• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where do gangsters go when they die......

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
AT LAST You have listened. I came from orthodox jewry and have held my beliefs for fifty years.
An LGBT person suffering from religious fear and guilt because they believe in God, having been brought up in a religious household, will rarely find your religion to be of help.
Oh, for them we have all kinds of Gods and Goddesses. Some specially instituted for LGBTQ. My views are just a miniscule minority in Hinduism. Hinduism has not abandoned its Gods and Goddesses. :)
Yeah, I am aware of atheistic thought in Judaism. In Hinduism, it is a valid philosophy since ages. It is in RigVeda also, which is our oldest scripture.

"Ko addhā veda ka iha pravocat kuta ājātā kuta iyaṃvisṛṣṭiḥ l arvāg devā asya visarjanenāthā ko veda yatābabhūva ll"
Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation?
The Gods are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being?
https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/rigveda/rv10129.htm

Bahuchara, Iravan, Yelamma
bahuchar-mata-statue-250x250.jpg
Sri_Aravan.jpg
250x250.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, for them we have all kinds of Gods and Goddesses. Some specially instituted for LGBTQ. My views are just a miniscule minority in Hinduism. Hinduism has not abandoned its Gods and Goddesses. :)
Yeah, I am aware of atheistic thought in Judaism. In Hinduism, it is a valid philosophy since ages. It is in RigVeda also, which is our oldest scripture.

"Ko addhā veda ka iha pravocat kuta ājātā kuta iyaṃvisṛṣṭiḥ l arvāg devā asya visarjanenāthā ko veda yatābabhūva ll"
Who verily knows and who can here declare it, whence it was born and whence comes this creation?
The Gods are later than this world's production. Who knows then whence it first came into being?
https://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/rigveda/rv10129.htm

Bahuchara, Iravan, Yelamma
bahuchar-mata-statue-250x250.jpg
Sri_Aravan.jpg
250x250.jpg

Your sacred verse is something I agree with completely. Now taking one God at a time I must help destroy the Abrahamic Ones. After which I can spend more time contemplating The One
That which you can grasp is not the Tao.
I know your belief is different to mainstream hinduism.
What is the hindu God of Religious extremism, btw?

have much respect for you. You destroy the self-serving scriptures with ease, if not perhaps with a little too much pleasure..:oops:

Most importantly , you said "Yeah, I am aware of atheistic thought in Judaism"

I am not, I have never encountered it before, or if I have I have forgotten it over the decades. Point me in the right direction. Where do I find this thought?? Or are you making reference to Jews who have left the fold?

Last edited:
I shall also start to study your Rigveda as, referring to the OP....Oh wait, I already know it.

If I explain it as The Tao, then It is Not.

NB it may be useful for all Indian gangsters to read prior to wherever it is they go on to. ie OP

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
What is the hindu God of Religious extremism, btw?
Most importantly , you said "Yeah, I am aware of atheistic thought in Judaism".
Perish the thought. No Hindu God or Goddess will stoop to such a low attitude.

I was referring to 'secular Jews'.
"Most Jewish Israelis classify themselves as "secular" (hiloni), "traditional" (masorti), "religious" (dati) or Haredi. The term "secular" is more popular as a self-description among Israeli families of western (European) origin, whose Jewish identity may be a very powerful force in their lives, but who see it as largely independent of traditional religious belief and practice. This portion of the population largely ignores organized religious life, be it of the official Israeli rabbinate (Orthodox) or of the liberal movements common to diaspora Judaism (Reform, Conservative)."
Judaism - Wikipedia
Jewish atheism - Wikipedia

India had nice Jewish communities. We are sorry that they chose to go to Israel or elsewhere. We miss them (the late David Abraham Cheulkar, actor). But it is their wish. I recently visited the famous synagogue in Cochin, a place where the Star of David lives peacefully and happily with the Swastika.

Fort%20Kochi%207_0.jpg
rsc-61215-mattancherry-synagogue-fort-cochin-kerala-india-BFN1Y7.jpg
jewish.jpg
220px-La_synagogue_Pardesi_%28Cochin%2C_Inde%29_%2813744586725%29.jpg
webRNS-HAMMERMAN-OPED2-012618.jpg

David Abraham Cheulkar - Wikipedia
Bene Israel - Wikipedia
https://www.myheritage.com/research...n.cheulkar+lnmo.3+lnmsdm.1+lnmsmf3.1+lnmsrs.1
https://www.myheritage.com/research...n.cheulkar+lnmo.3+lnmsdm.1+lnmsmf3.1+lnmsrs.1

Last edited:
Thanks . Having been to Israel many times on Kibbutz etc I know the religious divides, . I thought you were referring to an actual atheistic movement, my assumption.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You might be wondering why all their surnames have 'kar'? This the Maharashtrian practice. The name before the addition of 'kar' is the name of their ancestral village. So David Abrham's family hailed from Cheul or Cheulgaon (Cheul village), which is a nice sea-coast village a little south of Mumbai.

Location, Temple, Street, Revdanda Beach Fort (It was a Portuguese enclave at one time). The beach is known as Kashid Beach.

Cheul.png
rameshwar-lord-shivas-temple-chaul-taluka-alibaug-district-raigadh-ERYHTR.jpg
old-houses-in-chaul-village-raigad-maharashtra-india-asia-RMW71R.jpg
d9095b30-47a8-4c00-b3d1-c8a4284de2cc_large.jpeg