tell me you love me, or I'll burn your house down with you in your bed." The girl then fearful of his violence and anger then pledges her love to him. "Yes! I love you. Please don't kill me!".

Is that love real love?
If God was not a God of justice and judgement then there would be no need for Him to send Jesus to die for the penalty of our sins.
Again, my understanding of God's justice is going to be different from yours. And my understanding of it is supported by scripture. God's justice to me is a distributive justice, where everyone is treated fairly without partiality, and no one is left wanting for basic needs. This is strewn throughout the scriptures, both OT and NT. But your view of justice is retributive justice, or paying back the wrongdoers with vengeance and blood and wrath and destruction. In other words, a God of violence.

Not to get embroiled in this too much, other than to simply say, I related to Grace as unconditional love. You relate to Grace as "I'll give you a chance to swear your loyalty to me before I destroy you." Very contrasting and different ideas of God's Grace.

pearl

"Feast of Unleavened Bread" which started on the 15th of Nissan, one week every year.

Isn't unleavened bread used on 'every' Sabbath meal?
I am not a part of the Gentile church, but I get the information directly from Yeshua, the "son of man's" message per Matthew 13:24-30, and the historical record, with respect to Athanasius being the bishop of Alexandria, and coming up with what is the generally used NT canon, in the year 367 A.D. , just google Athanasius and the "Christian" NT canon, it should take you to the record.

Also, according to the scriptures Gods people met every day of the week after the resurrection of Jesus meeting together and breaking bread according to Acts of the Apostles 2:46-47.

resurrection of Jesus meeting together and breaking bread

And that outline, somewhat idyllically, the chief characteristics of the Jerusalem community: adherence to the teachings of the Twelve and the centering of its religious life in the eucharistic liturgy.
And we continue as Catholics today to meet everyday for Eucharist, the breaking of bread. There is daily Mass with the exception of Holy Saturday.

2ndpillar

And that outline, somewhat idyllically, the chief characteristics of the Jerusalem community: adherence to the teachings of the Twelve and the centering of its religious life in the eucharistic liturgy.
And we continue as Catholics today to meet everyday for Eucharist, the breaking of bread. There is daily Mass with the exception of Holy Saturday.
The feast of unleavened bread appears for one week a year, in which all leaven is thrown out of the house. When you follow your Catholic ideology, you then go home and have a good home cooked meal with plenty of leavened bread. Even Paul wasn't that hypocritical. As for the last supper, well, it is the imagery of the "bread of life", which is the Word of God, being eaten without the leaven (hypocrisy) of the Pharisees. I think you have missed the point in at least two ways. The eating of unleavened bread originally happened because of the Israelis hurriedly leaving the Gentiles/Egypt in haste, as with respect to the outcome of the angels of death. Well, those angels are returning, to "gather" out the "tares" at the "end of the age" and throw them into the "furnace of fire" (Matthew 13:30). At that time, those fleeing to the mountains (Matthew 24:16), will probably once again, not have time to go get their "coat" nor have time to have their bread rise.

3rdAngel

No. I keep rejecting your interpretations of God's words with my understandings of God's words. And the reason for that comic, is because as they say 'A picture paints a thousand words'. Since you can't follow what I say in my many words, perhaps a simple comic illustration will instill the point a little better. To me that comic captures perfectly the difference between us. You try to understand what love is by reading words about love, without understanding it through experience. I try to understand the words about love by reading them through the experience of unconditional love. That is why I see the God of Love in scripture, and you see the God of Fear. You read it from a place of fear.
I dare say, if you ever experienced that unconditional Love of God in your life, you'd read them differently too. You'd no longer read them as trying to win God's acceptance though winning his approval.

The scriptures are not in disagreement with me. I could take each and every single verse you shared and offer an entire explanation of how I see them supporting what I believe, and how they often outright contradict what you say they mean. But it is simply sufficient to address that 600 pound gorilla in the middle of the room, rather than getting lost in the weeds of picking apart 60 different verses of scripture for you - which is what truly is a distraction.

That 600 pound gorilla in the middle of the room is that you believe your understanding of scripture is infallible. And therefore nothing anyone says to show how you are incorrect in your reading of them will accomplish anything! You can't be wrong, no matter what. "These are not my words, they are God's words!". That is the Big Lie. They are you thoughts and ideas about God's words, just as my understandings of the exact same scriptures are my own.

