• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are Trump's financial data and tax returns?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No one concedes a close election or admits defeat on Election Day.
Of course not. But no one goes on about how what is mostly an honest open election of integrity is rigged against him.
Trump could win the popular vote and lose from the electoral college.
That very rarely happens.
He is aware they are out to get him.
Who is "they?"
If he loses in the electoral college, he'd be right all along.
No he wouldn't. It's happened before, and though rarely, it doesn't mean corruption but rather it's how our system is set up to work. Personally, I call it a joke, but it's working as intended, meaning it's not corrupt.
The people would no longer trust in the process or system.
None of those were problems 16 years ago.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Since Trump has not uttered those words, we know he isn't whining. And since he has complained about things that are wrong and is acting as president elect to bring attention to those things, so they can be undone or addressed, we know he's been complaining.
Trump is already whining about the USA voters choice in an election that hasn't happened yet. He may not accept the election results.
Unless he wins.

Tom

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Here's the thing, that is proof and evidence of nothing.
Since Trump has not uttered those words, we know he isn't whining.
I really don't know how to respond to either. One is saying we just can't believe what the mother said because we have to believe her religion is repressing her, and the other of course is just not true because it is hyperbole. I have Asperger's, and even I understand why it could be very emotionally painful for her in that situation (and I don't even have kids), and that you don't have to use a word-for-word quote to make a point when the context has been established.
How low are people really willing to sink?

Nous

Premium Member
Do we know the tax returns of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln?
Yes, we know that for all 3 of these Presidents, the deductions they took on what they owed in state and federal income taxes to compensate themselves for loses due to poor business decisions was exactly $0.00.

Lighthouse

Of course not. But no one goes on about how what is mostly an honest open election of integrity is rigged against him.

That very rarely happens.

Who is "they?"

No he wouldn't. It's happened before, and though rarely, it doesn't mean corruption but rather it's how our system is set up to work. Personally, I call it a joke, but it's working as intended, meaning it's not corrupt.

None of those were problems 16 years ago.

Problems evolve and in my opinion, it could be this year. It's not every year you have a candidate such as Donald, a different beast and freak of nature candidate indeed.

Dems, Pubs, Wall Street, pharms, all of the big players with financial investments in it. Donald would be a threat to their money.

While I agree he shouldn't complain about it being rigged quite yet, it is also smart for him given the circumstances and his use of foreshadowing. There is intent behind his whining/complaining.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
While I agree he shouldn't complain about it being rigged quite yet, it is also smart for him given the circumstances and his use of foreshadowing.
It's a pretty bad move because he is speaking largely and mostly to a group who already believes their vote doesn't count anyways. And not only does it not count, he's not going to win anyways because "Crooked Hillary" has it rigged in her favor. That's not how you get people to turn out to vote.

Lighthouse

I really don't know how to respond to either. One is saying we just can't believe what the mother said because we have to believe her religion is repressing her, and the other of course is just not true because it is hyperbole. I have Asperger's, and even I understand why it could be very emotionally painful for her in that situation (and I don't even have kids), and that you don't have to use a word-for-word quote to make a point when the context has been established.
How low are people really willing to sink?

I am not personally exploited based off of emotion. I understand her pain, and I also understand the political agenda behind it.

I don't see give me money infomercials for starving kids and assume that if I don't give money I dislike starving kids and am selfish, sinking low, etc.

I don't see her story as any different or superior to anyone else's who have also died in an unnecessary war. I don't care what religion, what ethnicity. I don't find it attractive making an emotional plea to people based off of agenda. That is low in my opinion. People die everyday for all sorts of reasons and it's not hyped up for agenda. When it becomes treated as such, that is when people are willing to go low. When they are paid to do so, that is even lower in my opinion.

People fall for all sorts of emotional pleas. It is discreetly effective.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

It's a pretty bad move because he is speaking largely and mostly to a group who already believes their vote doesn't count anyways. And not only does it not count, he's not going to win anyways because "Crooked Hillary" has it rigged in her favor. That's not how you get people to turn out to vote.

Lol, I know what you mean.

Risk vs reward for whining?

suncowiam

I've also suspected these manipulations, strategic bankruptcies, and moving debt, but that doesn't make him a successful at doing business, it makes him good at cheating the system. We also know he does make money from selling his name, which will stay afloat as long as he can stay afloat. But, again that isn't business, it's a cult of personality.
Really, before this election I never really thought about or questioned it, but now that he's exposed himself to the world, it has raised far more questions about him than it's answered. And one of those major questions is how does someone who gets defensive over his hand size, mocks the disability of a journalist who reported things Trump didn't believe in, and gets into a Twitter war at 3 - 5 AM with a former beauty queen and telling people to watch her non-existent sex tape make it in business without being eaten alive? Successful and powerful politicians and executives cannot afford to be as careless and brash as Trump is. If he wins, he's starting with very few allies and tons of enemies. It's almost like he has no foresight, because he was able to gain in the short term with a surprising (but not surprising in hind-sight and once facts are known) primary win, but when it comes to what really matters at the state level, he has nothing. He's offended so many Republicans and Democrats that he may just face worst obstructionism than what Hillary will face or what Obama has faced, and he has brought it upon himself.
He's shown he can cause a short-lived feedback frenzy loop of feeding the people who feed his ego, but the debates have shown us he is delusional and looking exhausted.

