• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Are All The British Conservatives?

kaninchen

As somebody who was once a very vocal Young Conservative, I think a more apposite question would be: "Where is the British Conservative Party?"

Brexit may have been the key to achieving Conservative unity after years of squabbling over Europe but it looks to me to be at the cost of abolishing the Conservative Party and inventing a new one.

RestlessSoul

How do you even recognize which of the conservatives here are Brits and which are Murricans?
Can you guys hear their accent in writing?

The American ones are more likely to be armed. And less likely to have a sentimental attachment to cream teas and cricket.

Yazata

I mentioned in another thread that RF feels swamped by Remainers. Most of the Brits on here are pro-EU. I don't mind that; have your own opinions - but why is this place specifically housing so many?

Probably for the same (unknown) reason why American Trumpists are seemingly outnumbered by Trump haters on RF by something like 10-1. And why atheists seem to be the most popular 'denomination' on what is ostensibly a religion discussion board.

Where are all the British Brexiteers on here? I'm not looking for a Brexit argument; I want to know where all the British conservatives are.

They might be older than Remainers and less heavy internet users. I'd speculate that our RF Brits are disproportionately Londoners who live in trendier neighborhoods.

And while were at it, where are all the British crazy religious fundies like me? I've put this in political debates because it seems more a political issue to me.

There's lots of growth in evangelical protestantism in Britain, but it seems to be mostly immigrants from Africa and the Caribbean. Again, they may not be as internet-fixated as others.

Sometimes it's incredibly lonely and frustrating being on here, trying to form a community, when it feels everyone is mocking you because of the way you voted.

Welcome to my world. I've considered abandoning RF several times. (Just yesterday in fact.) It's people like you that keep me coming back.