• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is God's TRUE CHURCH?

Booko

Deviled Hen
TheTruthWillSetUFree said:
I believe the TRUE CHURCH has to obey God's comandments.And that would have to be a church that REMEMBERS THE SABBATH DAY.the 7th day.And worships and rests on that day.SATURDAY.

Except in France.

A

angellous_evangellous

TheTruthWillSetUFree said:
I believe the TRUE CHURCH has to obey God's comandments.And that would have to be a church that REMEMBERS THE SABBATH DAY.the 7th day.And worships and rests on that day.SATURDAY.

Curious, of course, is the fact that in the New Testament, the Pharisees were continually reminding Jesus of the same thing.:ignore:

During the original christs church was being organized opostles went around town to town setting up the church of christ. An apostle was given authority from christ who got the authority from his father. They used that authority to put in place bishops over an area. It took them many years just to do this. You must understand in those days, if a apostle died than in order to appoint another apostle it would take all the apostles to meet. This was not possible every time because the apostles were being killed so quickly. When a bishop would die in order to appoint a new bishop there would have to be an apostle with the keys and authority given to them in a perfect line traced to God himself. Eventually the apostles all died off, and many of the bishops were confused on what to do. At this time killing a christian became a sport for many. Amazingly enough many christians still flourished. The emperor at the time Constantine who worshiped the God Sol Invictus found that if he made all the Christians citizans than he would be able to tax many of them. He made the bold move to make christianity the official religion. He called together all the thousands of christian Bishops and of course only a few hundered showed up, because of a suspected trap. He asked them to write on paper what they believed, and after many days they had not been able to get anywhere. Frustrated Constantine decided that he himself would listen to them all and decide for himself what they believed. This in some cases was an uproar to many of the bishops. The average christian who did not have any literacy would believe what he was told. This man without a full knowledge of what christians believed diefied christ. The same man who diefied his own father. The true church no longer existed and from the once true church has divided on every issue. Without true authority appoint new prophets, apostles, priests, teachers,and deacons, a church can not run. The only true church that claims to have the restored keys directly from God is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We have the original guidlines that Christ himself set up. In every dispensation there has been gods unbroken line of authority. We claim that God himself, just like every other dispensation, put his power back on the earth.

Booko

Deviled Hen
God's True Church is located here in Atlanta, near my house, at the intersection of Peachtree and Peachtree.

:sarcastic

Maxist

His church brought about the orthadox church. He created the very idea of a divided church. Or.... perhaps.... was it Mark who did so? Mark, afterall, carried His chuch on supposedly. So, was it the creater, or the carrier who did so?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
God's true Church is located wherever God's children are, for it is the people that are the Church.

rrosskopf

LDS High Priest
I know the Catholic church members like to quote that scripture about the Gates of Hell, but there are several translations of that verse which don't suggest that the church would survive. For example, it could be talking about the gospel being taught in hell. This is one of the tenants of the Catholic church, that the gospel was taught in hell. The "gates" didn't keep the gospel out. It is a common misperception that the devil rules hell. He doesn't. That is a left-over of Greek mythology, with Hades being the God of the underworld, or Sheol (hell).

A church is above all a type of religious school. To find out which church does the best job of teaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, we must first know what that gospel was, and where the doctrine leads mankind. God wouldn't interact with us, unless he had some distant goal in mind. We need to know what that goal is, to discover which school will lead us there.

I would like to suggest that the gospel of Jesus Christ isn't just the teachings of Jesus Christ, but specifically those teachings which were at odds with the teachings of the Jews. You see, the Jews relied on the Torah for their salvation, and on sacrifice to cleanse them of their sins. The gospel or good news of Jesus Christ is that he was God's sacrifice, a sacrifice of love, to save the souls of men, and to answer the ends of the law. He didn't abolish the law, but gave the law teeth - the power to save mankind.

1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
(1 John 5)

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
(1 John 2)

psychoslice

Veteran Member
God's true church I believe is right within your heart, it is never found outside in an organized church, that's ugly, you are beautiful, and so is your inner being, find that and all else will take care of itself.

Tbone

Did Christ build one, unified, organized Church? Or is His Church divided? He said, “I will build my church”—not “churches,” “fellowships,” “sects,” “denominations” or “communities of believers.” He promised that the “gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Where is it and how can it be identified? Does anyone have any input on this topic?? Thank you

MOD EDIT: Source found at http://www.thercg.org/books/wigtc.html.

Tbone

Jesus said "a house divided can not stand." He also said that He is "the same yesterday, today and forever."
God's Church must be following in Christ's footsteps, so His Church will be doing the same things He did, starting with keeping God's Laws including observing His Sabbaths and Festivals.