• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sorry. I like your questions, so I hope you don't mind... :)
Not at all. I'm happy to hear your thoughts.

To put your responses in easy context for reference:

Question 1: Is God's love conditional upon your obeying the law?

Jude 1:21; John 15:10; Psalms 11:5
Looks that way, based on those scriptures. Not the Mosaic Law, but God's laws + the law of Christ.
Jude 1:21 says, " Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." Note that the focus is on keeping yourself "in the love of God"? That is exactly what I am saying. By keeping your heart filled with the Love of God, you will naturally fulfill all the law of God, because you simply would not be motivated to act otherwise. If you truly love another, you're not going to harm them. If you are not loving another, then you might harm them because you are only thinking of yourself.

This is putting the horse in front of the cart. The horse pulls the cart. But if you are trying to put the cart in front of the horse, following the letter of the law to a T, and be vehement about every jot and tittle, then you in fact fail the law itself, because you in fact are not "in the love of God" at all. You are not acting from that place. You are acting out of your own self-interest. Being a legalist is opposite from having the law "written on your heart", which comes from a place of Love.

John 15:10 says, "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."

Yes, but by simply following the commandments as a "legal obligation", does not mean you are doing it from a place of love in your heart. The Pharisees did all that to a T, yet did Jesus accept their religiosity? No, he did not. So what does John mean here? It is simply saying, "Keep mindful of my ways, and you will continue in love". This is like a temperature gauge. If you find yourself wanting in your heart to act out of malice towards another, this will move you out of that "abiding love" in your heart, which is alone responsible for your "fulfilling all the law".

It's telling you, pay attention, be mindful of what is going on in your heart. It does not have to do with being anal about making sure you double check you are doing each and every detail of the law in order to be accepted by God. That is how the legalist thinks. That is what they believe God expects. That is putting the cart in front of the horse.

Psalm 11:5 about the Lord testing, that is simply to say that if you are genuinely rooted and grounded (abiding), in the heart of Love, your actions, will tell the truth of that, or any deficiencies. "By their fruits you shall know them", is what Jesus said. It applies here.

Question 2: Do you only love your children if they do what you say? Or, if you don't have children, did your own parents only love you when you were good and did what they say? Did you need to earn their love from them towards you?

Honestly, no.
The difference with us and God though, is God is holy. God is love.
Therefore, our love is not God's, nor our holiness. hence we need to understand what love is.
This makes me think of what Jesus said. "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts. to your children, how much more will your Father who. is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"

In other words, if as you say that our love is not God's Love, which is true, this does not mean that God acts worse than us! It is saying, our love, as good as that is, is nothing compared to God's love, which goes infinitely beyond our own. It doesn't act contrary to love, but rather it is the Source of Love itself. It is Love. And "Love works no ill".

Love is not sentimentality.
So, while humans are driven mostly by sentiment, God is not.
I agree that love is more than sentimentality. The Love of God, is not an emotional love, even though emotions may certainly be experienced in response to it. But I disagree that humans are driven mostly by sentimentality. Self-sacrifice for others, is quite common in human love. A mother loves her children as extensions of herself. They are far more than merely sentimental about them.

The Love that I am and have been talking about is the Divine Love, with a capital L. That is the Source of all Life itself, and is Life itself. It is that Love, that is also available to everyone in everyone at all times, if only accessed, and allowed to be embraced and realized in us. And when we do that, that "Love works no ill". That Love, is the fulfillment of the law.

There is no harmony between light and darkness - holiness and ungodliness.
Darkness cannot exist in Light. The same way, lawlessness, or "sin" cannot exist in Love. Therefore the commandment is to be filled with Love. That is how you cast out darkness. That is how sin cannot exist.

To illustrate, some parents will refuse to discipline a child, because... "Oh. He's Sooooooo Cute." When the child becomes a "monster", because they were spoiled, then the parent wants to know.... "Did I give birth to you?"
They think that's love.
You are correct, that is not a healthy expression of love. Love tells the truth. Love corrects. But Love never says, "You don't deserve my love, because you didn't obey me!" That is conditional love. Unconditional Love never turns away from the wayward. Ever.

If human parents are able to show that type of love towards their own wayward children, where that love is always there for them no matter how far astray they may go, then certainly, how much more Unconditional is God's Love?

