• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is God's TRUE CHURCH?

angellous_evangellous said:
Yes, even the OP was stolen from http://www.thercg.org/books/wigtc.html!

Did Christ build one, unified, organized Church? Or is His Church divided? He said, “I will build my church”—not “churches,” “fellowships,” “sects,” “denominations” or “communities of believers.” He promised that the “gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Where is it and how is it identified?
Where have you been hiding AA.?? I been waiting to here your penny anny bull ****,

Squirt

standing_alone said:
Okay, so how does this go against my claim that the "true" church wouldn't be an actual "physical" or "visible" church, but the faith, belief, and acceptance of Jesus Christ, the scriptures, and Christianity in a person't heart?
I don't think it goes against your claim. I think both the visible and invisible Church are part of the true Church. A person can be a true Christian without having a full knowledge of the Savior's gospel. But a single denomination can't be completely true if some of the doctrines it teaches are false or if its leaders have not been properly ordained to act in God's name.

standing_alone

Squirt said:
I don't think it goes against your claim. I think both the visible and invisible Church are part of the true Church. A person can be a true Christian without having a full knowledge of the Savior's gospel. But a single denomination can't be completely true if some of the doctrines it teaches are false or if its leaders have not been properly ordained to act in God's name.

I think I can agree with that based on a theological standpoint (me being the dirty unbeliever that I am:D ).

Yes, even the OP was stolen from http://www.thercg.org/books/wigtc.html!

Did Christ build one, unified, organized Church? Or is His Church divided? He said, “I will build my church”—not “churches,” “fellowships,” “sects,” “denominations” or “communities of believers.” He promised that the “gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” Where is it and how is it identified?
Where have you been AA? Ive been waiting to hear from you and your penny anny propaganda.When I ask a question,does it matter if someone has asked it beforee??

Squirt

TheTruthWillSetUFree said:
Where have you been hiding AA.?? I been waiting to here your penny anny bull ****,
He's off buying me more beers, which I'll promptly dump into the toilet, just like I did the last ones. :D

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I don't believe that there is any ONE true CHURCH of Christ. I believe that there is ONE BODY of Christ.

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Sorry, but that last statement makes no sense whatsoever. Baptist, Mormons, and Nazarenes, are three different churches, with three different sets of teachings (Mormon theology is especially distinct from the other two). Yet they all would say they follow the teachings of the Bible, yet all of their teachings are not the same, and therefore cannot all be true. So obviously, a subjective standard of "following the Bible correctly" (which really comes down to how a church interprets the Bible) is not a cannot be the only standard for the One, True Church.

I'm saying that a name doesn't mean anything. For example, I attend the Franklin Church of Christ. Located close-by is the Fourth Avenue Church of Christ. Many of their teachings and practices differ greatly from my church. Yet the words "church of christ" is on the sign outside of their building.

Am I making any sense here? It's been a long day.

Squirt

Christiangirl0909 said:
I'm saying that a name doesn't mean anything. For example, I attend the Franklin Church of Christ. Located close-by is the Fourth Avenue Church of Christ. Many of their teachings and practices differ greatly from my church. Yet the words "church of christ" is on the sign outside of their building.
Does the fact that their teachings and practices differ greatly from your Church bother you? Do you think that Jesus Christ would care what people who claimed to be a part of His Church were teaching?

dawny0826 said:
I don't believe that there is any ONE true CHURCH of Christ. I believe that there is ONE BODY of Christ.

The Church is the Body. "I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of the body, which is the church," Colossians 1:24

A

angellous_evangellous

What you have repeatedly done demonstrates beyond doubt that you are purposefully trying to lie and cheat my friends at RF by pretending to have written that which you did not. It demonstrates your complete lack of integrity and credibility and intellectual honesty.

Christiangirl0909 said:

Am I making any sense here? It's been a long day.

That analogy is completely different than your last one, though. BEfore you were comparing three churches with totally different teachings....now you are comparing two churches of the same denomination (which would essentially mean the same teaching), simply with different names, based on location. I was simply pointing out that those three churches cannot all simultaneously be "the True Church" as a whole.

FerventGodSeeker

A

angellous_evangellous

Where have you been AA? Ive been waiting to hear from you and your penny anny propaganda.When I ask a question,does it matter if someone has asked it beforee??

Odd that one who mindlessly cuts and pastes from the internet accuses another of propaganda.

It matters that you stole another's thoughts and passed them off as your own. It's stealing, it's immoral, and it is completely intolerable.

What you have repeatedly done demonstrates beyond doubt that you are purposefully trying to lie and cheat my friends at RF by pretending to have written that which you did not. It demonstrates your complete lack of integrity and credibility and intellectual honesty.

I appreciate your concern,but let me respectfuly tell you that is no way my intent to purposely try to decieve you or my friends at RF.If I have offennded you I am sorry.And I will try to let you know if I use someone words from another opinion on the internet.OK so LET IT GO,and try to put some of your energy into doing good things,not always criticizing.OK? Thank You and GOD BLESS YOU

standing_alone

a_e said:
It's stealing, it's immoral, and it is completely intolerable.

I believe that's the Seventh Commandment (taken from my Luther's Catechism):

You shall not steal.

What does this mean?

We should fear and love God that we do not take our neighbor's money or property, or get it by dishonest dealing, but help him to improve and protect his property and means of income.

Would anyone agree with me that plagiarism is clearly a violation of this commandment of God's?

I feel so "Biblical" today! :D

Lindsey-Loo

Steel Magnolia
Do you think that Jesus Christ would care what His Church was teaching?

If they're teaching something other than what Jesus Christ taught, they're not His church.

That analogy is completely different than your last one, though. BEfore you were comparing three churches with totally different teachings....now you are comparing two churches of the same denomination (which would essentially mean the same teaching), simply with different names, based on location.

I'm gonna try this one last time :). I was simply pointing out that the name of you denomination does not mean anything. My church of Christ is the true church, but there will always be another congregation who call themselves the church of Christ who are teaching or practicing things not found in the Bible.

One Baptist church could be doing everything as they are supposed too, but another is not. Same thing goes for every denomination.

The point is that you should look at what's inside of a church, not what's on the sign out front. At least I think that's my point...I'm gonna go get some sleep now.

A

angellous_evangellous

I appreciate your concern,but let me respectfuly tell you that is no way my intent to purposely try to decieve you or my friends at RF.If I have offennded you I am sorry.And I will try to let you know if I use someone words from another opinion on the internet.OK so LET IT GO,and try to put some of your energy into doing good things,not always criticizing.OK? Thank You and GOD BLESS YOU

Your apology would be convincing if you started citing your sources. It's easy to do, and you have not done it yet. I've repeatedly called this to your attention and the attention of the MODs, and you've continued your deceptions.

By the way, exposing your lies to my friends is a good deed. It is better for us to walk in truth than in deception, and we can all deal with your posts more responsibly if we actually know what they are.

I read for a living, and I can tell when someone is plaigarising. My friends may not be able to tell that they are reading stolen material, so it is quite useful for me to point it out to them.

Squirt said:
Does the fact that their teachings and practices differ greatly from your Church bother you? Do you think that Jesus Christ would care what people who claimed to be a part of His Church were teaching?

If they are part of His Church,The only things they can be teaching are the TRUTH.

And yes GOD does care.And where do you think the truth is found? You guessed it.THE BIBLE