• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHERE IS THE SCRIPTURE THAT SAYS GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT IS ABOLISHED?

3rdAngel

The Sabbath commandment has not been abolished. It is a remembrance of God’s rest from His creation work and covenant sign between God and the Israelites forever…
Hey InChrist nice to see you. I agree with your above statement here but would like to expand on it a little further. You are correct, Gods 4th commandment is an everlasting covenant with God's people forever (see Exodus 31:16). In fact according to the scriptures, Gods people will continue to keep Gods 4th commandment after the second coming into the new heavens and the new earth (see Isaiah 66:22-23). According to the scriptures God's Israel in the new covenant is no longer all those born of the flesh of the seen of Abraham but are now all those who have been born again into Gods new covenant promise to walk in Gods' Spirit by believing and following what Gods Word says (see John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:4-9; Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:29-29; Galatians 3:28-29). So if you are not a part of Gods Israel in the new covenant you have no part in Gods new covenant promise which is only given to Gods' Israel who are defined in the scriptures as all those who through faith believe and obey what Gods Word says. Gentile believers are now grafted in with Jewish believers and we are all now one in Christ (see Ephesians 2:11-14; Colossians 3:11; Romans 10:11-13; Jeremiah 31:31-34l; Hebrews 8:10-12 compare Romans 11:13-26).
You will notice that all the Ten Commandments are reiterated in the NT scriptures, except the 4th concerning worship on the 7th day Sabbath. Rather, the Christians of the early church are shown to gather on the first day of the week ( Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2 ), the day Jesus rose from the dead providing victory over death and the old creation and opening new eternal life for all who trust His finished work.
Actually none of this section in yous post is true at all but let me provide the scriptures proving why I say this. According to the scriptures in the new covenant everyone of God's 10 commandments are reiterated in the new covenant as the standard of Christian living. Not only is each commandment reiterated but each of Gods 10 commandments are also collectively referred to as the Law of God and is spoken of all through the new testament scriptures in the writing of Jesus and the Apostles as being the standard of sin and of righteousness and of the judgement to come. Gods 4th commandment is one of Gods 10 commandments according to the new covenant scriptures that give us the knowledge of what sin is according to Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 and according to James in James 2:10-11 if we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin (1 John 3:4) and breaking all of Gods law.

ALL OF GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS REITERATED IN THE NEW COVENANT

1. You shall have no other gods before Me.
It is written: You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve. (Luke 4:8; Matthew 4:10; Revelation 14:7)

2. You must not make for yourself a carved image, a likeness of anything in heaven, on earth, or under the sea. God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:24; Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9; Ephesians 5:5; 1 Peter 4:3; 1 John 5:21; Revelation 2:14)

3. You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain.
(1 Timothy 6:1, James 2:7)

4. Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. – Binding on all Christians today -Hebrews 4:9
The Sabbath [seventh day] was made for man, not man for the Sabbath, so the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath. (Mark 2:27-28, Hebrews 4; Matthew 12:8; Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; Matthew 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; 1; (After the death of Jesus) Matthew 24:20; Matthew 28:1; Acts of the Apostles 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Hebrews 4:1-5; 9-11; Revelation 1:10 (see Matthew 12:8)

5. Honor your father and mother.
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. (Ephesians 6:1; Colossians 3:20; Matthew 15:4; Matthew 19:19)

6. You shall not murder.
I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:44-45; Matt. 5:21-26; Romans 13:9; 1 Timothy 1:9; 1 John 3:15; James 2:11; Matthew 19:18)

7 You shall not commit adultery.
I say to you whoever even looks at another in lust has already committed adultery in their heart. (Matthew 5:28, 1 Cor. 5:11, 1 Cor. 6:18, Galatians 5:19, Hebrews 13:4, James 2:11, Matthew 19:19, Romans 13:9)

8. You shall not steal.
Neither thieves, the greedy, or drunkards and robbers will inherit the Kingdom. (1 Corinthians 6:10, Romans 2:21, Mark 7:21, Ephesians 4:28, Romans 13:9, Matthew 19:18)

9. You shall not bear false witness.
For by your words, you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned. (Matthew 15:19, Ephesians 4:25, Col. 3:9; Matthew 19:18, Romans 13:9)

10. You shall not covet your neighbors possessions.
Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist of the things he possesses. (Luke 12:15, Romans 7:7, Ephesians 5:3, 1 Timothy 6:10, Hebrews 13:5, Romans 13:9)
Hope this is helpful.

