• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where did world come from?

questfortruth

Of course saying that there's no evidence that god exists is not the same as claiming that no god exists. But you already knew that.
This is when atheists start denial not only of God, but of their own Atheism. Because they stopped saying "No God" and start saying "No belief in God". Nihilism of Nihilism. Double layer Nihilism.

stanberger

We see this world. Where did the world come from? Atheist: I don't know. Theist: from God. Since there is no third option, then God exists.

There is no third option and there never will be, because Atheism cannot be proven. Atheism is the absence of the need for miracles. After all, the more we learn about science, the more we realize that we do not know anything yet. Therefore, the scientific search is endless. And if so, then the "God of the Gaps" will never be killed. There will always be a time and place for miracles. "We can live only in two ways: A. thinking, that there are no miracles, or B. believing, that everything is a miracle" (Albert Einstein).

The wording. The wording "God exists, God is not person, God is rock, God is Moon, God is water, God is Zeus,..." means Theism.
The wording "God does not exist (because there is no proof of God)" means Atheism.

stanberger

We see this world. Where did the world come from? Atheist: I don't know. Theist: from God. Since there is no third option, then God exists.

There is no third option and there never will be, because Atheism cannot be proven. Atheism is the absence of the need for miracles. After all, the more we learn about science, the more we realize that we do not know anything yet. Therefore, the scientific search is endless. And if so, then the "God of the Gaps" will never be killed. There will always be a time and place for miracles. "We can live only in two ways: A. thinking, that there are no miracles, or B. believing, that everything is a miracle" (Albert Einstein).

The wording. The wording "God exists, God is not person, God is rock, God is Moon, God is water, God is Zeus,..." means Theism.
The wording "God does not exist (because there is no proof of God)" means Atheism.

QuestioningMind

This is when atheists start denial not only of God, but of their own Atheism. Because they stopped saying "No God" and start saying "No belief in God". Nihilism of Nihilism. Double layer Nihilism.

Since atheism is the lack of belief in any god and NOT a denial that any gods exist atheists are NOT denying their own atheism. It is you who continually insists on denying what the true definition of an atheist is. Why are you so threatened by the real definition? Is it because you're so desperate to shift the burden of proof for your claims? I've never claimed that your god doesn't exist. I've simply stated that you have never provided me with anything close to verifiable evidence for your god to warrant my belief. And that's all that's required for me to be an atheist, a lack of belief that your god definitely does exist.

questfortruth

How does saying you don't believe in God deny atheism? Please explain.

Since atheism is the lack of belief in any god and NOT a denial that any gods exist atheists are NOT denying their own atheism. It is you who continually insists on denying what the true definition of an atheist is. Why are you so threatened by the real definition?

The hell of godlessness and madness has no bottom. Hell became double. Will it become triple?
Already tripled. After all, a Christian, saving modern man from the clutches of a multi-layered madness, must first prove to an atheist that he is a real atheist. Real Atheist says: "God does not exist.". Then prove to the Real Atheist that he is a satanist. Then prove to the satanist that he is a Real Satanist. Real Satanist says: "satan does exist." Then convince Real Satanist, that satan is eviler than God. Then convince him that God is kinder than Satan. Then prove that God is good and Satan is evil. Then to prove that God is Absolute Holy, and Satan is Absolute Evil. Then convince Real Satanist to accept Jesus Christ.

I'm not a fool. How could I publish myself in the top elite archive
without brain?
Evaluation of the Gauss integral

Last edited:

QuestioningMind

The hell of godlessness and madness has no bottom. Hell became double. Will it become triple?
Already tripled. After all, a Christian, saving modern man from the clutches of a multi-layered madness, must first prove to an atheist that he is a real atheist. Then prove to the Real Atheist that he is a satanist. Then prove to the satanist that he is a Real Satanist. Then convince Real Satanist, that satan is eviler than God. Then convince him that God is kinder than Satan. Then prove that God is good and Satan is evil. Then to prove that God is Absolute Holy, and Satan is Absolute Evil. Then convince Real Satanist to accept Jesus Christ.

