• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where do you gain/lose fat first?

Cynic

I ate a LOT of pastry, potato chips, and other fat food in the past few days, and my cheek and neck area looks wider and rounder.

Do people lose/gain weight in specific areas quicker?

Kungfuzed

Student Nurse
I usually gain the most weight in the kitchen but the break room at work also has vending machines that add to my waistline as well.

Ceridwen018

Different people carry their fat in different places. Have you ever seen someone with a big belly and skinny legs, or a thin waist and a lot of junk in the trunk? Unfortunately, carrying fat in the boobs doesn't seem to be an option (damn!).

At any rate, I would have to say that your supposed weight gain is probably all in your head. I mean, eating a lot of fatty food isn't good, as you seem to know, but it takes longer than a couple of days to put on fat that stays. In order to increase your body fat, your metabolism generally has to slow down as a result of your body acclimating itself to all the new incoming calories, and that can take awhile (but not too long, so shape up!).

What's probably happened is that you feel self conscious about having eaten more than you're used to (hey, its the holidays!) and so you're paranoid about having gained weight and are seeing things where there's nothing. Happens to me too!

Zephyr

Moved on
When I gain weight, it's usually in my legs and back. When I gain fat, it's usually in my belly.