• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Do People Get This Idea?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Ragnarok is preceded by Fimbulwinter, interpreted by some as being nuclear winter.

Hard to squeeze three winters into the span of 100 days.

Treks

They did it in that movie where they had that cold weather in America and those kids were waiting it out in the library.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
Well apparently the Mayans were wrong....or at least those interpreting their calendar....

lets see how the Vikings do

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
...and I thought the whole horned/winged helmets thing was an epic Viking fail. :facepalm:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
What better way to encourage attendance than claim the world is ending?

I could see how it could've been worth some shock value back in the 20th century, but lately it's been used to a point where nobody really cares, but not only that, they mock it.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Not sure, but this all sounds familiar...as if we've had predications like this in the past and they didn't come true...

I'm going to predict that within the next year, someone else is going to predict that the world is going to end within the next year or two, and claim that their prediction is based on some ancient knowledge that no one else seems to know about.:D

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I'm going to predict that within the next year, someone else is going to predict that the world is going to end within the next year or two, and claim that their prediction is based on some ancient knowledge that no one else seems to know about.:D

I could have predicted you would say that based on the knowledge of the ancient Sumerian Cuneiform script......:D

Last edited: