• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where does your morality come from?

Ceridwen018

dan,

If our morality is influenced by our actions how can it really be called morality? Most people accept morality as something that holds true in any situation. If a relativist changes with the wind it can hardly be called a philosophy.

Morality and philosophy aren't the same thing though. How would you (personally) define morality?

The truth is you were offered the chance to come to earth and you accepted. It's not a superstition, but the truth. You don't believe it and I'm not going to try to convince you of the truthfullness of it, but I know it to be true.

How do you know it to be true?

anders

dan,

I am quite certain that I did not ask to be born. So, the burden of proof is with you. When did I ask, how did I ask and whom did I ask? I have never seen your theory in any religion. It may exist in Hindu scriptures, because they seem to cover almost anything, but as I wrote, I have yet to encounter it even there.

Neither do I believe in any "grand scheme", other than the laws of physics. They don't change because of what I think in connection with an action -- or otherwise. I don't see that your reply explains what you meant.