The Bible says of God... for those whom Jehovah loves he disciplines, in fact, he scourges everyone whom he receives as a son.” Hebrews 12:6
God's love is not sentimentality. We sometimes don't know the difference.
Don't mistake loving disciple, with withholding are denying love. I am talking about those who were raised by parents where the child had to earn their parents love, and that love was denied them because they acting against their parents will. Many people grew up with this, and that is why I believe, they are legalistic about God. They don't understand or can relate to unconditional love. They confuse unconditional love as a lack of discipline or spoiling of the child on the part of the parents, which is not the case.

Question 3:
Do you believe God will send you to hell if you go to church on Sunday, instead of Saturday?

Well, I'll leave that to @2ndpillar since I know the Sabbath was given to the nation of Israel as a command to remember to keep a designated day holy, as a reminder not to forget the God that brought them out of Egypt, and cared for them.

It was as Paul said, a teacher, reminding them of what was important, so as to not lose out.
As was pointed out already... I saw @Kenny quote the scripture... the day is not the important thing. Neither eating and drinking.
I agree.

Question 4: Do you believe only those who believe like you do and practice religion the way you do will be accepted by God?

God accepts those who submit to his requirements for pure worship, so in that case, only those practicing the religion God approves, is acceptable to him, according to scripture. John 4:23-23; James 1:27
According to the teachings of Jesus, the requirements for pure worship is the be filled with God's Love in your heart. Doing so, you will naturally do no harm to others and fulfill the will, and the Way of God. That means, you can think however you want about God. Have whatever ideas you happen to like about God. Worship on whatever day of the week you want, or all days, or no day at all. You can eat whatever meat you want. Sing whatever song you want, etc. As long as it comes from a heart that is pure by being filled by the Love of God, that Unconditional Agape Divine Love, then you are a child of God.

Following specific religious practices and beliefs, being in the "right religion" is not "obeying God". Loving your neighbor as yourself is.

I experienced unconditional love from my parents growing up, and for my entire life. And I experienced absolute, unconditional Love from God, infinite and beyond comprehension. That type of Love can express itself in all of us towards others. I start there. When we do that, then and only then have we fulfilled the law, are are truly "obeying" or aligning ourselves with the Will of God. The Horse needs to be put in front of the cart.

Last edited:

2ndpillar

Not at all. I'm happy to hear your thoughts.

To put your responses in easy context for reference:

Question 1: Is God's love conditional upon your obeying the law?

Jude 1:21 says, " Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life." Note that the focus is on keeping yourself "in the love of God"? That is exactly what I am saying. By keeping your heart filled with the Love of God, you will naturally fulfill all the law of God, because you simply would not be motivated to act otherwise. If you truly love another, you're not going to harm them. If you are not loving another, then you might harm them because you are only thinking of yourself.

This is putting the horse in front of the cart. The horse pulls the cart. But if you are trying to put the cart in front of the horse, following the letter of the law to a T, and be vehement about every jot and tittle, then you in fact fail the law itself, because you in fact are not "in the love of God" at all. You are not acting from that place. You are acting out of your own self-interest. Being a legalist is opposite from having the law "written on your heart", which comes from a place of Love.

John 15:10 says, "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."

Yes, but by simply following the commandments as a "legal obligation", does not mean you are doing it from a place of love in your heart. The Pharisees did all that to a T, yet did Jesus accept their religiosity? No, he did not. So what does John mean here? It is simply saying, "Keep mindful of my ways, and you will continue in love". This is like a temperature gauge. If you find yourself wanting in your heart to act out of malice towards another, this will move you out of that "abiding love" in your heart, which is alone responsible for your "fulfilling all the law".

It's telling you, pay attention, be mindful of what is going on in your heart. It does not have to do with being anal about making sure you double check you are doing each and every detail of the law in order to be accepted by God. That is how the legalist thinks. That is what they believe God expects. That is putting the cart in front of the horse.

Psalm 11:5 about the Lord testing, that is simply to say that if you are genuinely rooted and grounded (abiding), in the heart of Love, your actions, will tell the truth of that, or any deficiencies. "By their fruits you shall know them", is what Jesus said. It applies here.

Question 2: Do you only love your children if they do what you say? Or, if you don't have children, did your own parents only love you when you were good and did what they say? Did you need to earn their love from them towards you?

This makes me think of what Jesus said. "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts. to your children, how much more will your Father who. is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!"