Take Care

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Not abolished, fulfilled in the year of Jubilee where every day is a Sabbath day. Jesus is the Lord over the Sabbaoth
Hi Kenny, there is no scripture that says that every day is a Sabbath or that Gods law is now fulfilled so that we do not have to obey it (see Matthew 5:17). Exodus 20:10 says that "the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God". Disobedience to Gods law according to the scriptures is sin (see Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) and according to James in James 2:10-11 if we break any one of Gods 10 commandments including Gods seventh day Sabbath we stand guilty before God of sin and breaking all of Gods laws. I agree with you that Jesus is Lord of the Sabbath. He is our creator and made the Sabbath for all mankind (Mark 2:27-28). Sunday worship on the other hand as a replacement for Gods 4th commandment is a man-made teaching and tradition that has led many away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus in Matthew 15:3-9.

God bless

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
The OP is discussing what the scriptures say. Not what our opinions might be.

I get that, and I'm not going to be able to help you there. However, I would like to say that, well, what makes the Sabbath day holy to begin with?

During the Sabbath, you aren't supposed to work, you are supposed to attend church or synagogue and you are supposed to pray. That's what makes it important to begin with.

Many people already don't work on Saturday, attend service on Saturday and pray on Saturday too.

I don't understand the point of this thread. Are you trying to change every Christian who attends service on Sunday's mind and force them to change their schedules to Saturday instead to avoid contradiction? @InChrist already provided an excellent answer to your inquiry about this.

If I were Christian I'd keep both Saturday and Sunday both holy days, as the Messianics, say, Saturday is Sabbath and Sunday is Lord's Day, so I don't fully disagree with your argument, but it just appears to me that you are forcing your opinion like it's the only one that matters. Let bygones be bygones and if people want to pray on whatever day we should be glad they actually believe in something.

I get it, you want a scriptural account to your arguments, this is why it is in the Scriptural Debate forum. But many people use more than just the Bible to account for their faith.

3rdAngel

I get that, and I'm not going to be able to help you there. However, I would like to say that, well, what makes the Sabbath day holy to begin with?

During the Sabbath, you aren't supposed to work, you are supposed to attend church or synagogue and you are supposed to pray. That's what makes it important to begin with.

Many people already don't work on Saturday, attend service on Saturday and pray on Saturday too.

I don't understand the point of this thread. Are you trying to change every Christian who attends service on Sunday's mind and force them to change their schedules to Saturday instead to avoid contradiction? @InChrist already provided an excellent answer to your inquiry about this.

If I were Christian I'd keep both Saturday and Sunday both holy days, as the Messianics, say, Saturday is Sabbath and Sunday is Lord's Day, so I don't fully disagree with your argument, but it just appears to me that you are forcing your opinion like it's the only one that matters. Let bygones be bygones and if people want to pray on whatever day we should be glad they actually believe in something.

I get it, you want a scriptural account to your arguments, this is why it is in the Scriptural Debate forum. But many people use more than just the Bible to account for their faith.

The point of this thread and this OP is that most of us as Christians have been deceived into following man-made teachings and traditions that are not supported by the scriptures that have led us away from God and His Word to break the commandments of God against the very warnings of Jesus given in Matthew 15:2-9. Jesus says he has people in many Church's living up to all the light of Gods Word he has revealed to them and they shall hear His voice (the Word of God); and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd in John 10:16 and again in John 4:23-24 "the hour comes, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." God is calling us all out from following man-made teachings and traditions that lead us away from His Word to break the commandments of God back to worship Him in Spirit and in truth according to what His Word says *see John 17:17 and John 6:63. According to the scripture the scriptures are the only rule of faith, that is what is true and what is not true (Romans 10:17; John 17:17; Romans 3:4). Nothing else matters.

Take Care.

