• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When you were growing up as a kid.Who did you want to meet the most on tv?

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Probably too busy fracturing knees and getting other such injuries. :oops:
No major injuries except a mark over right eyebrow when I collided with the door closed by a friend whom I was running to catch. I applied a spider's web over the wound. And a dislocated finger while playing football. Two near drownings. :)
TV came to India in 1959 (I was 17 by that time doing my Bachelor's).

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Daniel Johns of Silverchair.

He wasn't really on TV other than music videos... but I sure enjoyed watching him(he was very, very pretty). Probably the top famous person who caught my eye as a young person(more a teen, though).

He caused an accident while driving under the influence a few weeks ago about 10 minutes drive from my place.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I wonder how many kids had the fantasy wanting to flail their hooks shouting, "Danger Will Robinson! Danger"!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
When you were growing up as a kid.Who did you want to meet the most on tv?:)
That guy on The Millionaire.
He gave random people $1,000,000.
I'd like to have met him.
R.e40c32043847635589132e54ed041c6c

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
When you were growing up as a kid.Who did you want to meet the most on tv?:)For me it was the mighty morphing power rangers.

I don't remember wanting to meet anyone in particular as a child although i did meet a few, whom i mostly don't remember. For example, as a babe in arms i am told i had the honour of sitting on Mark Bolan's knee while he drunk tea in our kitchen.

Later in life I've met most of the people i would like to meet, mostly through work but some by chance. Sitting with Ian Heslop on a train. Riding down to breakfast in a hotel elevator with Patrick Stewart and David Prowse and ending up having breakfast with them, most of the cast of STTNG and a few of their friends.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't remember wanting to meet anyone in particular as a child although i did meet a few, whom i mostly don't remember. For example, as a babe in arms i am told i had the honour of sitting on Mark Bolan's knee while he drunk tea in our kitchen.

Later in life I've met most of the people i would like to meet, mostly through work but some by chance. Sitting with Ian Heslop on a train. Riding down to breakfast in a hotel elevator with Patrick Stewart and David Prowse and ending up having breakfast with them, most of the cast of STTNG and a few of their friends.
I have never met a celebrity.
Although I've been mistaken for one a couple times.
It was weird to have some rando interested in me.
I'm not TV star material.
But I was almost as handsome as Marty Feldman.
OIP.vG1I-rmP5K3CEn-DJ-h2AwHaLH

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
That's too bad. He was never a stranger to rehab. I hope he is able to clean up(and I hope he grows his hair back, but that's just personal interest).

More importantly... who would have thought North Arm Cove would be international news! The 30 or so residents are delighted.