In other words, if as you say that our love is not God's Love, which is true, this does not mean that God acts worse than us! It is saying, our love, as good as that is, is nothing compared to God's love, which goes infinitely beyond our own. It doesn't act contrary to love, but rather it is the Source of Love itself. It is Love. And "Love works no ill".

I agree that love is more than sentimentality. The Love of God, is not an emotional love, even though emotions may certainly be experienced in response to it. But I disagree that humans are driven mostly by sentimentality. Self-sacrifice for others, is quite common in human love. A mother loves her children as extensions of herself. They are far more than merely sentimental about them.

The Love that I am and have been talking about is the Divine Love, with a capital L. That is the Source of all Life itself, and is Life itself. It is that Love, that is also available to everyone in everyone at all times, if only accessed, and allowed to be embraced and realized in us. And when we do that, that "Love works no ill". That Love, is the fulfillment of the law.

Darkness cannot exist in Light. The same way, lawlessness, or "sin" cannot exist in Love. Therefore the commandment is to be filled with Love. That is how you cast out darkness. That is how sin cannot exist.

You are correct, that is not a healthy expression of love. Love tells the truth. Love corrects. But Love never says, "You don't deserve my love, because you didn't obey me!" That is conditional love. Unconditional Love never turns away from the wayward. Ever.

If human parents are able to show that type of love towards their own wayward children, where that love is always there for them no matter how far astray they may go, then certainly, how much more Unconditional is God's Love?

Don't mistake loving disciple, with withholding are denying love. I am talking about those who were raised by parents where the child had to earn their parents love, and that love was denied them because they acting against their parents will. Many people grew up with this, and that is why I believe, they are legalistic about God. They don't understand or can relate to unconditional love. They confuse unconditional love as a lack of discipline or spoiling of the child on the part of the parents, which is not the case.

Question 3:
Do you believe God will send you to hell if you go to church on Sunday, instead of Saturday?

I agree.

Question 4: Do you believe only those who believe like you do and practice religion the way you do will be accepted by God?

According to the teachings of Jesus, the requirements for pure worship is the be filled with God's Love in your heart. Doing so, you will naturally do no harm to others and fulfill the will, and the Way of God. That means, you can think however you want about God. Have whatever ideas you happen to like about God. Worship on whatever day of the week you want, or all days, or no day at all. You can eat whatever meat you want. Sing whatever song you want, etc. As long as it comes from a heart that is pure by being filled by the Love of God, that Unconditional Agape Divine Love, then you are a child of God.

Following specific religious practices and beliefs, being in the "right religion" is not "obeying God". Loving your neighbor as yourself is.

I experienced unconditional love from my parents growing up, and for my entire life. And I experienced absolute, unconditional Love from God, infinite and beyond comprehension. That type of Love can express itself in all of us towards others. I start there. When we do that, then and only then have we fulfilled the law, are are truly "obeying" or aligning ourselves with the Will of God. The Horse needs to be put in front of the cart.

Do you get paid by the word? The "love" of today is the love based on the twisted hearts of men, such as letting looters take whatever they want unless it is more than $1000, or as long as it doesn't infringe on yourself. Make sure the junkies have clean needles. Make sure those with gender dysphoria get their body parts hacked off in the name of love. Or you can accept the Commandments of God and not kill, steal, or commit false witness against your neighbor. Oh yeah, that would be too legalistic. Today, the elite hide behind the concept of their love of men through the use of charities, such as the Clinton, Biden, Gates, and Epstein charities. What appears good to men leads to death (Proverbs 14:12). Gate's financial support of WHO has led to many deaths and cover ups with respect to covid, and apparently, there will be many more hardships for the poor due to his support of WEF. All based on the goodness of the hearts of men

Proverbs 14:12 NASB1995
There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you get paid by the word?
No, I do this as a freewill offering, if you choose to avail yourself of reading them.

The "love" of today is the love based on the twisted hearts of men, such as letting looters take whatever they want unless it is more than $1000, or as long as it doesn't infringe on yourself.
You didn't read a word I typed in that post, did you?

Nor did you answer any of these questions directly. I know your answers to them already. They would be like these:

1. Yes, you believe God's love is earned, and is conditional upon your performance.

2. Yes, in your upbringing you did not experience unconditional love at home. It was conditional love for you. (You would answer that question in the affirmative if you had, which you did not).

3. Yes, you believe God will damn you and cast you out if you don't go to church on Saturday, and go another day instead, because God does not tolerate disobedience. He uses the belt on his children who don't listen to him. You have good reason to fear God. You don't want that belt, right?