3rdAngel

See post # 41 linked proving from the scriptures why what @InChrist posted was not true.
If I were Christian I'd keep both Saturday and Sunday both holy days, as the Messianics, say, Saturday is Sabbath and Sunday is Lord's Day, so I don't fully disagree with your argument, but it just appears to me that you are forcing your opinion like it's the only one that matters. Let bygones be bygones and if people want to pray on whatever day we should be glad they actually believe in something. I get it, you want a scriptural account to your arguments, this is why it is in the Scriptural Debate forum. But many people use more than just the Bible to account for their faith.
Sunday is not the Lords day linked according to the scriptures.

Take Care.

InChrist

Free4ever
Hey InChrist nice to see you. I agree with your above statement here but would like to expand on it a little further. You are correct, Gods 4th commandment is an everlasting covenant with God's people forever (see Exodus 31:16). In fact according to the scriptures, Gods people will continue to keep Gods 4th commandment after the second coming into the new heavens and the new earth (see Isaiah 66:22-23). According to the scriptures God's Israel in the new covenant is no longer all those born of the flesh of the seen of Abraham but are now all those who have been born again into Gods new covenant promise to walk in Gods' Spirit by believing and following what Gods Word says (see John 3:3-7; 1 John 3:4-9; Romans 9:6-8; Romans 2:29-29; Galatians 3:28-29). So if you are not a part of Gods Israel in the new covenant you have no part in Gods new covenant promise which is only given to Gods' Israel who are defined in the scriptures as all those who through faith believe and obey what Gods Word says. Gentile believers are now grafted in with Jewish believers and we are all now one in Christ (see Ephesians 2:11-14; Colossians 3:11; Romans 10:11-13; Jeremiah 31:31-34l; Hebrews 8:10-12 compare Romans 11:13-26).

Actually none of this section in yous post is true at all but let me provide the scriptures proving why I say this. According to the scriptures in the new covenant everyone of God's 10 commandments are reiterated in the new covenant as the standard of Christian living. Not only is each commandment repeated but it is also collectively referred to as the Law of God and is spoken of all through the new testament scriptures in the writing of Jesus and the Apostles as being the standard of sin and of righteousness and of the judgement to come. Gods 4th commandment is one of Gods 10 commandments according to the new covenant scriptures that give us the knowledge of what sin is according to Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7 and 1 John 3:4 and according to James in James 2:10-11 if we break anyone of them we stand guilty before God of sin (1 John 3:4) and breaking all of Gods law.

ALL OF GOD'S 10 COMMANDMENTS REITERATED IN THE NEW COVENANT

1 You shall have no other gods before Me.
It is written: You shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve. (Luke 4:8; Matthew 4:10; Revelation 14:7)

2 You must not make for yourself a carved image, a likeness of anything in heaven, on earth, or under the sea. God is Spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:24; Acts 15:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9; Ephesians 5:5; 1 Peter 4:3; 1 John 5:21; Revelation 2:14)

3 You shall not take the Name of the Lord your God in vain.
(1 Timothy 6:1, James 2:7)

4 Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. – Binding on all Christians today -Hebrews 4:9
The Sabbath [seventh day] was made for man, not man for the Sabbath, so the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath. (Mark 2:27-28, Hebrews 4; Matthew 12:8; Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; Matthew 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; 1; (After the death of Jesus) Matthew 24:20; Matthew 28:1; Acts of the Apostles 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Hebrews 4:1-5; 9-11; Revelation 1:10 (see Matthew 12:8)

5 Honor your father and mother.
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. (Ephesians 6:1; Colossians 3:20; Matthew 15:4; Matthew 19:19)

6 You shall not murder.
I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:44-45; Matt. 5:21-26; Romans 13:9; 1 Timothy 1:9; 1 John 3:15; James 2:11; Matthew 19:18)

7 You shall not commit adultery.
I say to you whoever even looks at another in lust has already committed adultery in their heart. (Matthew 5:28, 1 Cor. 5:11, 1 Cor. 6:18, Galatians 5:19, Hebrews 13:4, James 2:11, Matthew 19:19, Romans 13:9)

8 You shall not steal.
Neither thieves, the greedy, or drunkards and robbers will inherit the Kingdom. (1 Corinthians 6:10, Romans 2:21, Mark 7:21, Ephesians 4:28, Romans 13:9, Matthew 19:18)

9 You shall not bear false witness.
For by your words, you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned. (Matthew 15:19, Ephesians 4:25, Col. 3:9; Matthew 19:18, Romans 13:9)

10 You shall not covet your neighbors possessions.
Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one’s life does not consist of the things he possesses. (Luke 12:15, Romans 7:7, Ephesians 5:3, 1 Timothy 6:10, Hebrews 13:5, Romans 13:9)
Hope this is helpful.

