• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where have all the humans gone?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Probably quite a few examples like the two below:

Do you think any wildlife have realised that something major has occurred in the last few months, what with the absence of so many humans in their environment?

And of course - from the title:

Her performance was just weeks before JFK was killed but so emotional as to be quite appropriate, apart from the general message of the song.

Last edited:

Jedster

Probably quite a few examples like the two below:

Do you think any wildlife have realised that something major has occurred in the last few months, what with the absence of so many humans in their environment?

And of course - from the title:

Her performance was just weeks before JFK was killed but so emotional as to be so appropriate, apart from the general message of the song.

I recently received an email from my daughter who lives in East London,this is the last line:

And the birds... yes, they are taking over even in London! This is their time... they'd probably do a better job of taking care of the world than we have.... Love you old man xxx

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks for this thread. I've finally made the connection. Looks like COVID-19 is a part of the Great Animal Conspiracy™. We're under attack! They're taking over!

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Thanks for this thread. I've finally made the connection. Looks like COVID-19 is a part of the Great Animal Conspiracy™. We're under attack! They're taking over!

Those goats in Llandudno....when I was there I got mugged by a seagull - stole my ice cream. :eek:

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It's My Birthday!
I was in Llandud

Those goats in Llandudno....when I was there I got mugged by a seagull - stole my ice cream. :eek:

Yup, perhaps the same theiving seagull that stole mine. But the good news was that the ice-cream dropped and landed slap bang dead centre of a blue rinse hairdo

Last edited:

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I don't know if this is just urban legend (I hope it is) but - calcium carbide, the ingredient for acetylene lamps, has been suggested as being thrown from boats to following seagulls - with the inevitable result of mixing with water and causing large amounts of gas, thus blowing them apart or causing severe distress. Probably urban legend and no one in their right mind would do such - hopefully. :oops:

Not sure if the birds are a little bolder than normal, what with fewer humans about and possibly less food.