• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where does all the weirdness come from?

Ellen Brown

My own take on the question is that much of the strangeness is from the shaitan. (satan) and done to persecute believers.

Come to find out, when I started coming to RF, I didn't know that half of it. Now I think I'll just go back to bed and pull the covers over my head.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
My own take on the question is that much of the strangeness is from the shaitan. (satan) and done to persecute believers.

Come to find out, when I started coming to RF, I didn't know that half of it. Now I think I'll just go back to bed and pull the covers over my head.
In our perspective, shaitan has been overcome by the blood of The Lamb and our position of declared faith. :) So we uncover our heads, get up and destroy his works :)

WalterTrull

Godfella
Aahhh, don't take it too seriously. There are many weirded out folk here, just as in the world at large. Just walk on by. Occasionally, there's an interesting thread, close enough to your philosophy to get into, otherwise... Sometimes the intellectual banter, that goes nowhere, gets me tired and I take a break for a while. Then I come back and browse. Sometimes there's a funny joke.

Ellen Brown

Satanists are mostly Luciferians, by the way.:)
Or, philosophical satanists, which is like an amalgamation of satan imagry, mixed with politics, and Luciferian aspirations.:)

Interesting that you can be so sure of that. I was just going by the book of Job, and the words of Jesus in Luke 22. Seems pretty uncomplicated to me. I've seen nothing to indicate that anything has changed since then.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Interesting that you can be so sure of that. I was just going by the book of Job, and the words of Jesus in Luke 22. Seems pretty uncomplicated to me. I've seen nothing to indicate that anything has changed since then.
Since you are still young (at heart) @Ellen Brown ask yourself if believing in the reality of Satan/Shaytan has made your life better. Has the belief had a positive impact on your experience?

Ellen Brown

Since you are still young (at heart) @Ellen Brown ask yourself if believing in the reality of Satan/Shaytan has made your life better. Has the belief had a positive impact on your experience?

No I don't check under my bed for a boogie man either.

I try to follow the entire KJV, and often wonder why so much of it has been abrogated...or has it? I'll likely die with more questions than I started with. The adversary, Shaitan, or the devil is documented there.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
No I don't check under my bed for a boogie man either.

I try to follow the entire KJV, and often wonder why so much of it has been abrogated...or has it? I'll likely die with more questions than I started with. The adversary, Shaitan, or the devil is documented there.
I might recommend lighter reading material. It sounds like you have milked that tired tomb for all it's worth already. You should be at the coasting stage by now. Relax. You will be fine. :)

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I have for a long time felt that Shaitan / Satan is not a literal being, and to the extent that it corresponds to bad things happening, it is a symbol for confusion and emotional immaturity, while the various forms of Satanism seem to generally focus on the positive aspects of seeking freedom of expression.

Then again, I was never one to think of a Creator God as something that actually did exist.

Ellen Brown

The Bible doesn't tell you that Judas was not accepting of satan, entering him. If you know about how possession works, like I do, then you know that it happens when you are either intentionally doing it, or accepting of it. Usually intentionally.

I'll defend your right to your point of view, even though I worry that thinking like that can lead to hurt and pain for the innocent.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Sounds like the 'Devil made me do it' scapegoat.

The weirdness is simply the fallible nature of being human. Why complicate things?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

I agree! But it really shouldn’t be surprising, Jesus called him, “the ruler of this world” at John 12:31 and John 14:30. And when Christ was tempted by Satan @ Matthew 4, he offered Jesus ‘all the kingdoms of the world’; Jesus didn’t dispute his control of them.

1 John 5:19 and Revelation 12:9 highlight the extent of his influence.

But don’t get too disheartened....getting rid of Satan and the trouble he’s caused is one reason Jesus came. — 1 John 3:8.

And, at a person’s death, the Devil’s control over them completely ends! — Ezekiel 18:4, ‘all souls (ie., which includes their future life prospects) belong to God.’

Take care.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Human imagination knows no bounds.

When ignorance and mediocrity reigns no one gets wet.

Take off your hat and walk in the rain!

Last edited:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member

Can I ask why the KJV? There are so many good more up to date translations that show up flaws in many of the KJV's renderings.
In the light of better understanding of the original languages, perhaps you would understand more by checking other versions and comparing. Strongs is also a good resource.