Take Care
Thank you for your response.
The Bible clearly makes a distinction between Israel and the church. They are not interchangeable. Jews and Gentiles are only grafted together In the church, as a new creation in Christ during this church age.
Jews, Gentiles, and the Church

The expression “ Israel of God” is used only once in the NT and it refers to Jewish believers in Christ. Paul was making a distinction between those of Israel who are believers in Jesus and follow the Spirit, rather than the Jews who live under the old covenant law. That was the major theme of Galatians.

None of the verses you listed, though they may mention the Sabbath, show any requirement to keep the 7th day Sabbath still in effect for those who are born again and belong to Christ. Of course Jesus kept the Sabbath while here on the earth because He was born a Jew. What the scriptures do show is that the disciples and Apostles went to the synagogues on the Sabbath and used this as an opportunity to share the Gospel and good news concerning freedom from the bondage of sin and the law found in the Savior Jesus Christ.

3rdAngel

Thank you for your response.
The Bible clearly makes a distinction between Israel and the church. They are not interchangeable. Jews and Gentiles are only grafted together In the church, as a new creation in Christ during this church age.

The expression “ Israel of God” is used only once in the NT and it refers to Jewish believers in Christ. Paul was making a distinction between those of Israel who are believers in Jesus and follow the Spirit, rather than the Jews who live under the old covenant law. That was the major theme of Galatians.

None of the verses you listed, though they may mention the Sabbath, show any requirement to keep the 7th day Sabbath still in effect for those who are born again and belong to Christ. Of course Jesus kept the Sabbath while here on the earth because He was born a Jew. What the scriptures do show is that the disciples and Apostles went to the synagogues on the Sabbath and used this as an opportunity to share the Gospel and good news concerning freedom from the bondage of sin and the law found in the Savior Jesus Christ.
Can you please address my post # 41 linked to you and the scriptures provided to you that are in disagreement with you. There is nothing you have posted here that addresses anything in the scriptures and the post that is in disagreement with you here. Accept you say you disagree without addressing anything in the post you are responding to that is scripture in disagreement with you. They are scripture therefore Gods Words in disagreement with your words that are not Gods Word. If you can address my posts and scriptures shared with you it would be greatly appreciated and lead to a good discussion.

Your also not correct in your posts claims that none of the scripture provided talk about keeping the Sabbath. That is also not truthful.

Hebrews 4:9 Therefore it remains (left behind) for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

JESUS AND THE APOSTLES TAUGHT AND OBEYED THE SABBATH

1. Jesus said is it lawful to do good on the Sabbath day - ( Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)

2. Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind - (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)

3. Jesus is the Lord and creator of the Sabbath and all things in heaven and earth (Mark 2:28; Matthew 12:8; John 1:1-4; 14)

4. If we do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest - (Hebrews 4:1-11)

5. The Sabbath is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we commit sin and are guilty or breaking all - (James 2:8-12)

6. Breaking God's 4th commandment is sin - (1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7; James 2:10-11)

7. God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded in the scriptures - (Exodus 20:8-11; Revelation 14:12; 22:14; Ezekiel 20:20)

8. Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath - (Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Ephesians 5:1-21; 1 Peter 2:20-22)

9. The Apostle and disciples all kept the Sabbath after the death and resurrection of Jesus - (Acts of the Apostles 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10)

10. Jesus taught that God's people would be still keeping the Sabbath well after the death and resurrection - (Matthew 24:20; Mark 13:18.)

