• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When you were a kid...

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I actually rode a bike exclusively until I was 19 and moved too far from my friends to get there via bike.

I tried skateboarding, but I broke my elbow.

Hold

Day Dreamer
Premium Member
:bicyclist:I used to rent a bike..... $.35 /hour, they never had fenders and always needed to align the steering wheel every few minutes.. :bicyclist:...:bike:..oops We made wooden box scooters mounted on two roller skates with flash light for those night patrols down those dangerous streets we protected from the Russians. Never lost a city block to those Russians.Now the city I grew up in have a large Russian-American section and I eventually worked with and became friends with many Russian Jews who moved there back in the 80's and 90's.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
:bicyclist:I used to rent a bike..... $.35 /hour, they never had fenders and always needed to align the steering wheel every few minutes.. :bicyclist:...:bike:..oops

Recently, our city started renting out scooters. You get 'em for 24 hours, and then the wheels lock up. There's trackers on them, and the city workers go around and pick them up the next day.

Bodie

For most of my early years we didn't have a lot, me and my older brother had one bike between us that we fought over to ride a bit, skateboards weren't really a thing at that time for us.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
did you like riding a bike?Or skate boarding?Or both?:)I just to do both.

Nope. I still remember that back when I was like 5 years old I used to have a bike. I rode it like 3 times and then one day I took a bad turn and managed to scrape both of my elbows AND both of kness in one go. That was REALLY painful. Then I told my parents I would never ride it again, and that was it.

Frank Goad

Nope. I still remember that back when I was like 5 years old I used to have a bike. I rode it like 3 times and then one day I took a bad turn and managed to scrape both of my elbows AND both of kness in one go. That was REALLY painful. Then I told my parents I would never ride it again, and that was it.

Sorry you had to go through that!:(

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Sorry you had to go through that!:(

It's long gone now. I don't have many memories from back then, but I clearly remember what happened. I rode it at full speed until I was close to the end of the street and then tried to take a sharp U-turn. My body didn't catch the memo though, and the momentum kept me going towards the end of the street...

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The only skates involved in my life were cheapskates, given that my first bike probably only cost me about a pound - some begged items to make such. :oops: Skateboards were not around then. I did do a lot of cycling probably from my mid-teens and worked up progressively to better bikes, one bought from the proceeds of some work I think. The only bad accident I had, and the bike virtually destroyed, came from a car driver's mistake, although early evening bad lighting might have contributed. He paid for the bike though. I only had bruises as he stopped in time although he would have run over me otherwise. A broken collar bone was about the worst injury I ever had, as an adult and my fault.