• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where did the second woman come from??

Barrackubus

Residential Occultist
If you follow the bibles account of creation. The Lord created man and woman, and told them to be fruitful and multiply. When it became time for either Cain or Seth to be fruitful and multiply, where did the women come from.
The Bible forbids incest as a sin punishable by death under Levitical law.
The Bible says that Cain went to the land of Nod, with his wife after he slew his brother.
If we are going to consider that Cain or Seth, married their sister, then all of mankind are biologically related in the worse way, my great (times several thousand) grand daddy had sex with his sister.....gross and very hypocritical of a god that makes the sin punishable by death in a few books later.
This is one of the many questions I have about that being you call god, it seems when someone like me a pagan witch asks questions like this to a Christian when they are trying to convert me, they say I have a problem with god, hey what you call god is your business, I just wanna answer to my question. Hang around their will be more....blessed be!!

jasonwill2

I think that Lilith was first (made out of the same dirt as Adam), but that Adam didn't want be an equal so she got angry, left, and cut a deal with some angels. Then Yahweh made Eve out of Adam's rib, and after the Fall Lilith went on to be the mother of the Succubi and Inccubi species of demons.

At least, I like that version better than the one you find in Christian Bibles, but some of those mythos of Lilith developed around the 9th to 11th Centuries. Still though, I like that version a lot more.

So to answer your question, I think that Eve was the second woman, Lilith was the first. But hey, I've worshiped Lilith for quite a long time so maybe I'm biased.

apophenia

You've nailed it. God's plan is incestuous.:eek:

Unless you decide to believe that he created lots of other people not mentioned in Genesis. Or not believe Genesis at all - my preferred option. Creation is just silly unless you regard it in a symbolic poetic way.

I've always loved poetry. It seems ridiculous to claim that poetry is scientifically valid. Or, for that matter, to get steamed up because it isn't.

I've even found some good poetry in the bible. I am prepared to admit that. I hope the authors thought it was poetry ... otherwise I would feel a bit disappointed.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
If you follow the bibles account of creation. The Lord created man and woman, and told them to be fruitful and multiply. When it became time for either Cain or Seth to be fruitful and multiply, where did the women come from.
A wizard did it.

My opinion on Genesis stories contradicting and so on is simply: don't worry about it; I don't think it's meant to be taken literally, but to convey truths about humanity's situation. Even a fair few early Christians outside of the modern age didn't believe in the creation story as true:

Then, following God’s descent into the depths of the material world, we consider the physical and obviously inadequate images of God in the Bible. These texts cannot, of course, be read literally, because they are full of “so many incredible or fictitious fairy tales.” From the very first chapter of Genesis, the Bible calls God a creator “as if he was a mere artisan” but goes on to say even more ludicrous things. Scripture supplies God
with horses and chariots and thrones and provides delicately prepared banquets and depicts Him drinking and drunk, and drowsy and suffering from a hangover. And what about God’s fits of anger, His griefs, His various oaths, His moments of repentance, His curses, His wraths, the manifold and crooked reasons given for His failure to fulfil promises?​

Source: Karen Armstrong, The Case for God, Chapter 5: Silence; p.124-125

:)

I think that Lilith was first (made out of the same dirt as Adam), but that Adam didn't want be an equal so she got angry, left, and cut a deal with some angels.
See, I've always had the other idea of it, in spirit with this quote:

"Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man's rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved."

It's from the Talmud, IIRC, but I don't know where or if that's right.

Pink Top Hat

The Bible says that Cain went to the land of Nod, with his wife after he slew his brother.
If we are going to consider that Cain or Seth, married their sister, then all of mankind are biologically related in the worse way, my great (times several thousand) grand daddy had sex with his sister.....gross and very hypocritical of a god that makes the sin punishable by death in a few books later.
This is one of the many questions I have about that being you call god, it seems when someone like me a pagan witch asks questions like this to a Christian when they are trying to convert me, they say I have a problem with god, hey what you call god is your business, I just wanna answer to my question. Hang around their will be more....blessed be!!

So in your pagan belief how were the first family created which led eventually to you?

Last edited:

Barrackubus

Residential Occultist
I don't care how people were placed here, the fact is we are here and now....even with the theories of evolution not being proved, or some have I dunno, I used to believe genesis through revelation...
Ive heard the creation story from the.bible.
From the lillith loving and respecting pagan groups, Silver Ravenwolf repeats a wonderful account in her books.
Ive heard the Sumarian accounts, transliterated by Dr. Zecariah Stichin....
And lastly, in the 13 principles of Wiccan Belief.....it states we are not concerned with our past but our now and our future, which basically says its not to worry about because I'm here now and it doesnt make to much sense to figure out exactly why fully because I am.here now!!

