• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I think like a Christian and know enough of the Bible.

Well not all Christians think alike :) Some take the Bible quite literally, and others assume that claims in the Bible should often be taken as metaphors, or other not-literal ways.

So we still don't know what YOU think :(

For example, as my tagline says, I'm a secular humanist. What I think is that humans can solve their own problems without the need for a supernatural god's help. You might not agree with me, but at least you know exactly where I stand :)

Apostle John

“Go ahead, look up Revelation 6”
The correct answer is homosapien. Or "human" to use the common term. However, you should know that humans are a primate species.

Humans (Homo sapiens) are the most abundant and widespread species of primate. They are a type of great ape that is characterized by bipedalism and exceptional cognitive skills due to a large and complex brain.

Human - Wikipedia
God created humans from the primate family as a type of a great ape, that is "characterized by bipedalism and exceptional cognitive skills". There is no religious reason for you to deny science.
This is worth answering. Do you have a rational explanation why the science and labels you wholeheartedly believe in has the human age at 500,000 years but that they only learned to write 4,500 years ago. Your science doesn’t add up, it makes no sense.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is worth answering. Do you have a rational explanation why the science and labels you wholeheartedly believe in has the human age at 500,000 years but that they only learned to write 4,500 years ago. Your science doesn’t add up, it makes no sense.
Why do you think that man would have invented writing sooner?

Apostle John

What about them? You are not making a rational argument.

You are making emotional arguments.
Aren’t you in touch with your friends. Those 4 horses of the apocalypse, don’t they have a rational explanation? The dates have just got to be right by your argument.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Aren’t you in touch with your friends. Those 4 horses of the apocalypse, don’t they have a rational explanation? The dates have just got to be right by your argument.
No, the dates are supported by the evidence. Do you realize that one does not have to be an atheist to accept reality? Most Christians accept the fact of evolution,

Apostle John

Here’s where I have to leave again. Keep looking at those figures. Do the math. And keep mulling over in your mind where substance comes from and how it can magically form consciousness.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Here’s where I have to leave again. Keep looking at those figures. Do the math. And keep mulling over in your mind where substance comes from and how it can magically form consciousness.
We are only slightly more "conscious" than other apes. A larger brain will do that, no magic required. And why "mull over the numbers"? You presented no argument. You r[resented no evidence.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
You sound a bit more reasonable than most creationists. Unfortunately your terminology is incorrect. What you describe is not a theory. It does not even appear to be a hypothesis. What reasonable test based upon predictions of your model could possibly refute it? If you cannot answer that question then you only have a WAG. That is a Wild Assed
Guess.
I’m not sure I’m understanding you. Which part of what I said are you referring to.

If it’s the bit I’m brackets then I did say it was a theory.

However, I’m just passing through this thread as I’ve already says what I wanted to say in past post debates with 3rdAngel.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Rest? I think it's the day we have to go to church. What rest?
Rest from one's own works.
Remember: besides the first Ten Commandments there is a number 11,12,13,14,15 all the way up to 613.
ALL of the 613 Mosaic Laws came to and end with Christ fulfilling the Law - Romans 10:4; Romans 7:6
Jesus did just as he said he would do at Matthew 5:17 and did at Ephesians 2:15
Constantine (Not Scripture) set up Sunday as a rest day because of the farmers.
The old Constitution of the Mosaic Law was taken out of the way according to Colossians 2:14
Christ released us from the Law - Galatians 3:13 - that former convenant - Hebrews 9:15
Jesus replaced that old with his NEW commandment found at John 13:34-35.

syo

Rest from one's own works.
Remember: besides the first Ten Commandments there is a number 11,12,13,14,15 all the way up to 613.
ALL of the 613 Mosaic Laws came to and end with Christ fulfilling the Law - Romans 10:4; Romans 7:6
Jesus did just as he said he would do at Matthew 5:17 and did at Ephesians 2:15
Constantine (Not Scripture) set up Sunday as a rest day because of the farmers.
The old Constitution of the Mosaic Law was taken out of the way according to Colossians 2:14
Christ released us from the Law - Galatians 3:13 - that former convenant - Hebrews 9:15
Jesus replaced that old with his NEW commandment found at John 13:34-35.
In greece sunday belongs to church. people dont work because they are supposed to be at church. saturday is for rest.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
.........For example, as my tagline says, I'm a secular humanist. What I think is that humans can solve their own problems without the need for a supernatural god's help.
You might not agree with me, but at least you know exactly where I stand :)
First, to me all the genuine ' wheat' Christians think alike. It is the fake 'weed/tares' who do Not think alike.
A lot of people say humans can solve their own problems often citing modern technology as the answer.
But man's technology often is a two-edged sword: Atomic Energy (as good) and Atomic Bomb (as bad)
Man's figurative heart is imperfect and is a traitor within us.
The heart urges us to do something, and after we do it the heart gives us all the reasons why we should not have done what we did in the first place.:)

2ndpillar

In greece sunday belongs to church. people dont work because they are supposed to be at church. saturday is for rest.

Why do they go to church on Sunday, the day of the sun (the day of Sol Invictus)? How long to church services last in Greece? Why do they rest on Saturday, the day of Saturn?

syo

Why do they go to church on Sunday, the day of the sun (the day of Sol Invictus)? How long to church services last in Greece? Why do they rest on Saturday, the day of Saturn?
In Greek language saturday is called Savato (Sabbath) and the state workers don't work. Sunday is called Kyriaki (Lord's day) and priests are expecting people to go to church.