• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where did the second woman come from??

Man of Faith

Gosh, when a Satanist gives Christians advice on how to be better Christians I know something is wrong :thud: I guess I would rather see a Christian be reasonable about science than agree with me spiritually, at which point we are so radically as to not even have the same point of references in sight (I don't believe in the Christian Satan at all for example. I'm a Pantheistic Satanist by the way).

I would rather accept the word of Hebrew linguistics experts who testify that the Genesis story was written as a narrative, and not poetic. And proof of that is it was accepted as true and literal for many thousands of years. Now all of a sudden, when people want us to accept evolution, it is an allegory.

Last edited:

jasonwill2

I would rather accept the word of Hebrew linguistics experts who testify that the Genesis story was written as a narrative, and not poetic. And proof of that is it was accepted as true and literal for many thousands of years. Now all of a sudden, when people want us to accept evolution, it is an allegory.

Give me your sources and name the Hebrew linguistics.

Barrackubus

Residential Occultist
This is interesting the thing about a pagan is that they will most def check the source. And ask a different set of questions to check the validity, and because he is a Satanist doesn't exclude that his advice is slanted or of value. In generality pagans study alot, alot, alot and alot more...
And the science part is what ties it all together, pagans are people of science....
And lastly, for a Christian to accept the advice of a Hebrew linguistic expert, is no different than accepting the advice of a Satanist, because neither believe in the christian messiah, but out of the three i'd have a better time understanding the satanist.....

jasonwill2

This is interesting the thing about a pagan is that they will most def check the source. And ask a different set of questions to check the validity, and because he is a Satanist doesn't exclude that his advice is slanted or of value. In generality pagans study alot, alot, alot and alot more...
And the science part is what ties it all together, pagans are people of science....
And lastly, for a Christian to accept the advice of a Hebrew linguistic expert, is no different than accepting the advice of a Satanist, because neither believe in the christian messiah, but out of the three i'd have a better time understanding the satanist.....

So what do you think of Alister Crowley?

Barrackubus

Residential Occultist
I love Crowleys writings, he has done so much good for the people of pagan, occultic faith with his writings and teachings, I actually believe he has advented our faith in so many degrees, his impact will be discussed for many centuries like those of old we still argue and debate today.... I have never performed a gnostic saint ritual but for gaining his presence i'd learn, think I will put that on my to do list...lol
And besides my chosen religion is Thelema,
The most amazing book written by him was book 4....magick in theory and practice....
I can't say enough about how much he has helped me along my path....

jasonwill2

I love Crowleys writings, he has done so much good for the people of pagan, occultic faith with his writings and teachings, I actually believe he has advented our faith in so many degrees, his impact will be discussed for many centuries like those of old we still argue and debate today.... I have never performed a gnostic saint ritual but for gaining his presence i'd learn, think I will put that on my to do list...lol
And besides my chosen religion is Thelema,
The most amazing book written by him was book 4....magick in theory and practice....
I can't say enough about how much he has helped me along my path....

I wouldn't say that Crowley was a Neo-Pagan by far. However, I asked simply to ascertain some things about you. I think I got what I needed to know though.

kylixguru

I can understand where your original question comes from. It is stunning that otherwise rational people can consider Genesis literally... particularly as it includes two conflicting creation stories. But, having made your point that Genesis can't be literally true, the rest is unnecessary. The stories in Genesis are clearly meant to be metaphorical and poetic.
When something is metaphor it still points to an actual reality that can be taken seriously. You just have to understand how to decode the metaphor so that you get to the real meaning underneath it. The creation account is actually the mother-lode of metaphor that when properly understood as such enables the creation narrative in the Bible to be fully decoded all the way down to things that can be described in simple, practical terms that a non-religious person could make total sense of. Of course they may still say its a bunch of nonsense, but at least then they would know what the Bible is really trying to convey.

Barrackubus

Residential Occultist
If it is.truely metaphorical then this starts another set of questions.
What is the metaphor? Or wisdom we are to glean from it??
If the accounts in Genesis is.metaphorical, what about the rest of the book? Which parts are literally fabled?
Does this sudden discovery make Christianity and Judaeism a less valid of a religious choice??
And if it is a metaphor, does that mean there isn't a devil?? Oh my just what the satanists have been saying for decades, that satan is just a metaphorical.entity. Where is Anton Levay when you need him??

kylixguru

If it is.truely metaphorical then this starts another set of questions.
What is the metaphor? Or wisdom we are to glean from it??
If the accounts in Genesis is.metaphorical, what about the rest of the book? Which parts are literally fabled?
Does this sudden discovery make Christianity and Judaeism a less valid of a religious choice??
And if it is a metaphor, does that mean there isn't a devil?? Oh my just what the satanists have been saying for decades, that satan is just a metaphorical.entity. Where is Anton Levay when you need him??
The Genesis narrative lays the foundation for deciphering what I call the seer's tongue. If you read all of my posts here and in other threads, you will see how I approach this.
This doesn't make Christianity and Judeaism less valid of a choice, it makes it something local and specific that people may approach as a choice, as opposed to the assumed cosmological and universal context misguided believers presume.
If you do not wish to be associated with Jehovah and be subject to His law then do not make a covenant with Him to do so. That simple. Of course, this can have other implications you may not be aware of, so I do recommend you carefully take some time and make an informed decision in the matter.

GodizKing

I love this question, as it is one I had for decades before I learned the answer. I'll try to make it short. Incest...cousins today still marry and many cultures attempt to maintain their bloodline by "keeping it in the family". Why is incest wrong and dangerous? Complications with birth, mostly. Why? Biologically, we all have imperfections in our genes. As DNA is being built, genes from both parents are given to the baby. Genes come in pairs. One from mom. One from dad. (primary and backup). If one gene is good and the other bad, its ok. On the other hand, If mom and dad share the same imperfection (common with close relatives like brother and sister), the child will have a problem with that specific gene not functioning properly. It is outlined in the Bible, how far apart relatives need to be in order to reproduce (or marry). However, this came AFTER the fact. In the beginning..there were two perfect human beings. No imperfections. This reasoning would not have applied, as there were no bad genes. Cain married his sister or niece. Abraham married his half sister Sarah, etc... As time progressed, these issues of imperfection developed, which is why the law was given to distance the relation between man and wife.

Barrackubus

Residential Occultist
This reasoning would not have applied, as there were no bad genes. Cain married his sister or niece. Abraham married his half sister Sarah, etc... As time progressed, these issues of imperfection developed, which is why the law was given to distance the relation between man and wife.

Um...Cain didnt marry his sister until after the fall of man. So nobody was perfect anymore.
And whether or not sin was or.was not a factor it doesnt change the science of the defectivness that takes place when.brother and sisters have children together, perfect or not.
How can anybody assume that because the further away we got, the more imperfect the gene code became?
And why would a God create a man with an imperfect genetic code, I mean if we were created wouldnt it stand to reason to create a more perfect model instead of something flawed, does this mean we are doomed by him no matter what we do??

javajo

As time.progressed your god hypocritically turned the tables.....
I don't believe so. I believe he was up front with Adam and Eve. He told them straight out not to eat from that one tree, that in the day they ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, they would die. Literally, dying you will die. They ate, thus disobeying God, which is sin, and the wages of sin is death just as God told them. Sin brought death with sickness, disease and all and eventually eroded the quality of our genes, hence the new law many years down the road. That's how sin can be. It may have immediate pleasures and consequences, but eventually it gets you. Like anything done in excess, be it smoking, drinking, eating, etc., eventually we reap what we sow.