4. Yes, you believe only those who believe like you are saved, because you have to because if you're wrong, God will reject you because that is just the way God is.​

If you think I answered those for you incorrectly, then please share your own answers to the contrary.

Please read my posts. The many words have much meaning, if you read them.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If one is born of God, then they experience the love of God
Have you experienced the love of God? Can you describe what that experience was like for you? How did it make you feel? What was your response to it? How did it affect you, in what ways?

pearl

Your apparent "salvation" and understanding seems to be built upon some unknown author, who seems to be an associate of the false prophet Paul, who is generally assumed to be Luke, who in Luke 1:1-3, says he witness nothing.

The Gospel according to Luke is the only one of the synoptic gospels to begin with a literary prologue. Making use of a formal, literary construction and vocabulary, the author writes the prologue in imitation of Hellenistic Greek writers and, in so doing, relates his story about Jesus to contemporaneous Greek and Roman literature. Luke is not only interested in the words and deeds of Jesus, but also in the larger context of the birth, ministry, death, and resurrection of Jesus as the fulfillment of the promises of God in the Old Testament. As a second or third generation Christian, Luke acknowledges his debt to earlier eyewitnesses and ministers of the word but claims that his contribution to this developing tradition is a complete and accurate account, told in an orderly manner, and intended to provide Theophilus (“friend of God,” literally) and other readers with certainty about earlier teachings they have received.

Where do you get the ridiculous idea that Paul is Luke?

2ndpillar

The Gospel according to Luke is the only one of the synoptic gospels to begin with a literary prologue. Making use of a formal, literary construction and vocabulary, the author writes the prologue in imitation of Hellenistic Greek writers and, in so doing, relates his story about Jesus to contemporaneous Greek and Roman literature. Luke is not only interested in the words and deeds of Jesus, but also in the larger context of the birth, ministry, death, and resurrection of Jesus as the fulfillment of the promises of God in the Old Testament. As a second or third generation Christian, Luke acknowledges his debt to earlier eyewitnesses and ministers of the word but claims that his contribution to this developing tradition is a complete and accurate account, told in an orderly manner, and intended to provide Theophilus (“friend of God,” literally) and other readers with certainty about earlier teachings they have received.

Where do you get the ridiculous idea that Paul is Luke?

The assumption was that Luke was the unspecified author of Acts, of which the Gentile church builds their "house", which is doomed to "fall" (Matthew 7:27). The next often assumed presumption was that Luke was an "associate of Paul, and part of the story was taken from Paul's account of his "wilderness" experience, which no one saw or heard apart from Paul. The author of Luke can "claim" whatever he wants, but every matter requires at least two or three witnesses (Matthew 18:16) according to Yeshua, to be confirmed. As you build your house on the story written by someone trying to imitate "Hellenistic Greek", well your imitator has no standing apart from being embraced by the Roman Catholic Church in their NT canon, which was codified in an Easter pagan festival letter in the year 367 A.D. by the bishop of Alexandria. Keep in mind that the Roman church is but a "harlot" "daughter" of Babylon the Great, who sits on the "beast" (Rome), and whose "authority" comes from the "dragon" (Revelation 13 & 17).

2ndpillar

Have you experienced the love of God? Can you describe what that experience was like for you? How did it make you feel? What was your response to it? How did it affect you, in what ways?

The "love of God" includes the love of the "Word", and not making the "Word" "obsolete" or passing away. It is the "woke" culture who embrace their love of men, in the act of destroying men, women and children, under the umbrella of them knowing the difference between right (righteousness) and wrong (wickedness), which by their actions show them to be shallow vessels of no understanding or wisdom. Wisdom come from the "fear of God" (Proverbs 9:10). Making the "Word" "obsolete" negates "understanding" and thinking that God died for you negates "wisdom". The "judgment" (day of the LORD) is coming, and not believing that God is one, is not a wise move. Even the "demons" know better. (James 2:19). Like the "woke" you live by way of your "feelings" and in return, the "woke" will suffer "destruction" (Proverbs 14:12).

NASB 1977
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.

2ndpillar

So there we have it, your posts are nothing more than expressing your anti-Catholicism which blinds you to any truth of Scripture.

