• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are all the adoptive parents?

jewscout

Religious Zionist
I think most of them would prefer you stop having sex all together. But i agree if your so opposed to abortion you should be prepared to offer that child an alternative place to grow up and be nurtured.

Linus

I agree. It isn't enough to just stop abortion, you need to provide care and support for the child after birth. The numbers of adoptable children in this country have been decreasing over the past few years, and something needs to be done about it.

huajiro

I do not believe in abortion, I do plan on adopting as soon as I can buy a house. I think one of the hugest factors in unwanted child births is the complete disregard of the parents for the possibility of pregnancy when they have sex. People think that sex is for fun now. You play, you pay. Too many people are not paying. We should establish a system where we actually pay people for not having children, rather than paying them for having them, such as welfare. This would create less children, and make these un-adopted children much more attractive.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
As an adoptive parent, I can tell you that a legal adoption, without challenges, costs about $5000. Comparing that with the medical bills and so on for pregnancy and birth, I think it comes out about a wash. Once you assume the responsibility, most kids cost about the same, barring unusual medical situations.