I'm not a fool. How could I publish myself in the top elite archive
without brains?
Evaluation of the Gauss integral

I'm not a fool.

Based upon your above response to my question about why you insist on trying to redefine atheism, I'd say that's highly questionable.

What's so threatening about my question that you deflect it by responding with the above rubbish which, as is so often the case, has NOTHING to do with what I posted? I suspect it's the fact that it forces you to admit that since you're the one making claims that the burden of proof falls on you. And since you have exactly as much evidence for your claim that god is real as I do for the claim that magical pixies are real, that forces you to face the fact that your beliefs are based on nothing but wishful thinking. That's why you constantly feel compelled to post these attacks on atheists by misrepresenting what an atheist is, what they think, and what motivates them.

It's rather sad in my opinion.

How could I publish myself in the top elite archive
without brains?

I don't know... I'm guessing the same way you write posts on this site?

QuestioningMind

Yet again you refuse to tell us why you're so threatened by the true definition of atheism. Leads me to believe that my suspicions are correct. You're desperate to lean on that at-least-they-can't-prove-my-god-DOESN'T-exist crutch in order to ignore the reality that you have no evidence that your god actually DOES exist, aside from wishful thinking.

And honestly, I have no desire whatsoever to follow you into your multi-layers of madness. What I see on the surface is scary enough for me.

Nimos

Please make difference between these two words: to create, to come.
Verb "to create" always comes with word Creator.
Verb "to come" does not need word Creator.
I don't think it is relevant which or how you use the words in this case.

The question is, whether you can rule out the scenario that I put forward. Im not asking for you to prove it wrong, but simply given how little or basically nothing, we know about what happened before the our Universe came into existences.

There could be forces or some type of energy for lack of better words at play, which are so strange that we can't even imagine how they work. As comparison, our understanding of this might be like that of a stone age man and his understanding of quantum mechanics.

My point is, that jumping to the conclusion that there are only two options, that either God did it or we don't or can't know are correct, seems wrong to me. I have no issue with a God being an option, I wouldn't rule that one out either. But obviously as an atheist, I don't think that is the correct answer, and are therefore open for other possibilities, and surely my default position is "I don't know" and might very well be as far as we can ever get to answering the question.

stanberger

Since atheism is the lack of belief in any god and NOT a denial that any gods exist atheists are NOT denying their own atheism. It is you who continually insists on denying what the true definition of an atheist is. Why are you so threatened by the real definition? Is it because you're so desperate to shift the burden of proof for your claims? I've never claimed that your god doesn't exist. I've simply stated that you have never provided me with anything close to verifiable evidence for your god to warrant my belief. And that's all that's required for me to be an atheist, a lack of belief that your god definitely does exist.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
What are you on about?
1. There are reasonable, workable explanations for the formation of the earth, based on known physics and observation.
2. You can't claim goddidit if you can't show that god even exists in the first place.
3. Not knowing the answer to a question doesn't mean that any old nonsense that you might come up with is therefore true.

This has to be one of your least logical, most irrational posts yet.

Atheism cannot be proven.
Atheism has nothing to prove. It is simply the rejection of extraordinary claims on the basis of insufficient evidence. Even school kids understand this. I thought you were supposed to be a master of logic :tearsofjoy:

After all, the more we learn about science, the more we realize that we do not know anything yet.
More irrational, illogical nonsense. Of course we know things. Plenty of things. "Not knowing everything" does not therefore mean "knowing nothing".

Therefore, the scientific search is endless. And if so, then the "God of the Gaps" will never be killed.
Wrong. Your god now resides in essential two gaps, the source of the Big Bang singularity, and abiogenesis. Once these two are solved, there will be no gaps left for your god to hide in.
But at least you admit that your god is a "god of the gaps" and you believe through ignorance rather than through knowledge.

There will always be a time and place for miracles. "We can live only in two ways: A. thinking, that there are no miracles, or B. believing, that everything is a miracle" (Albert Einstein).
Yeah. And Einstein did not believe in miracles.