• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When?

Psalm23

What do you believe?
The earth started to form 4.5 billion yrs. ago? The earth was created 2000 yrs. ago? Do you have another time in mind? Personally I believe the earth was created around 1979.

I don't know how old the earth is.

exchemist

Veteran Member
What do you believe?
The earth started to form 4.5 billion yrs. ago or do you have another time in mind in which it was created? Personally I believe the earth was created around 1979.
Then you are as mad as a March hare - but maybe we already had our suspicions.;)

I was born in 1954 by the way. :rolleyes:

Soandso

About 5 seconds ago. All my memories are implants. All of existance sprang into being and I matetialized with my phone in my hand while looking at this post

I guess this is why the whole "brain in a vat" thing never really appealed to me

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Is the earth Old or fairly new?
Yes.
The earth in it's current form is fairly new.
The age of the material used to form the earth is likely very old, but what does that mean when we take into account that time isn't really a solid concept minus gravity?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What do you believe?
The earth started to form 4.5 billion yrs. ago or do you have another time in mind in which it was created? Personally I believe the earth was created around 1979.
I was born in 59 but perhaps I'm living on a different earth than you.:shrug:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Ah yes, God the deceiver. The God who created the appearance of great age to test our faith. Devilishly clever....
I find it is Not God but rather 'man' who says God created (deceived) the appearance of great age.
In the Bible the word 'day' has more than one meaning.
ALL of the creative days are summed up by the single word ' day ' at Genesis 2:4
We don't know if all of the 6 creative days are of the same or of differing lengths of time.
After all, since Genesis God's 7th day is still ongoing - Hebrews 4:4-11

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Roughly 4.54 billion years +/- 50 million error margin.
Approximately the same length of time the rest of the universe formed.
It is measured by radiometric dating the oldest rocks on earth, rocks from meteorites and the moon.
My avatar is 22000 years old, the skull not the picture of the skull
I am wondering if you have an information to share about CMBR ( cosmic microwave background radiation ) ?

rational experiences

Veteran Member
I believe no light and no time created the universe so it doesn't own any number as expressed 0 no number.

But I don't claim no number is zero or nothing.

Men apply counting. You have to think to impose it. So I know your thinking didn't create creation.

And you claim light as you live inside of waters protection seeing light burning when you aren't burning.

Why I don't believe that scientists are intelligent men.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you believe?
I believe you. As Earth's only satellite companion, you would have the inside source I am sure....