No, but everything to various degrees is a personality contest, and Trump has not shown he has the personality or characteristics of someone who can be successful at politics or business. If he really gets upset over someone saying he has small hands (which is a seriously WTF? type of insult to begin with), what are his business dealings really like because business, especially high-roller international business, is not for the weak.

Cheating as in illegal? You prove to me that he did something illegal then I'll concede to your point about cheating, otherwise your claim is subjective. What ever you're claiming is based on your rules and morality, not one that I know that has been accepted by the land.

Not sure how many deductions you take but as you start making more money, I'm sure you're going to take as many deductions as the law affords you. That's a double standard to suggest others can't optimize their tax returns while you can. Don't like it, change it and make it illegal. Then your claim would have some legal weight.

Your point about how he belittles people, I do agree with, but sorry, it has little to do with business. You're just reiterating what I've already mentioned. He has serious flaws but 90 + percent of the population should not be discrediting him as a business person.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trump is already whining about the USA voters choice in an election that hasn't happened yet. He may not accept the election results.
Unless he wins.

Tom
All see are Democrats whining about Trump's whining. Good to know nothings changed since I mentioned that last.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Trump has indicated I think a desire to keep his tax returns private. Glad to know you respect that.
I respect the decision but Trump has not been as transparent as Americans have come to expect from a presidential nominee. That is not too much to expect when even Buffet, under audit, came out the very next day when Trump accused him of using certain loop holes. Also he has indicated he will release his tax returns but keeps creating excuses.

james bond

I respect the decision but Trump has not been as transparent as Americans have come to expect from a presidential nominee. That is not too much to expect when even Buffet, under audit, came out the very next day when Trump accused him of using certain loop holes. Also he has indicated he will release his tax returns but keeps creating excuses.

This is a smart move. If he releases it now, then it will be used against him no matter what. It reminds of the joke:

Trump: How do you keep a scumbag in suspense?
Clinton: How?
Trump: I'll tell you tomorrow.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
All see are Democrats whining about Trump's whining. Good to know nothings changed since I mentioned that last.
Uh no. Not really.
You wanna see white hot antiTrump rage? It won't generally come from Democrats. It's the Republicans.
Trump's campaign is working well for the DNC. Suspiciously well, in my very cynical opinion. It's the solid Republicans who are seeing the Republican party that they have been supporting forever circling the drain who seriously hate Trump.

Go to redstate.com for the most credible essays on why Trump is evil. They don't like Hillary, but Trump is the big threat to the America they hold dear.
Tom

Acim

Revelation all the time

All such excuses ought to be fine if you (truly) respect his privacy.

idav

Being
Premium Member
All such excuses ought to be fine if you (truly) respect his privacy.
Sure I'm fine but suspicious when everyone else is willing to be a bit more transparent. Aside from any unintentional disclosures.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Sure I'm fine but suspicious when everyone else is willing to be a bit more transparent. Aside from any unintentional disclosures.

Suspicious strikes me as not be respectful of the person's desire for privacy. Seems like you are saying 2 (contradictory) things.

idav

Being
Premium Member
Suspicious strikes me as not be respectful of the person's desire for privacy. Seems like you are saying 2 (contradictory) things.
I said Americans don't ask for much transparency but the other candidates, clinton, sanders, rubio and cruz all released such information and trump only makes the excuse that he's being audited. When all the other candidates were being transparent at least in that regard, it is suspicious for the one who is not.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I said Americans don't ask for much transparency but the other candidates, clinton, sanders, rubio and cruz all released such information and trump only makes the excuse that he's being audited. When all the other candidates were being transparent at least in that regard, it is suspicious for the one who is not.
It does seem weak to use an audit as the reason to withhold returns.
What makes it appear to be a mere excuse is that he offers no
reasoning behind the audit's significance.

Acim

Revelation all the time

I concede that.

Would you concede that the suspicion could be positive, if respect privacy is emphasized? Such that if Trump were to win, that we then realize it wasn't really ever necessary for any candidate to reveal such private information?

I think of this as similar to why we don't actually deserve to know or need to know what is being revealed by Wilileaks about Hillary. Personally, I think it is good, and my independent political self wishes all candidates had all privacy things revealed, such that transparency for all candidates was delivered. Via partisan politics, I'm kinda glad it is one (what I deem opposition) and not the other(s).

Politics for POTUS, up to this cycle has struck me as being far too based on superficial decision-making, yet this cycle is having that countered somewhat with what has been revealed.