• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is LuisDantas

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I had 4 choices ... the river in this city goes to Hudson's Bay. 50 k north or west are tributaries of the mighty Mackenzie. Then 5 hours west across the Great Divide, it goes to the Pacific, at Vancouver. 6 hours south I could go out the Mississippi. Option 5 would be to have a son take the ashes to Mother Ganga.

1 is too European. 2 is too cold, 4 is going through the US, and 5 would put somebody out a lot. So option 3, the Pacific, it is.

You'll go past Hawaii before I do, Vinayaka.

I've had to talk quite severely to my wife, she has always placed the ashes of her beloved pets in to flower pots full of beautiful plants and they surround our garden. I have to put up little brass plaques in their memory.

I told her, Vinayaka...
...... 'I'm not going in to a bloody flower pot! And nor is little Smew. We both want to go in to the sea together; one of us will wait for the other!'
Little Smew is a tiny long-hair dachshund who loves and lives to swim and jump in the waves, even looks like a tiny seal when she's frollicking in the sea. Most miserable when she cannot. I have gleaned the foreshore's fruits since was a kid.

So whichever one of us lingers must remind her ........... :)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Sure, you are welcome. We will meet, somewhere or the other, sometime or the other.
Thinking these thoughts takes me to a place where I can see that nothing matters too much.

Everything will return to what it has been before..... and again...... :8: ............ that is quite calming.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, that is Advaita, free from all dualities of creation and destruction, birth and death, me and you, happiness or sorrow, scholarship or ignorance, heaven and hell, God and men, yesterday and tomorrow, rewards or punishment, and in the end even dharma and adharma. It is 'nirvana'. :)
I think he said he left for good. I'd have to find the thread. It's kind of recent. It was one of the moderators.
I hope he will return before I flow down Mother Yamuna.