• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where in these forums have you seen the friendliest conversations across the widest divides?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Where have you seen the friendliest conversations between people who disagree the most about religious, political, economic and social issues? Have you seen it in some forums or topics more than others? Jokes, pics and stories? Random meaningless announcements?

Last edited:

amorphous_constellation

Hm, well I generally try to create threads that have room for both debate and amiability. 'Debate,' when done with maturity and used properly, is supposed to be a learning tool, and is supposed to widen perspectives if it can, without being damaging.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
My vote is in the joke threads because we're having fun and not being deadly serious.

Ayjaydee

Hm, well I generally try to create threads that have room for both debate and amiability. 'Debate,' when done with maturity and used properly, is supposed to be a learning tool, and is supposed to widen perspectives if it can, without being damaging.
We have been trained since grade school that the purpose of debate is to WIN! it's the basis of our adversarial system and has nothing to do with finding the truth. It's a better method than the old trial by combat but not by much

Jim

Nets of Wonder
So maybe I’ll see more of what I’m looking for in threads you’ve started, than in some others?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
The thread with the broadest topic would be my guess. (You know the old saying, "the devil is in the details.")

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Many years ago, around when I first join and for some years after that, we had a thread and poll asking members of three preferred toilet paper folded or crumpled.
Overall, the forum as a whole was way more friendly and closer.

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Sometimes also in threads where people are asking for ideas about what they’re trying to do in their life.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Many years ago, around when I first join and for some years after that, we had a thread and poll asking members of three preferred toilet paper folded or crumpled.
Overall, the forum as a whole was way more friendly and closer.
Until some evil reprobate claimed the paper
should come out from under the wall side.
Then the sparks & feces flew.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Until some evil reprobate claimed the paper
should come out from under the wall side.
Then the sparks & feces flew.
Nah. It was a much smaller forum then. Some grumps, but not much poo flinging back then. But we had Tetris tournaments, lotteries, gifted cheeseburgers to eachother, and if course had real, 100% genuine Frubals.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Where have you seen the friendliest conversations between people who disagree the most about religious, political, economic and social issues? Have you seen it in some forums or topics more than others? Jokes, pics and stories? Random meaningless announcements?
I have seen many friendly discussions in RF, But there are always someone who wish to argue in a way that can fast get out of hand and it becomes uncomfortable. But with a forum this big there will always be someone who are not here for Religious/Spiritual discussion or sharing but to tear down those who have a belief or follow a certain path. The world is unfortunately a nasty place to be, but we can do our best to not become a part of the nastiness :)