• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are you going when you die?

Ephesus662

I was just wondering since there is so much religious diversity of the members on this website, where do you think you are going when you die? What makes you think this?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Like Maize said, except first in a fire and then sprinkled over the body of water of my choosing. (Or maybe in my favorite forest, I've not yet decided.)

All I know esoterically is that, wherever I'm going, everyone here on the forums (except those that don't want to participate) are going with me! That's right, I'm takin' all o'y'all with me! (Um, that is, if you happen to be going anyway...)

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Into whatever insects are lured by the scent of my rotting body, then whatever creatures eat the insects...

Ronald

Ephesus662 said:
I was just wondering since there is so much religious diversity of the members on this website, where do you think you are going when you die? What makes you think this?
What it DOESN'T say is you go to heaven!!!!
SLEEP in the HEART OF THE EARTH.Da 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
Ec 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
The Bible says dead burried in Hell/Grave, until resurrection, at Yeshua's coming. Mt.24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
At resurrection, 1Jo 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
When you search for the scripture (GO to heaven) PLEASE don't hold your breath, for you will turn blue! Go to heaven (man made doctrine)
Mt.15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Ceridwen018

I'm with you, Feathers. When the time comes, its not like I'll really have a say, nor will I care, but I'd like to be cremated when I die.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
If I had my way I would put on a funeral scaffold for the birds to eat then whatever bones are left put under a nice pile of rocks somewhere out in the woods. I certenly don't want to be pumped full of chemicals and put in a marble garden.

As for my soul, who knows, I'll find out when I get there. ;)

One of my friends wants to be cooked up in a nice stew or roast and eaten by his closest friends. Another wants to be made useful, he wants a legbone made into a flute, a bowstring made from his sinew, and maybe a book from his skin.... I joke that I'm going to make a candy bowl from his skull. :)

wa:do

cardero

Citizen Mod
Try not to view death as a vacation. It is not. When you go away to vacation, you usually go to "get away." In death, it is the opposite. Death is a way to "come back." When you go on vacation, you usually go to relax, to escape responsibility. Death, again, is just the opposite. In death, you don't escape responsibility; you "live up to it." When you die, you are already at peace, but still quite a bit must still BE accomplished.

Death is not heaven; it is not an eternal vacancy to GOD's kingdom. There are no chocolate rivers, golden gates, cloud beds, or peppermint trees like some have envisioned. When you arrive to this spiritual realm, K(NOW) that is as valid as any space in time or place you have ever occupied. Whether it is the physical, spiritual, dream state, or ethereal, K(NOW) that these places are for real. Nothing changes and that includes your intentions.

Pah

Uber all member
Ephesus662 said:

I'm going to a German vineyard overlooking the Rhein and any ski trail in Austria.

My ashes will be scaterd and I'll return home via melting snow and the waters of the Rhien eventually getting to the sea and catching a current to the East Coast.

Why? Because those are my wishes.

-pah-

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I will go first to the Otherworld, and I will live another life there, while awaiting my judgement. I will be able to reflect upon my past life.
After I am judged, I will be reincarnated. This realm, if I haven't learned enough to advance. A lower one if I have abused knowledge or ignored it. A higher one if I have learned enough. Spiritually that is.

Physically, I want to be dumped in the woods, so that I may offer my body to nature.

retrorich

SUPER NOT-A-MOD
Ephesus662 said:
Burned. Flushed. The end.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
Organs donated, then cremated. This particular congregation of the five aggregates (skhandas) will dissolve; my alaya conciousness (karmic storehouse) will eventually become part of another congregation of the five aggregates, and "I" will be reborn (NOT reincarnated). Of course this will not recognizably be the same individual who is currently writing this reply; that isn't how the universe works (at least according to Buddhism).

Pah

Uber all member
Ephesus662 said:
Sorry about that I meant to be more specific... where is your souls going when you die and why do you believe this?

I don't have a soul.

-pah-

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Ephesus662 said:
Sorry about that I meant to be more specific... where is your souls going when you die and why do you believe this?
I don't know... onto to some other adventure, I'll find out when I get there.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I don't know where my soul is going, I havent died yet to find out.

I would like to think that I will rejoin with creator untill I choose to return again, but who knows I may simply come back and have to try again.

If nothing elce my 'soul' will live on in my progeny (if I every have any) and in the things that eat me after I die.

wa:do

Runt

Well, without getting TOO philosophical here, I'm not sure that "I" ever really existed as anything seperate from the universe. I.E. the atoms which made up my body (which includes my brain which produces consciousness which gives rise to the concept of "self") are going to continue to exist after my death, but for these molecules my death is only a transition from one chemical makeup to another. Those atoms that once formed my body will simply start mixing with other atoms to form other substances. So, where will "I" go when I die? The same place I've been while I've been alive...