Here we have it. Your post links you with the idea that "scripture" is tied to the affirmation of the daughters of Babylon. All the daughters of Babylon, including the Protestant church are all in for a rude awakening per Matthew 13:30. If they knew the thief was on the way, they might have locked their doors (Matthew 24:43). As it is, those that heed the message of God, will surely "shut their doors" to the coming wrath (Isaiah 26:20).

New American Standard Bible Isaiah 26:20
Come, my people, enter your rooms And close your doors behind you; Hide for a little while Until indignation runs its course.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: As posted earlier you did not post a single scripture that says Sunday or the first day of the week is "the Lords day" of Revelation 1:10
Your response here...
You are confusing the 'Lord's Day' with the final judgement, Paul refers to the 'Lord's Day' as Lord of the Church founded on Jesus.
If you want to know what I believe feel free to ask. I do not believe Revelation 1:10 is a reference to the final judgement. As posted earlier there is no scripture that says Sunday or the first day of the week is "the Lords day" is there. The teaching of Sunday being "the Lord's day" is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God. Sunday worship as a replacement for Gods 4th commandment is a man-made teaching and tradition is a man-made teaching and tradition that has lad many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9. The question and test that will be coming to everyone of us is who do we believe and follow; God or man?

nPeace

Veteran Member
Your question was indeed answered in post # 338 linked in the very scripture that is Gods 4th commandment. You just did not like the answer because you are seeking to justify your sin in breaking Gods 4th commandment. The problem with your interpretation of the scriptures above is that your argument against the Sabbath applies not only to Gods 4th commandment but to every one of Gods 10 commandments. You do not believe that all of Gods 10 commandments are now abolished do you @nPeace? Think your argument through. In your quest for trying to justify your sins of breaking Gods 4th commandment your interpretation of the scriptures is leading you to disregard all of Gods 10 commandment of which Gods 4th commandment is only one of ten. This again is a teaching of lawlessness that is not supported by the scriptures and a doctrine of the devil who teaches lawlessness.
I did not read, in that verse... "Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day".
You did not read that either 3rdAngel.

Could we just deal with scriptures and let the scriptures do the talking.
Let the Bible answer. Don't you think that will give us the correct answer?

I don't remember interpreting anything. What did I interpret... Could you point that out please?

When God rested on the seventh day, and made that day holy, it was no a 24 hour day, was it?
God did not require the Egyptians, nor the Canaanites... nor any other nation to keep the Sabbath day holy.

Did you notice that none of those scriptures you quoted actually said that God commanded people to keep a Sabbath day, because he rested on that day?
It was only Israel. He told them why they should keep Sabbaths.

Deuteronomy 5:1-3
Moses then summoned all Israel and said to them: “Hear, O Israel, the regulations and the judicial decisions that I am announcing to you today, and you must learn them and carefully observe them. Jehovah our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. It was not with our forefathers that Jehovah made this covenant, but with us, all of us alive here today.

He did not tell us 3rdAngel. You are not of the nation of Israel, and even if you were, that would not matter, right, because God's people in the new covenant, with the mediator, Christ Jesus, are neither Jew nor Gentile.
The Gentile would not even be a part of the covenant, if the covenant with the Jews was still binding.

I was hoping we could consider the scripture reasonably, and with a cool head. You just did not like the answer because you are seeking to justify your sin in breaking Gods 4th commandment.
Can we look at this with a cool head.
Or, maybe you are cool, and I am exaggerating.

You asked a question.
You do not believe that all of Gods 10 commandments are now abolished do you?
Why the ten? What about the rest? The Israelites were not given just ten commandments. Why do you obey only ten? Are the rest not God''s commandments?

The apostle Paul used an illustration - a beautiful one, imo - in Romans 7. I hope you are not, like @2ndpillar, and believe Paul to be Satan's minister, in opposition to Christ. Lol.

You likely read it, but, I'll still quote it.
I think it's easy to apply the illustration.

Paul used an example of marriage.
...a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is alive; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. So, then, while her husband is living, she would be called an adulteress if she became another man’s. But if her husband dies, she is free from his law, so that she is not an adulteress if she becomes another man’s. Romans 7:2-3

What was the point?
...the Law is master over a man as long as he lives. Romans 7:1
...you also were made dead to the Law through the body of the Christ, that you might become another’s, the one who was raised up from the dead... Romans 7:4
...now we have been released from the Law, because we have died to that which restrained us, in order that we might be slaves in a new sense by the spirit and not in the old sense by the written code. Romans 7:6

Can you explain that please?

