• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When?

King Phenomenon

What do you believe?
The earth started to form 4.5 billion yrs. ago or do you have another time in mind in which it was created? Personally I believe the earth was created around 1979.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
What do you believe?
The earth started to form 4.5 billion yrs. ago? The earth was created 2000 yrs. ago? Do you have another time in mind? Personally I believe the earth was created around 1979.
I was born in 1955

I assume this is in the joke section?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
What do you believe?
The earth started to form 4.5 billion yrs. ago? The earth was created 2000 yrs. ago? Do you have another time in mind? Personally I believe the earth was created around 1979.

Roughly 4.54 billion years +/- 50 million error margin.

Approximately the same length of time the rest of the universe formed.

It is measured by radiometric dating the oldest rocks on earth, rocks from meteorites and the moon.

My avatar is 22000 years old, the skull not the picture of the skull

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It began January 16, 1970 at approximately 6:16AM HST (Hawaii Standard Time)...

...for me, that is.

How come it always seems to be daft o'clock AM when humans burst into the world?

Viker

Häxan
How come it always seems to be daft o'clock AM when humans burst into the world?
Well, I don't really know that one. And to my defense it was around 16 minutes past daft o'clock. Just so I could be early to the show and still be some what polite.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Memories feel surreal anyway, do they not?
Sure. I suppose that's a good word for them. I don't have good memory for events. I remember almost anything I read though. Especially if it's on a screen.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I believe the question is academic; it doesn't matter to me or my way of life. All narratives are more or less interesting stories from which wisdom can be gleaned for those who seek it.

My favorite probably is the Universe Story, but the actual time stamps involved aren't what is important about the story. What's important about the story is what it teaches us about our common origins and the interconnectedness of all things. It promotes a view of all things as sacred, at least in my religion, and provides some of the reason for deifying all aspects of our universe.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
As I see it, the Earth hasn’t started yet. I’ll let you know if it does.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I was born in 1961, and I'm pretty sure the earth had been around a while by then.

And what a great year it was to be born!

Although it was difficult learning to walk without an earth to stand on for the first 18 years.