Many thanks

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
Can you please address my post # 41 linked to you and the scriptures provided to you that are in disagreement with you. There is nothing you have posted here that addresses anything in the scriptures and the post that is in disagreement with you here. Accept you say you disagree without addressing anything in the post you are responding to that is scripture in disagreement with you. They are scripture therefore Gods Words in disagreement with your words that are not Gods Word. If you can address my posts and scriptures shared with you it would be greatly appreciated and lead to a good discussion.

Your also not correct in your posts claims that none of the scripture provided talk about keeping the Sabbath. That is also not truthful.

Hebrews 4:9 Therefore it remains (left behind) for the people of God to keep the Sabbath.

Many thanks
You had a list of well over thirty scripture passages which you related to keeping the Sabbath. There is no way I have time to look up and address that many. If you would like to highlight one or two at a time, I may be able to provide a more in depth response.

3rdAngel

You had a list of well over thirty scripture passages which you related to keeping the Sabbath. There is no way I have time to look up and address that many. If you would like to highlight one or two at a time, I may be able to provide a more in depth response.
I address your post and any one else's post section by section. I think it is important to look at the detail of claims being made. We should not be concerned with doing this as it will only lead to edification and a better understanding of the scriptures in my view. I know one thing for sure. If I was wrong about this topic I would want to know for sure what God wants me to do if disobeying God's Word was leading me into sin. As there are too many scriptures that support what I am sharing with you here, how about we start with the first one in Hebrews 4:9 if you like?

Take Care

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Hey guys
Just wondering where is the scripture that says Gods 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus?
May God bless you as you seek to know Him through His Word.

No Sabbath day since Pentecost because Jesus fulfilled the temporary Mosaic Law - Romans 10:4
I think it was Constantine, Not Scripture, that set up Sunday. Sunday as a rest day for farmers.
Also, Jesus taught to only remember him by his day of death - Jewish calendar month of Nisan the 14th day.
- Luke 22:19

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
........The expression “ Israel of God” is used only once in the NT and it refers to Jewish believers in Christ. Paul was making a distinction between those of Israel who are believers in Jesus and follow the Spirit, rather than the Jews who live under the old covenant law. That was the major theme of Galatians...................

Since Pentecost the "Israel of God" I find is the Christian congregation as a spiritual nation - 1 Peter 2:9,5
Not all who descend from national fleshly Israel are really " Israel " - Romans 9:6; Galatians 6:15-16
Jerusalem 'above' is now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I.... I would want to know for sure what God wants me to do if disobeying God's Word was leading me into sin. As there are too many scriptures that support what I am sharing with you here, how about we start with the first one in Hebrews 4:9 if you like? Take Care

Yes, I too find there is a Sabbath resting for God's people - Hebrews 4:9-11
Those who choose to obey Christ enjoy ' a Sabbath resting from -> their own works ' - Romans 10:4
Tiresome works to having the joy of doing 'spiritual work' as Jesus did - Luke 4:43; Matthew 24:14.
Hebrews chapter 4 shows God's 7th Day ,or Rest Day from His creative works, was still ongoing, thus God's Rest Day is thousands of years long. (side note: all of the 6 creative days are summed up by the word ' day' at Genesis 2:4)
- Hebrews 4:3; Hebrews 4:6; Hebrews 4:10
God's 7th Rest Day will come to end at the end of Jesus' coming thousand-year reign over Earth.
Matthew 12:8; Revelation 20:1-6; Revelation 21:1-4

InChrist

Free4ever
I address your post and any one else's post section by section. I think it is important to look at the detail of claims being made. We should not be concerned with doing this as it will only lead to edification and a better understanding of the scriptures in my view. I know one thing for sure. If I was wrong about this topic I would want to know for sure what God wants me to do if disobeying God's Word was leading me into sin. As there are too many scriptures that support what I am sharing with you here, how about we start with the first one in Hebrews 4:9 if you like?

Take Care
Alright; Hebrews 4:9

Since verse 4 is not in isolation I think it’s important to consider the context of the entire chapter and book. Hebrews, as the title indicates, was written to the Hebrews. The Hebrew believers were those of Israel with a religious background rooted in the OT and the law. Hebrews 4:9 says,
“There remains therefore a rest for the people of God”. Why does it say this? Didn’t the Hebrews already keep the 7th day Sabbath? The answer is, yes they did. The previous verse says,

For if Joshua had given them rest, then He would not afterward have spoken of another day. Hebrews 4:8

So if there already was a rest ( the Sabbath) what is the rest that remains?