What law was Paul referring to?
What, then, are we to say? Is the Law sin? Certainly not! Really, I would not have come to know sin had it not been for the Law. For example, I would not have known covetousness if the Law had not said: “You must not covet." Romans 7:7

I think we can both easily answer that. What law is Paul talking about?

There is a lot Paul said in this one Chapter, but I guess, on a forum like this, it's not possible to go through all these texts, in their entirety.
Paul though makes reference to this same Law, throughout his letters.
For example...
What the Law was incapable of doing because it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and concerning sin, condemning sin in the flesh, Romans 8:3

How beautifully that ties in with Galatians 3:10-14
All those who depend on works of law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not remain in all the things written in the scroll of the Law by doing them.” Moreover, it is evident that by law no one is declared righteous with God, because “the righteous one will live by reason of faith.” Now the Law is not based on faith. Rather, “anyone who does these things will live by means of them.” Christ purchased us, releasing us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse instead of us, because it is written: “Accursed is every man hung upon a stake.” This was so that the blessing of Abraham would come to the nations by means of Christ Jesus, so that we might receive the promised spirit through our faith.

He goes on to give another illustration...
Brothers, I speak using a human illustration: Once a covenant is validated, even if only by a man, no one annuls it or attaches additions to it. Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “and to your descendants,” in the sense of many. Rather, it says, “and to your offspring,” in the sense of one, who is Christ. Further, I say this: The Law, which came into being 430 years later, does not invalidate the covenant previously made by God, so as to abolish the promise. For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has kindly given it to Abraham through a promise.
Why, then, the Law? It was added to make transgressions manifest, until the offspring* should arrive.
Galatians 3:15-19

Can you explain this?
Was the Law able to make anyone righteous?
Could it save anyone from sin, or was a savior needed.
When that savior arrived, which law is master over us, as long as we live... the one that was weak, or the law of the Christ?
What the Law did was show up weaknesses, didn't it. So this helps us understand Paul's talks to the congregations in Rome, Galatia, Ephesus... etc.

Jesus himself said this...
“You heard that it was said to those of ancient times: ‘You must not murder, but whoever commits a murder will be accountable to the court of justice.’ However, I say to you that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; and whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Gehenna." Matthew 5:21-22

The law of the Christ says that if in your heart there is anything bad, you have sinned greatly. You don't have to murder to break God's law.
Can we call the law of the Christ, weak?
Is not the law of Christ superior to the Mosaic Law with its Ten Words?
I am under the Law of Christ. How about you?

The scriptures tell us, God said, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him."
Jesus said, "if you love me, keep my commandments."
The scriptures tell us clearly,
All those who depend on works of law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not remain in all the things written in the scroll of the Law by doing them.” Moreover, it is evident that by law no one is declared righteous with God, because “the righteous one will live by reason of faith.”

Now the Law is not based on faith. Rather, “anyone who does these things will live by means of them.” Christ purchased us, releasing us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse instead of us, because it is written: “Accursed is every man hung upon a stake.” This was so that the blessing of Abraham would come to the nations by means of Christ Jesus, so that we might receive the promised spirit through our faith.
Galatians 3:10-14

There is quite a lot that can be said on this subject, but space probably won't allow.
I hope we can discuss it though... calmly.

2ndpillar

I did not read, in that verse... "Because God made it Holy for mankind and commands us to keep it as a Holy day".
You did not read that either 3rdAngel.

Could we just deal with scriptures and let the scriptures do the talking.
Let the Bible answer. Don't you think that will give us the correct answer?

I don't remember interpreting anything. What did I interpret... Could you point that out please?

When God rested on the seventh day, and made that day holy, it was no a 24 hour day, was it?
God did not require the Egyptians, nor the Canaanites... nor any other nation to keep the Sabbath day holy.

Did you notice that none of those scriptures you quoted actually said that God commanded people to keep a Sabbath day, because he rested on that day?
It was only Israel. He told them why they should keep Sabbaths.

Deuteronomy 5:1-3
Moses then summoned all Israel and said to them: “Hear, O Israel, the regulations and the judicial decisions that I am announcing to you today, and you must learn them and carefully observe them. Jehovah our God made a covenant with us in Horeb. It was not with our forefathers that Jehovah made this covenant, but with us, all of us alive here today.

