• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is Busia?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I looked and looked and looked and looked all over the house, and I was starting to get worried, because I could not find my Busia anywhere.

Then I finally found her.

1678903620528.png

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Cats got to have some privacy! (And some food.)
Above that box that Busia was in is another box where Busia was yesterday but it was tenanted by another cat today, Simon, the cat in my avatar.

If I look all over the house and cannot find Busia, I have to open a can of cat food and then she comes out of nowhere...
That works, but it is a last resort because all the other cats also come running!

Heyo

Veteran Member
If I look all over the house and cannot find Busia, I have to open a can of cat food and then she comes out of nowhere...
That works, but it is a last resort because all the other cats also come running!
Doesn't work on the girls. I haven't found anything to bribe them, yet. They either want to come when I call them or I simply have to wait until they do want.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Doesn't work on the girls. I haven't found anything to bribe them, yet. They either want to come when I call them or I simply have to wait until they do want.
It doesn't work on all my girls, only Busia. I have to go and get Silky right before I put the food down and bring her to the dining room.
Ellie doesn't ever eat canned food but neither does she hide.

Princess doesn't eat canned food either so it doesn't work on her...
Princess hides whenever anyone comes over, which is rare... I had a new furnace installed and I had to put all 8 cats in the master bedroom so they wouldn't get out as the installers were going in and out. I got most of them using the canned food trick, and I was able to locate the others and throw them in the bedroom...

So then a few days later I had to have my heating ducts cleaned, and that was a major fiasco, since I did not know the guys would have to leave the front door open to do their work. Had I known, I would have rounded up all the cats before they got here. Well, I had to put all 8 cats in the bedroom again, but this time they were onto me since they remembered what happened a few days before so the food trick did not get them all in the bedroom....

One of the workers finally had to put a big pad over Nova and throw him in the bedroom, because nobody can get near him because he is dangerous, very small but very dangerous. I counted all the cats in the bedroom and there were 7 so I knew I had all the cats except Princess and she was nowhere to be found. I finally realized she must have jumped off the balcony from the upstairs to the downstairs and hid downstairs, and there she was, hiding in the laundry room behind a pillow between the washer and the dryer, none the worse for the big jump.... So I put her in the bedroom with the others, but then I couldn't find her later after the installers left, and she had gone under one of the bedside tables through a space that was only 3 inches tall.... When I flashed the flashlight on her all I could see was eyes....

But the story doesn't end there. The state electrical inspector had to come to check the installation about a week later. Princess hid again and was nowhere to be found. I was really worried she might have gotten outside because I know I looked everywhere, upstairs and downstairs. After looking for her for about an hour I finally decided to take a break and go down the road to pick up the empty trash can, which is a 15 minute walk, and I prayed all the way and all the way back. I always pray non-stop when cats are missing and I have no other options left!

So when I got back it came to me to check under the recliner sofa. There she was! I don't know how she got under there because there is no space to crawl under. I know God led me to that sofa, and this is not the first time such a thing has happened. Years ago, Silky got outside and I prayed and prayed and was led to where she was hiding.

I have lived here for 14 years and had many more than 8 cats but I have never lost one to the outdoors and I don't plan to start now! It is raccoon-land out there and my prissy Persians would not survive outside overnight.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Busia is a real tiger and she can be very dangerous when I try to comb her, biting and scratching. She has a lot of furballs now since I have nobody to help me hold her anymore now that I am all alone. A couple of days ago, I finally figured out a way to comb her little by little when she came up on the counter and tried to pilfer Silky's chicken baby food. I let her eat the baby food while I am combing her... She does not like being combed at all so she goes back and forth to the food dish. I made some progress in the last few days but I have miles to go.

Food works on some cats but not on others. It is kind of odd because for about a year after I got Busia she would not eat canned food but now she woofs it down. Cats are so strange.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Busia is a real tiger and she can be very dangerous when I try to comb her, biting and scratching. She has a lot of furballs now since I have nobody to help me hold her anymore now that I am all alone. A couple of days ago, I finally figured out a way to comb her little by little when she came up on the counter and tried to pilfer Silky's chicken baby food. I let her eat the baby food while I am combing her... She does not like being combed at all so she goes back and forth to the food dish. I made some progress in the last few days but I have miles to go.

Food works on some cats but not on others. It is kind of odd because for about a year after I got Busia she would not eat canned food but now she woofs it down. Cats are so strange.
The girls are extremely low maintenance. They get food twice a day and cuddles when they want them.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The girls are extremely low maintenance. They get food twice a day and cuddles when they want them.
I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that your girls are not Persians. Persians are extremely high maintenance.
They want cuddles as soon as I get in bed on the couch. I normally have three girls with me, all but Busia, who is very independent.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that your girls are not Persians.
European Shorthair.
Persians are extremely high maintenance.
Most are. I know of outdoor Persians who are not only good hunters but also able to groom themselves.
They want cuddles as soon as I get in bed on the couch. I normally have three girls with me, all but Busia, who is very independent.
Miez is very affectionate for a European outdoor cat but both are very much independent. They'd have no problem surviving without me.