• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Your Wife Wants You to Play Christmas Music

exchemist

Veteran Member
This is what my wife liked best, especially when we were putting up the Christmas Tree:

(This performance comes from my old college, so plenty of nostalgia for me as well.)

Mindmaster

Premium Member
This is what my wife liked best, especially when we were putting up the Christmas Tree:

(This performance comes from my old college, so plenty of nostalgia for me as well.)

We don't do Christmas in my house, and I'm so glad my wife will never ask me to play that god-awful music, lol. Though, I find it amusing that every part of the holiday is pagan AF. Sans the whole Jesus thing... lol

exchemist

Veteran Member
We don't do Christmas in my house, and I'm so glad my wife will never ask me to play that god-awful music, lol. Though, I find it amusing that every part of the holiday is pagan AF. Sans the whole Jesus thing... lol
Bah Humbug, eh? ;)

But fair enough. It's just a tradition. I suppose it depends on on what one is brought up with, and whether one's experience of it was a happy one or not. I grew up in a fairly literary and musical church-going household and my memories of carols, Midnight Mass and Christmas trees etc are on the whole veery happy ones. I am also a singer so I like choral music.

I married a not very religious but Catholic Frenchwoman and from her learnt other traditions that they observe in France. So now we eat boudins blancs with apple on Christmas Eve, for instance - very good, except they tend to burst:mad:........