But you simply refuse to see yourself in this process. You have a massive blindspot to yourself and your own bias. I can only conclude you must feel terribly insecure in your faith. Your ideas are all you have to hold onto, and if anything should make you question your ideas about scripture and about God, your entire faith will collapse. Dollars to donuts, I'm spot on here.

I believe it and do follow it. I just don't believe it and follow it the way you do, because I believe you are missing the very point of it, and are trying to climb in another way, avoiding the price of humility to get your through that Door.

I don't make excuses for sin. If I am following love, I avoid sin because "Love works no ill. Love is the fulfillment of the law".

But if by sin you mean disagreeing with your views of God and scripture, well then, hogwash. That's not sin. Unless you consider a disagreement with you, to be a sin against God? Do you believe that about yourself? You are the Chosen One, and infallible and beyond reproach and to disagree with you puts one at risk of the flames of eternal hellfire?

Oh, what you don't understand here is that this is not "quote mining", which is the term I think you mean to say, which is just grabbing a few words and ignoring the larger context. No, that is not what I am doing. I read everything you posted, and I even looked at each of the scripture references you shared. You're just taking all of those verses, reading them through your particular lens and seeing what you want to see in them.

What I am doing is not quote-mining, or "micro-quoting" as you call it. It's actually just a pinpoint surgical strike. I see the target as the single point of failure for the entire house of cards you post following it.

But if and when your raise some other points that offer a different target, then I'll address those, as I just did now in this post. I simply lob off all the fat that surrounds your underlying flawed point, because why should I get lost in the weed, whacking my way through each and every one of them, when I can see that little ground squirrel sitting right there with my eagle vision? I'm just going to right for it.

Of course, if that target is a 600 pound gorilla, "It's not my words, but God's words", it's pretty hard to miss.

As I said, I've been reading each and everyone you shared. And everytime I read them, I'm saying to myself, he doesn't see what they are actually saying. And then I think to myself, do I bother to try to spend 3 posts and 15,000 words to explain them to him, or do I just go right to the heart of the problem and focus there? I chose to focus my energies to the source of the error itself, rather than getting pulled into and lost in the briar patch where you can more easily try to hide in quibblings.

But if you'd like, then choose just 4 verses for me to explain how I interpret them, and I'll be willing to narrow it down to that, rather than trying to address 50 plus verses per post, as you try to do as a distraction.

But what does that mean to you? "If you don't accept God's love and grace by believing him, then God will destroy you!" What??

What is love to you? Imagine this scenario. An emotionally and psychologically insecure boyfriend says to a girl whom he desperately wants to want him, "Tell me you love me, or I'll burn your house down with you in your bed." The girl then fearful of his violence and anger then pledges her love to him. "Yes! I love you. Please don't kill me!".

Is that love real love?

Again, my understanding of God's justice is going to be different from yours. And my understanding of it is supported by scripture. God's justice to me is a distributive justice, where everyone is treated fairly without partiality, and no one is left wanting for basic needs. This is strewn throughout the scriptures, both OT and NT. But your view of justice is retributive justice, or paying back the wrongdoers with vengeance and blood and wrath and destruction. In other words, a God of violence.

Not to get embroiled in this too much, other than to simply say, I related to Grace as unconditional love. You relate to Grace as "I'll give you a chance to swear your loyalty to me before I destroy you." Very contrasting and different ideas of God's Grace.
Well that is not true. You keep micro-quoting me in order to avoid addressing the post content and the scriptures shared with you that disagree with you word for word. Those scriptures that are in disagreement with you are Gods Words not my words. So your argument here is with God not me. According to the scriptures that are in disagreement with you God is not mocked dear friend and we should not seek to make excuses for sin *Galatians 6:7. According to Hebrews 10:26-31 all who continue practicing known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word will not enter into Gods kingdom and neither do they know God according to John in John 2:3-4.

