• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is Satan?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Where is satan? Where do you believe, satan, is? And this is literal, this isn't metaphor. The question is either, satan is real, somewhere, or, doesn't exist.

THE QUESTION ISN'T ABOUT METAPHOR.

74x12

Where is satan? Where do you believe, satan, is? And this is literal, this isn't metaphor. The question is either, satan is real, somewhere, or, doesn't exist.

Most demons have territories. For example there was the "prince of Grecia" and the "prince of persia". (Daniel 10:20) And in Mark 5:9-10 we see the demons did not want to be cast out of the country they were in.

However, with satan himself; it is different. He is prince of this world. (John 14:30) The whole world is his territory.

So, Satan is often on the move. He comes to steal, kill and destroy.

And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Satan is behind Jesus.

Mark 8:33
33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
He is probably managing his carnival theme park in the depths of hell. where all the exciting things people have done can continue to do risk free without torture.

I don't think Satan would follow orders from god and torture the good people sent down there.

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
Only in the ancient manuscripts and pages in the Bible. He hasn't been seen since by any other "accepted and authorized" document.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Satan is behind Jesus.

Mark 8:33
33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.

You're a trip!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
He's here at the Earth. He's always had access, but now he is confined (he and his cronies, i.e., demons) Revelation 12:7-12.
This war already happened, soon after God's Kingdom was established 'in the midst of its enemies.' Psalms 2; Psalms 110

This is one reason the world's in worse shape now than it ever has been!

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
If Satan were indeed cast down here to Earth, then he wouldn't be able to deceive or tempt any human settlers on Mars. This would be a good reason why humanity should strive to transform Mars into a planet where liquid water and life could be sustained. An artificial magnetosphere place at the Mars L1 Lagrange point along with a few billion tonnes of Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) delivered into the Martian atmosphere would increase Martian atmospheric pressure by 200 percent and would increase Martian surface temperatures by 20 degrees Celsius. The near future rocket technology of Spacex's interplanetary transport system (ITS) could deliver a few hundred thousand tonnes each year to Mars at a cost of less than 500 billion dollars. In far less than 10,000 years, Mars then would be able to sustain liquid water and life imported from Earth at its surface. The annual cost of less than $100 for each human living soul is a small price to pay for getting some human beings to escape Satan's temptation and deception here on Earth.

1-nasaproposes.jpg

1*mPYNE8ApyVjSFKErEM2aGg@2x.jpeg

Last edited:

74x12

If Satan were indeed cast down here to Earth, then he wouldn't be able to deceive or tempt any human settlers on Mars. This would be a good reason why humanity should strive to transform Mars into a planet where liquid water and life could be sustained. An artificial magnetosphere place at the Mars L1 Lagrange point along with a few billion tonnes of Sulfur Hexafluoride (SF6) delivered into the Martian atmosphere would increase Martian atmospheric pressure by 200 percent and would increase Martian surface temperatures by 20 degrees Celsius. The near future rocket technology of Spacex's interplanetary transport system (ITS) could deliver a few hundred thousand tonnes each year to Mars at a cost of less than 500 billion dollars. In far less than 10,000 years, Mars then would be able to sustain liquid water and life imported from Earth at its surface. The annual cost of less than $100 for each human living soul is a small price to pay for getting some human beings to escape Satan's temptation and deception here on Earth.
I wish it was that easy. Paul mentions the "cosmic powers" we wrestle against. If any thing it may be worse in outer space. I'm not saying it is, but I don't know.

Ephesians 6:12 English Standard Version (ESV)
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Most demons have territories. For example there was the "prince of Grecia" and the "prince of persia". (Daniel 10:20) And in Mark 5:9-10 we see the demons did not want to be cast out of the country they were in.

However, with satan himself; it is different. He is prince of this world. (John 14:30) The whole world is his territory.

And the Lord said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
I liked your post, but I would state that, although Satan does have the power to kill (Hebrews 2:14 [so God doesn't "take" people; Satan does. He's the "manslayer" -John 8:44]), Satan's main desire is to mislead and confuse -Revelation 12:9. And he is doing a bang-up job!

Dell

Asteroid insurance?
Actually that's incorrect if you mean the human condition today verses past history. Humans are far better off now than any other time in history.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

There is no satan. If you mean not a metaphor as in he is a deity existing with horns and a tail, no he does not exist. If you explain satan as literal and actual not metaphoric force or energy that makes people sin by evidence of temptation, then yes, satan exist.

Actual existence can also manifest itself as a psychological affect (like real depression and real not metaphoric symptoms) so that believers can balance and use this real source as the origin of their temptations, yes it is literal not metaphoric.

I dont know what you mean by metaphors in spirituality. Most of us see these things as very real. How they are in nature and defines doesn't invalidate the reality of its existence and the nature of it not being a metaphor.

Nothing wrong with metaphors. Just once you say that you devalue the actual nature of the thing believed in. So, if you say god is a metaphor, we cant literally experience metaphors. It has to be real literal or abstract in order to exist and experience it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member

What is satan to which or whom these things describe?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
He's here at the Earth. He's always had access, but now he is confined (he and his cronies, i.e., demons) Revelation 12:7-12.
This war already happened, soon after God's Kingdom was established 'in the midst of its enemies.' Psalms 2; Psalms 110

What is he to which these things describe? (What's the noun to the verb and adjective?)

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I wish it was that easy. Paul mentions the "cosmic powers" we wrestle against. If any thing it may be worse in outer space. I'm not saying it is, but I don't know.

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Satan is against any plan to terraform Mars where humans could live, because Satan fears he has no power on Mars.

The cosmic powers over this present darkness could simply be in reference to the effects of radiation in space on the human mind, space suits and shields would protect the Martian colonist minds there against the adverse affects of radiation.

Dell

Asteroid insurance?

1-nasaproposes.jpg

1*mPYNE8ApyVjSFKErEM2aGg@2x.jpeg

Nice try!!! I think the idea is that Satan is in control of the worlds system and naturally using the energy of mans lust. Man would take that system with him and its institution would be established where ever man is.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

In the hearts and minds of the liberated, but of course. :D

Anyway, don't you find your own physical form pretty limiting? It's not something desirable when you can live without it.