He did not tell us 3rdAngel. You are not of the nation of Israel, and even if you were, that would not matter, right, because God's people in the new covenant, with the mediator, Christ Jesus, are neither Jew nor Gentile.
The Gentile would not even be a part of the covenant, if the covenant with the Jews was still binding.

I was hoping we could consider the scripture reasonably, and with a cool head. You just did not like the answer because you are seeking to justify your sin in breaking Gods 4th commandment.
Can we look at this with a cool head.
Or, maybe you are cool, and I am exaggerating.

You asked a question.
You do not believe that all of Gods 10 commandments are now abolished do you?
Why the ten? What about the rest? The Israelites were not given just ten commandments. Why do you obey only ten? Are the rest not God''s commandments?

The apostle Paul used an illustration - a beautiful one, imo - in Romans 7. I hope you are not, like @2ndpillar, and believe Paul to be Satan's minister, in opposition to Christ. Lol.

You likely read it, but, I'll still quote it.
I think it's easy to apply the illustration.

Paul used an example of marriage.
...a married woman is bound by law to her husband while he is alive; but if her husband dies, she is released from the law of her husband. So, then, while her husband is living, she would be called an adulteress if she became another man’s. But if her husband dies, she is free from his law, so that she is not an adulteress if she becomes another man’s. Romans 7:2-3

What was the point?
...the Law is master over a man as long as he lives. Romans 7:1
...you also were made dead to the Law through the body of the Christ, that you might become another’s, the one who was raised up from the dead... Romans 7:4
...now we have been released from the Law, because we have died to that which restrained us, in order that we might be slaves in a new sense by the spirit and not in the old sense by the written code. Romans 7:6

Can you explain that please?

What law was Paul referring to?
What, then, are we to say? Is the Law sin? Certainly not! Really, I would not have come to know sin had it not been for the Law. For example, I would not have known covetousness if the Law had not said: “You must not covet." Romans 7:7

I think we can both easily answer that. What law is Paul talking about?

There is a lot Paul said in this one Chapter, but I guess, on a forum like this, it's not possible to go through all these texts, in their entirety.
Paul though makes reference to this same Law, throughout his letters.
For example...
What the Law was incapable of doing because it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and concerning sin, condemning sin in the flesh, Romans 8:3

How beautifully that ties in with Galatians 3:10-14
All those who depend on works of law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not remain in all the things written in the scroll of the Law by doing them.” Moreover, it is evident that by law no one is declared righteous with God, because “the righteous one will live by reason of faith.” Now the Law is not based on faith. Rather, “anyone who does these things will live by means of them.” Christ purchased us, releasing us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse instead of us, because it is written: “Accursed is every man hung upon a stake.” This was so that the blessing of Abraham would come to the nations by means of Christ Jesus, so that we might receive the promised spirit through our faith.

He goes on to give another illustration...
Brothers, I speak using a human illustration: Once a covenant is validated, even if only by a man, no one annuls it or attaches additions to it. Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and to his offspring. It does not say, “and to your descendants,” in the sense of many. Rather, it says, “and to your offspring,” in the sense of one, who is Christ. Further, I say this: The Law, which came into being 430 years later, does not invalidate the covenant previously made by God, so as to abolish the promise. For if the inheritance is based on law, it is no longer based on a promise; but God has kindly given it to Abraham through a promise.
Why, then, the Law? It was added to make transgressions manifest, until the offspring* should arrive.
Galatians 3:15-19

Can you explain this?
Was the Law able to make anyone righteous?
Could it save anyone from sin, or was a savior needed.
When that savior arrived, which law is master over us, as long as we live... the one that was weak, or the law of the Christ?
What the Law did was show up weaknesses, didn't it. So this helps us understand Paul's talks to the congregations in Rome, Galatia, Ephesus... etc.

Jesus himself said this...
“You heard that it was said to those of ancient times: ‘You must not murder, but whoever commits a murder will be accountable to the court of justice.’ However, I say to you that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; and whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Gehenna." Matthew 5:21-22

The law of the Christ says that if in your heart there is anything bad, you have sinned greatly. You don't have to murder to break God's law.
Can we call the law of the Christ, weak?
Is not the law of Christ superior to the Mosaic Law with its Ten Words?
I am under the Law of Christ. How about you?

The scriptures tell us, God said, "This is my beloved son. Listen to him."
Jesus said, "if you love me, keep my commandments."
The scriptures tell us clearly,
All those who depend on works of law are under a curse, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not remain in all the things written in the scroll of the Law by doing them.” Moreover, it is evident that by law no one is declared righteous with God, because “the righteous one will live by reason of faith.”