The point of Hebrews 4:9 as well as the chapter and entire book of Hebrews is that everything a believer needs, including rest is found only through belief in Christ. The Sabbath was simply a foreshadowing of the final and complete everyday rest in Jesus Christ.

On a side note, a common error concerning the subject of keeping the 7th day Sabbath is the concept that the Sabbath was the day of worship. Some hold that God requires the church service to be held on Saturday, the Sabbath day. But that is not what the Sabbath command was in the OT. The Sabbath command was to do no work on the Sabbath day (Exodus 20:8-11).

InChrist

Free4ever
Since Pentecost the "Israel of God" I find is the Christian congregation as a spiritual nation - 1 Peter 2:9,5
Not all who descend from national fleshly Israel are really " Israel " - Romans 9:6; Galatians 6:15-16
Jerusalem 'above' is now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26
Many hold that perspective of spiritualized Israel, but I don’t see that the scriptures support this idea. You may find the following article interesting…

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Many hold that perspective of spiritualized Israel, but I don’t see that the scriptures support this idea. You may find the following article interesting…..........

I am wondering what are your supporting thoughts about 1 Peter 2:9 and 1 Peter 2:5
Since Pentecost the Israel of God is the Christian congregation as a whole. - Galatians 6:15-16
No longer fleshly-national Israel - Romans 9:6 B.
A spiritual nation without boundaries or borders and Not found located on any map.
Jerusalem ''''above''' is the seat of government - Galatians 4:26 - and Not found on any map.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Hey guys

Just wondering where is the scripture that says Gods 4th commandment seventh day Sabbath has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a holy day of rest in honor of the resurrection of Jesus?

Acts 15 tells me that I do not need to be circumcised and keep the law to be a Christian and you are telling me that if I do not keep the law when I know it, that I cannot be a Christian.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!
Hey guys

Good luck with that. Xians will just point to 'church doctrine' as if that's from G-d.
Even Yeshua's words can't contradict 'church doctrine' it seems. I gave up long ago.

Do you strictly adhere to all 613 commandments found in the Old Testament books as a Christian? If so, why? If not, why not?

Bonus question: Was the sabbath made for man, or was man made for the sabbath?

Even JEWS, who were given them, don't observe all 613 as many are conditional. Require a temple or some other.

Your bonus question is stupid, Shabbat belongs to G-d, man honors it (and G-d) or not.

Sedim Haba

Outa here... bye-bye!

JESUS AND THE APOSTLES TAUGHT AND OBEYED THE SABBATH

1. Jesus said is it lawful to do good on the Sabbath day - ( Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)

2. Jesus made the Sabbath for all mankind - (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)

3. Jesus is the Lord and creator of the Sabbath and all things in heaven and earth (Mark 2:28; Matthew 12:8; John 1:1-4; 14)

4. If we do not believe and follow God you cannot enter His Sabbath rest - (Hebrews 4:1-11)

5. The Sabbath is one of God’s 10 commandments we break it we commit sin and are guilty or breaking all - (James 2:8-12)

6. Breaking God's 4th commandment is sin - (1 John 3:4; Romans 7:7; James 2:10-11)

7. God’s true followers keep it Holy as God commanded in the scriptures - (Exodus 20:8-11; Revelation 14:12; 22:14; Ezekiel 20:20)

8. Jesus is our example and he kept the Sabbath - (Matthew 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matthew 16:24; 1 Corinthians 11:1; Ephesians 5:1-21; 1 Peter 2:20-22)

9. The Apostle and disciples all kept the Sabbath after the death and resurrection of Jesus - (Acts of the Apostles 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Revelation 1:10)

10. Jesus taught that God's people would be still keeping the Sabbath well after the death and resurrection - (Matthew 24:20; Mark 13:18.)

Many thanks

You're really wasting your time & effort. Xians just don't care. Nothing will break the hold of the 'antichrist'. Lost cause.