• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where have I been???

chief30

I hit backspace on accident after tying out a long story/question. I'll just shorten it and if you need more detail just ask :).

1. Went to my first weekday mass the other day and before that I said the rosary with everyone there. They said it very differently from what I was used to. Theres was a prayer after every Hail holy queen: "... send us your holy priest..." something like that. Then at the very end there were 5 to 7 different prayers, the only one i can remember was to St michael the archangle. Where can I learn this method or better yet- what is it exactly?

2. The weekday mass was like a speeding bullet but everyone had a book with them I noticed. Not one in the pew but one they brought with them. Where can I get one?

3. Where can I learn all of this? It concerns me because I was never taught any of this but would like to learn as soon as possible. Thanks!

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Hey Chief,

1. Was the one about priests this: God, our Father, please send us holy priests, all for the sacred and eucharistic heart of Jesus, all for the sorrowful and immaculate heart of Mary, in union with saint Joseph. Amen. ?

Could what you remember be the Chaplet of Saint Michael? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaplet_of_Saint_Michael

There are others Rosary based prayers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. The weekday mass was like a speeding bullet but everyone had a book with them I noticed. Not one in the pew but one they brought with them. Where can I get one?
Aggh, I can't remember exactly what it is called... Maybe a lectionary?

Jordan St. Francis

They probably concluded the Rosary with this prayer:

O God, whose only Begotten Son, by His life, death and resurretion, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal salvation, grant, we beseech Thee, that by mediating on these mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, that we might imitate what they contain, and obtain what they promise, through that same Christ our Lord. Amen.

The prayer to St. Michael was probably this one:

St. Michael the Archangel,
Defend us in this our day of battle,
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil,
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God,
Cast into Hell, Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Also, if it was daily Mass, you might have prayed the Angelus if it was before noon, which begins:

And the Angel of the Lord declared unto Mary, and she conceived by the Holy Spirit.
Hail Mary...

Behold the Handmaid of the Lord, be it done to me according to Thy Word.
Hail Mary...

And the Word became flesh and dwelth among us [all kneel]
Hail Mary...

And there is more...