Even your comic is full of lies. Love is not separate from Gods Words. Without the scriptures we cannot know God and do not know what Gods love is so how can love be separate from Gods Word? You say we love God by breaking his commandments but Gods Word says in 1 John 5:2-3 "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." So who is telling the truth; Gods Word (scripture) or your comic? Jesus says if you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15) and again in John 15:10 "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." According to John we cannot even claim to know God if we do not keep Gods commandments in 1 John 2:3-4 "And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

So to claim to know God and not believe and follow what Gods Word says only shows that we are lying and the truth is not in us. Love is not separate from Gods Word. Love is expressed by believing and following what Gods Word says. Its time to unlearn the lies we have all been taught at Sunday school. God is calling us all out from following the teachings and traditions of the fallen Church's back to His Word so that we can worship Him in Spirit and in truth *John 4:23-24. Gods sheep will hear His voice (the Word) and follow him. Those who do not hear will not follow because they are not his sheep - John 10:26-27. No one has experienced unconditional love if they do not believe and follow what Gods Word says. Just like no one can claim to know and love God while breaking Gods commandments. According to the scriptures those who practice known unrepentant sin do not know God or love God and are in danger of the judgement to come (1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 5:2-3; John 14:15; John 15:10; 1 John 3:4-10; Hebrews 10:26-27. According to the scriptures if we continue in known unrepentant sin we will die in our sins because we reject God and His Words that make us wise unto salvation end Gods gift of grace (see Ephesians 2:8-9; compare Romans 10:17; John 17:17; John 6:63; John 8:31-36).

Take Care.

Last edited:

pearl

The feast of unleavened bread appears for one week a year

The words of Jesus, 'this is my body', 'this is my blood' the institution of the eucharist, were within the context of
the Jewish liturgy of Passover. It is this that is re-enacted in a Catholic mass.

3rdAngel

And that outline, somewhat idyllically, the chief characteristics of the Jerusalem community: adherence to the teachings of the Twelve and the centering of its religious life in the eucharistic liturgy. And we continue as Catholics today to meet everyday for Eucharist, the breaking of bread. There is daily Mass with the exception of Holy Saturday.
I think you missed the point of my last post @pearl. When I posted that according to the scriptures Gods people met every day of the week after the resurrection of Jesus meeting together and breaking bread according to Acts of the Apostles 2:46-47. I was responding to your claims trying to justify Sunday as a replacement for obeying Gods 4th commandment. As posted earlier there is no scripture in the entire bible that says Gods 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus. This is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9, just like the tradition that Sunday is "the Lords day". These teachings are man-made teachings and traditions that are not supported in the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles (scriptures of the new testament). Jesus tells us in Matthew 15:3-9 if we follow man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God we are not worshiping God and our hearts are far from him which is why Jesus says if you love me keep my commandments. Gods Word (scripture) therefore is the only rule of faith and the only definition of what is true and what is not true (Romans 3:4; John 17:17) and faith in the scriptures is how we receive Gods salvation (Ephesians 2:9-9). Not believing scripture and not obeying the scriptures is how we lose salvation (see John 3:36; Matthew 7:21-23; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-10). @pearl, let me say it again. Our salvation is conditional to us believing and following what Gods Word (the scriptures) say (see Hebrews 10:26-31; John 3:36; Ephesians 2:8-9; Matthew 7:13-23; James 2:13-26; 1 John 2:3-4; 1 John 3:6-10; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14; John 8:31-36). If we do not believe and obey Gods Word then we are still in our sins and need to repent of our sins and seek Gods forgiveness.

Take Care.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well that is not true. You keep micro-quoting me in order to avoid addressing the post content and the scripture that disagrees with you word for word.
And you just quoted everything I said as one thing, and didn't address my points. I think it is you who are projecting this so-called "micro-quoting." I asked you to please share which verses you wish me to address, but you didn't. Why not? Don't you want to see my response to them?

Those scriptures that are in disagreement with you are Gods Words not my words
They are God's words, interpreted by you. Why is this so impossible for you to comprehend? When I quote the same words, and offer a different understanding of them, then I'm wrong and you're right, because you alone interpret them correctly? How is this so impossible for you to comprehend? Are you that delusional?

. So your argument here is with God not me.
No, it's with you. I'm fine with God. I only disagree with you.

According to the scriptures that are in disagreement with you God is not mocked dear friend and we should not seek to make excuses for sin *Galatians 6:7.
I'm not making any excuses for sin. Which sin? Name it? What sin am I committing, other than disagreeing with how you interpret the Bible? You don't get to accuse me of sinning without just cause. I'm not mocking God, nor am I mocking you. I just dispute your ideas about God. That's the only thing that I can see, so that must be what you think in my sin? To disagree with you?
According to Hebrews 10:26-31 all who continue practicing known unrepentant sin after God gives us a knowledge of the truth of His Word will not enter into Gods kingdom and neither do they know God according to John in John 2:3-4.
I'm not sinning. What are you calling me sinning? And "who are you to judge another man's servant"? Romans 14:4. You know that entire chapter you refused to discuss with me, because you know it lays waste to your entire judgement of other Christians as sinning because they don't agree with your legalism. But it's not my words, but God's words you are rejecting. So you know all those verses you just quoted about not continuing to sin? You'd better stop sinning then.