Now the Law is not based on faith. Rather, “anyone who does these things will live by means of them.” Christ purchased us, releasing us from the curse of the Law by becoming a curse instead of us, because it is written: “Accursed is every man hung upon a stake.” This was so that the blessing of Abraham would come to the nations by means of Christ Jesus, so that we might receive the promised spirit through our faith.
Galatians 3:10-14

There is quite a lot that can be said on this subject, but space probably won't allow.
I hope we can discuss it though... calmly.

Your argument seems to rely mostly on the testimony of the false prophet Paul, the "tare" "seed", the message of the "enemy", of Matthew 13:25, which would be meted out to "those who dwell on the earth" who have been "deceived" (Revelation 13:11-14) by the "beast with two horns like a lamb", that being the Roman emperor (7th head of the beast of Revelation 17) Constantine, along with his two "horns like a lamb" (Revelation 13:11), Christ like leaders, Peter (Zechariah 11:16-17), who would not feed, care, or tend the sheep, and Paul, the "shepherd" who would be called "Favor", because of his false gospel of grace, and his intention to negate the covenant of Circumcision made with Abraham (father of peoples), who was the father of nations (Zechariah 11:10). It was the LORD who chose all three of the shepherds of Zechariah 11, which included Judas Iscariot (Zechariah 11:12-13) as noted in Matthew 27:9-10. As for Romans 7, Paul remained a slave of sin with regards to his flesh per Romans 7:25, and he practiced the "very evil that I do not wish to do" (Romans 7:19). That appears to continue today with the members of his Gentile church, as they do what they do not wish to do, because they believe "I am not the one doing it but the evil that dwells in me" (Romans 7:17). That should tell you why the term Pharisee is linked to the term hypocrites. If you read the law, it reads one is cursed if they are hung on a tree into the night, which was not the case with Yeshua, as he was lowered before sundown. It was Peter who supposedly, according to tradition, was hung on a tree into the night, and Paul who was supposedly garroted by Nero, probably in the night. A garrot is a string tied at the end of two pieces of a tree. As for the Commandment of the day of rest, God created all of mankind, and according to Ecclesiastes 12;13, "His Commandments apply to every person", and if the foreigner wants to worship on God's mountain, they have keep God's Sabbath. (Isaiah 56:6).

NASB 1977 Isaiah 56:6
“Also the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, To minister to Him, and to love the name of the LORD, To be His servants, every one who keeps from profaning the sabbath, And holds fast My covenant;

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The "love of God" includes the love of the "Word", and not making the "Word" "obsolete" or passing away.
I asked you this question, "Have you experienced the love of God? Can you describe what that experience was like for you? How did it make you feel? What was your response to it? How did it affect you, in what ways?"

The above does not answer one single thing I just asked you. You had said to me, "If one is born of God, then they experience the love of God". So I asked you about what experience you have had. You did not respond with an answer. Therefore, I will conclude by your silence that you in fact have no experience of the love of God yourself personally, up to this point.

Since you yourself personally have not experienced the love of God, then how do you know that you are born of God, as that verse you quoted directly saying if you are, you will experience the love of God. If you have not had the experience of the love of God yet, then why are you telling us about something you have no experience with, and take issue with those who do?

All the rest of your post is just your angry rants and lashing out about sinners and woke culture, and has nothing whatsoever to do with the love of God, nor does it answer any of my questions to you. All this is you simply avoiding answering, which is itself clearing answering the question by silence.

Let's talk about your personal experience, other than the anger you show in all of your posts against others. Let's talk about love instead.

2ndpillar

I asked you this question, "Have you experienced the love of God? Can you describe what that experience was like for you? How did it make you feel? What was your response to it? How did it affect you, in what wa

I would have to guess for the "Progressives", it is like when Obama got elected, and they had a tingling go down their legs They were inflamed, yet it only marked the beginning of the end, with of course, Biden ushering in the end of the end.

If you cannot understand the parables of the kingdom of heaven via Matthew 13, how do you think you will understand my modern-day parables, with regard to the sign of the times (Matthew 24:33)? The sign of the times with regards to now, is that the "unclean spirits" of the "false prophet" and the "beast", "demon" spirits, have taken over the leaders (Revelation 16:13).