Barrackubus

Residential Occultist
My theory is, if we are all products of incest, and with two people being closely related together having chdren, such as brother, sister. Then all of our 'sins' could be because of the incest. It could have messed mankind up to the point that it is unrepairable. Suseptable Diseases because of dna reprogramming could be because of dna changes brought on by crossbreeding, homosexuality and just about any human 'sin' outlined in the Bible, could be in exsistence because of incest, just all those genes getting confused and mixed up...so why come.and die.on a cross.when.it.all could have.been prevented had you planned to create your world as a god with more than just two people. Who knows cancer and aids might not ever had a negative impact upon us physically had it not been for incest.... And you wonder why humanity is so confused. Look at the god that alledgedly made them. We were damned the day Seth got his sister pregnant....

otokage007

We are all related yes. You don't have to go to the Bible, there's evidence on the DNA. And yes God's plan is incestuous, Adam and Eve are practicly clones to begin with.

Btw I don't think incest is gross :)

Barrackubus

Residential Occultist
I would never judgmentally assume incest is gross....because as a pagan I respect what other people.like or want for themselves, as long as their is no harm being done..... Some people accept and live and like.incestuous relationships... I wont judge at all.
But in saying we are products of incest, and accepting it, does something to the validity of scriptural authority when the same god that allowed it to progress population numbers should not have outlawed the practice of something he was so permissive about at that beginning....talk about a bipolar god.

apophenia

My theory is, if we are all products of incest, and with two people being closely related together having chdren, such as brother, sister. Then all of our 'sins' could be because of the incest. It could have messed mankind up to the point that it is unrepairable. Suseptable Diseases because of dna reprogramming could be because of dna changes brought on by crossbreeding, homosexuality and just about any human 'sin' outlined in the Bible, could be in exsistence because of incest, just all those genes getting confused and mixed up...so why come.and die.on a cross.when.it.all could have.been prevented had you planned to create your world as a god with more than just two people. Who knows cancer and aids might not ever had a negative impact upon us physically had it not been for incest.... And you wonder why humanity is so confused. Look at the god that alledgedly made them. We were damned the day Seth got his sister pregnant....

You are trying to reconcile a symbolic text with contemporary science.

What you have just more or less proved is that either genesis is a nonsense if taken literally, or Yahweh, if such a god exists, is total crap at designing a creation.

Or ... that Yahweh is an insane entity, and this total ****-up is what was intended.

Take your pick.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
If you go back and carefully read the story of creation in Genesis you'll see that nowhere does it say Adam was the first or only man created. It just says that God put a man he had formed in the Garden of Eden. Evidently there were humans outside the Garden. However, they must have been ugly judging from the appearance of many of us today.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Nothing to be surprized about,because the creation and the universe as a whole is beyond our ability to comprehend.

Can you comprehend that the huge universe starting from one point

A cosmological theory holding that the universe originated approximately 20 billion years ago from the violent explosion of a very small agglomeration of matter of extremely high density and temperature.

So we accepted this fact eventhough its hard for our minds to comprehend,because there is some observations and investigations to support it.

The same thing to say that this huge population was started fron one creation which also we cant comprehend but if the holy books were man made,then the stupidest man on earth can lie by saying that god started his creation by 100 man and 100 woman,but that was the truth,and which is that,human population started from just one man which i guess even the one who received such information was himself surprised,but he was ordered to pass the messege exactly as revealed to him.

otokage007

I would never judgmentally assume incest is gross....because as a pagan I respect what other people.like or want for themselves, as long as their is no harm being done..... Some people accept and live and like.incestuous relationships... I wont judge at all.
But in saying we are products of incest, and accepting it, does something to the validity of scriptural authority when the same god that allowed it to progress population numbers should not have outlawed the practice of something he was so permissive about at that beginning....talk about a bipolar god.

Indeed.

Barrackubus

Residential Occultist
Exacly!! And how can people pray to.such a cluster f-ck!! And you wonder why xtianity has been around as long as it has with this in your beginnings.....wow!! People are doing things according to DNA a those sinful and biblically abnormally behaviours because of incest.....come on don't pull the wool over my eyes....we know what incest offspring is like.....

otokage007

we know what incest offspring is like.....

Like this:
GOT1.jpg

The church has too much invested in it's followers to let it go... So they insist on targeting children in order to create more paying suckers. The fact that they would preach ancient logic as fact proves this point. A devout follower of christ is told to give a percentage of his income to the church. Why? For the capitol gain of the church? I thought we paid taxes to keep churches open, so why then do they need cash from the congregation?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
To Barrackubus :- Hi! A few posts ago, you wrote (amidst other test):- We were damned the day Seth got his sister pregnant....

Question:- Are you saying that you do believe in Seth, and God, and Genesis?