Sauce of the goose, is sauce for your gander....
Even your comic is full of lies. Love is not separate from Gods Words. Without the scriptures we cannot know God and do not know what Gods love is so how can love be separate from Gods Word?
Wrong! "For the heavens declare the glory of God, the firmament showeth his handiwork, day unto day uttereth speech, night unto night sheweth knowledge." Psalm 19. "For the invisible things of him through creation are clearly seen and made known, even his eternal power and godhead so that they are without excuse", Romans 1:20.

I could go on, but it is clear from scripture, which you ignore or reject because it doesn't agree with you (I'm just using your tactics back at you here), that we can and do in fact know God's Love through creation itself, without words on a page in ink. "Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law." Romans 2:14. And if they "do by nature the things required by the law", and they only way to fulfill the law is through LOVE, then they clearly, without knowledge of scripture, though nature, through the witness of their own hearts and conscious, know what Love is.

I know no way you can dismiss this. It contradicts your legalism. It affirms what that cartoon so masterfully, and accurately, and truthful says. The lens through which you read scripture, taints it with the color of your fear and legalistic view of God as a God of conditional love. The lense through which I read scripture through is the lens of Love, which sees Grace, forgiveness, patience, longsuffer, and everything else you can read for yourself in the 13th chapter of 1 Corinthians, as well as the list of the fruits of the Spirit in Galatians.

"Now we see through a glass darkly". That is the filters, the lens, the biases through which your fear reads the Bible. So, they are NOT "God's words, not mine", as you blindly assume against all reason and facts. They are "God's word", seen through your dark glasses of fear. But when you heart becomes filled with that Infinite Love, then that glass through which we see becomes crystal clear, and we "see Face to Face", and know even as we are known.

Love is the opposite of fear. Perfect Love casts out all fear. That's is what that comic, which you call a lie, is masterfully saying. Remember, they said Jesus cast of devils with a devil, because he taught the Gospel of Love too, right?
You say we love God by breaking his commandments
I never said that. You accuse me of that. Just like the Pharisees accused Jesus of breaking the commandments too. You're siding with the wrong group in that narrative. He taught Love, they accused him of lawlessness. Sound familiar to you? It does to me, just as it was familiar to Jesus.
but Gods Word says in 1 John 5:2-3 "By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."
Yes, one of the verses I quote in support of the law of love. "You shall know them by their fruits". A good tree produces good fruits. Of course we will naturally keep God's commandments. But that does not mean following the 613 external laws of Moses. Haven't you learned that yet in your Bible study groups? Maybe you should find a better church?

Jesus says if you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15) and again in John 15:10 "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."
Yes, exactly. "Love works no ill". If you abide in Love, you will not sin. If you sin, you are not abiding in love. The goal is to look at your heart, not follow a checklist of 613 commandments to make sure you did each one as you're supposed to in order to be accepted by God. That's your legalistic approach. That is making clean the outside of the cup, and ignoring the inside.

I think you just don't understand this, because the "glass" that you look though, doesn't apprehend the nature of what unconditional, agape, or Divine Love is. That's not a condemnation of you. It's simply understanding that you can't relate to what that kind of Love is like, and so naturally you read scripture through that "glass darkly". You imagine love to mean living up to expectations and receiving approvals. That isn't truly love. It certainly isn't the nature of God's Love.
So to claim to know God and not believe and follow what Gods Word says only shows that we are lying and the truth is not in us.
I am following the Way that Jesus taught. "Love God with all your heart... and love your neighbor as yourself". All the rest is as Paul says,

One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.​

When you can figure out what that verse means, and what that entire chapter means, then we can begin to have a discussion. But I think you are still hung up as one still weak in faith, thinking days of the week are more important than Love. And you judge those, you judge another man's servant, because you don't understand the nature of Grace.

Read Romans 14 my friend. When you are ready to discuss that chapter calmly and with reason and respect with me, then let me know.

Last edited: