• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are Trump's financial data and tax returns?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Ever since Trump declared his candidacy he has claimed to be a brilliant businessman and promised to provide his returns as evidence.
His business skills are about all he has to run on in the way of experience. Media savvy demagoguery isn't really too impressive to most people.

But not only has he not released those promised documents, the media seems to have forgotten that he promised to release them before the election.
At this point it probably doesn't matter. The USA electorate has come to a conclusion about who is most fit to be president and it is not Trump.

But can anyone still believe that he "tells it like it is" when he dodges and squirms out of that pledge?
Not everyone in this country forgets everything that the media decide to ignore.
Tom

Acim

Revelation all the time
Oh heaven's me, how will we ever make it through the next day or so without seeing Trump's tax returns? If only we could get our hands on them so we could have MSM ridicule the man even more life would be so much better.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Oh heaven's me, how will we ever make it through the next day or so without seeing Trump's tax returns? If only we could get our hands on them so we could have MSM ridicule the man even more life would be so much better.
Here is how we're going to.

Clinton wins the election. The Senate turns off Democrat. The Congress gets much more blue.

Clinton and her allies in Congress fight for the middle class. The GOP implodes. They all blame each for trusting Trump.

And everybody lives happily ever after, except the most rapacious 1%ers and the lobbyists.

And Trump.
Tom

Lighthouse

Here is how we're going to.

Clinton wins the election. The Senate turns off Democrat. The Congress gets much more blue.

Clinton and her allies in Congress fight for the middle class. The GOP implodes. They all blame each for trusting Trump.

And everybody lives happily ever after, except the most rapacious 1%ers and the lobbyists.

And Trump.
Tom

Since it's already the Separated States of America, it probably would be best to just relocate the left to their respected party and relocate the right to theirs and divide the country in half and it's power. It's what we're heading towards. There is nothing united about it and this red blue, left right crap is all garbage, only 50% live happily ever after is garbage. One can have their utopian society and the other can have theirs. Each has their own president and senate and congress.

The left can have the side of Mexico and all of the illegal immigrants, LGBT's. The right can have the religious bigots. Most live happily ever after.

One nation under Evil, the Separated States of America.

Last edited:

idav

Being
Premium Member
Ever since Trump declared his candidacy he has claimed to be a brilliant businessman and promised to provide his returns as evidence.
His business skills are about all he has to run on in the way of experience. Media savvy demagoguery isn't really too impressive to most people.

But not only has he not released those promised documents, the media seems to have forgotten that he promised to release them before the election.
At this point it probably doesn't matter. The USA electorate has come to a conclusion about who is most fit to be president and it is not Trump.

But can anyone still believe that he "tells it like it is" when he dodges and squirms out of that pledge?
Not everyone in this country forgets everything that the media decide to ignore.
Tom
It should matter. For all the people who think Clintons are doing nefarious things, their income is released for all to see. We can't know anything of Trumps dealings which is shady to say the least.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What's the revelence with personal tax returns and running the country anyways?

Do we know the tax returns of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What's the revelence with personal tax returns and running the country anyways?

Do we know the tax returns of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln?
Trump said he would release them. Like every other presidential candidate for decades has.

Unlike the rest, Trump has no credentials to be elected except for his vaunted business acumen.
So when he lies about that it's a bigger deal than Hillary's emails. But the media doesn't seem to care.
I think it is because the media is biased in favor of Trump.
Tom

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trump sent me his tax returns & financial reports to review.
I'll let you know when I'm done.
But you know what's odd?
He has them scented with lilac.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
His business skills are about all he has to run on in the way of experience.
If his campaign is any indication, he has no business skills. We already learned he had a good tax lawyer contribute to a huge part of his wealth. How many other people are making Trump rich, and how much is Trump really making himself rich? There's just no way he can do business like he does his campaign and be taken seriously.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I just had a curious thought. Suppose someone has Trump's tax returns, and is waiting until just a day or so before the election to release them, and we discover he is a total fraud?
Hillary has been put under such a microscope so often and so many times that I really doubt there are many true "bombshells" that could kill her chances. However, my guess is by now, Trump's tax return may be something he just cannot brag about, at all, or else he would be. And this is coming from a guy who believes "very open" online polling are truthfully saying he won the debates.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Trump said he would release them when Hillary's wall-street transcripts were released. Since the Russian govt needed to hack America to get the transcripts, I'm assuming that his tax returns will be released shortly. Unless he was lying about it.

Lighthouse

I just had a curious thought. Suppose someone has Trump's tax returns, and is waiting until just a day or so before the election to release them, and we discover he is a total fraud?
Hillary has been put under such a microscope so often and so many times that I really doubt there are many true "bombshells" that could kill her chances. However, my guess is by now, Trump's tax return may be something he just cannot brag about, at all, or else he would be. And this is coming from a guy who believes "very open" online polling are truthfully saying he won the debates.

I'm sure that there are many more things that will be revealed about the both of them going forward. Might be a best for last ordeal on both.
Wouldn't it be funny if Hillary had the debate questions and Donald thought he had the debate questions and was up on stage and realized he was hoodwinked? He looked confused and unprepared and Hillary looked she knew every question and spoke so well.

suncowiam

If his campaign is any indication, he has no business skills. We already learned he had a good tax lawyer contribute to a huge part of his wealth. How many other people are making Trump rich, and how much is Trump really making himself rich? There's just no way he can do business like he does his campaign and be taken seriously.
Sorry...

You or anyone here suggesting that he is a bad business person is just plain mistaken. He's losing to a better politician which he is not because he has little to no experience. He's still a very rich successful business person and don't forget that he kicked the GOP's behinds in order to get to this point.

There's many things that I just don't like or even hate about him, but we should still give credit where credit is due.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You or anyone here suggesting that he is a bad business person is just plain mistaken.

Trump's alleged business acumen has not, however, allowed him to perform as well as the S&P 500. That's to say, he would have been wiser to have taken the money his father gave him and invested it in the 500, then forgotten about it, then to have trusted his own business skills. But if you want to believe he's some kind of accomplished businessperson, you're free to ignore that reality.

Lighthouse

Sorry...

You or anyone here suggesting that he is a bad business person is just plain mistaken. He's losing to a better politician which he is not because he has little to no experience. He's still a very rich successful business person and don't forget that he kicked the GOP's behinds in order to get to this point.

There's many things that I just don't like or even hate about him, but we should still give credit where credit is due.

Like or dislike the guy, I agree that he has had successful business adventures and some bad business adventures. Overall successful.

We don't really know how much he had of his father's money to start, but jealousy and people's tendency to dislike won't allow them to admit that reality. To say Donald Trump has not been successful(when this kind of success is based on money and in a thick race for US president) would be pretty delusional.

suncowiam

Trump's alleged business acumen has not, however, allowed him to perform as well as the S&P 500. That's to say, he would have been wiser to have taken the money his father gave him and invested it in the 500, then forgotten about it, then to have trusted his own business skills. But if you want to believe he's some kind of accomplished businessperson, you're free to ignore that reality.

What does this even imply? That he could be richer? Sure, he could be. We could all be richer with hindsight. What does that prove? I could bought a bunch of Google stocks and completely maximize my earnings.

People make such a big deal about his father's loan. I bet most people wouldn't know what to do with millions of dollars other than spend it on things that will immediately depreciate.

This is the problem with those not respecting Trump. He finds ways of being relevant and it's not because of luck.

You don't have to like the guy but seriously don't underestimate him.

Speaking of reality... You're claiming he's not successful? What... That anyone can do what he's done?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What does this even imply? That he could be richer? Sure, he could be. We could all be richer with hindsight. What does that prove? I could bought a bunch of Google stocks and completely maximize my earnings.
It's already very doubtful he has 10 billion dollars, and even less likely he's worth his claim of "in excess of 10 billion." A lot of certified/verified billionaires don't even think Trump himself is a billionaire. He insisted Obama show his birth certificate....why should we not put equal pressure on Trump to show his tax record and back up his claims. Or could it be that he is afraid of the world finding out those speculating he is in debt are correct?