• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When you want to know the truth.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Your OP seems to indicate otherwise.
Oh ?

In what way? Because i have never been more calm within me, and i do not worry about what people will critique me for. Nor do i have to get others to believe what i now believe in.

I have no pressure on me to always be right, because i already know i have so much to learn. And Allah through the Quran do that to me now.

So why do i not seem happy to you?

firedragon

Veteran Member
When studying and you come over a verse or verses you can not understand. You turn to Allah for advice, you pray for guidance.
Or as many do. They turn to their fellow believers and ask questions to understand the verses in question

Allah might not give you a clear answer at that moment, but put forth the answer into your life, you experience the answer so you should pay attention in your daily life.

When you ask your fellow believers, they will give you the answer the way they them self understand it, they will not give the answer the way Allah do :)

What way would you prefere your answer given to you?

If you dont get some insults and ad-hominem as answers to this question I will throw away my tasty dish and starve. ;) People are waiting to.

Anyway as a response to your question, my direct answer would be that we will all try to impose our own biases towards an interpretation. This is the case prevalent throughout the years. But there is one method that speaks to you where you want to hear what God would think. The Qur'an is a strange book brother. It can also be understood by applying the age old tufasir methodology called "Qur'an bi Qur'an". This methodology is to analyse a Quranic word and its meaning by analysing the Quran itself. Do you understand? Find the same word in other places in the Qur'an, understand the context of that verse and reapply similar renditions to the word.

We can never ever speak for God. But, this method is the closest.

Peace.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If you dont get some insults and ad-hominem as answers to this question I will throw away my tasty dish and starve. ;) People are waiting to.

Anyway as a response to your question, my direct answer would be that we will all try to impose our own biases towards an interpretation. This is the case prevalent throughout the years. But there is one method that speaks to you where you want to hear what God would think. The Qur'an is a strange book brother. It can also be understood by applying the age old tufasir methodology called "Qur'an bi Qur'an". This methodology is to analyse a Quranic word and its meaning by analysing the Quran itself. Do you understand? Find the same word in other places in the Qur'an, understand the context of that verse and reapply similar renditions to the word.

We can never ever speak for God. But, this method is the closest.

Peace.
Yes i understand you brother. And your words Qu'ran bi Qu'ran sound like a very good way to get as close to the truth as possible :)
Thank you for sharing.

firedragon

Veteran Member
When I want to know truth, I go to science and not to any Abrahamic religion.

The OP was about understanding a word in the Quran. SO with your theory of going to science, can you go to science and please find me the meaning of the Quranic arabic word "idhriboohoonna"?

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I always thought prayer was to commune with the spirit authority that you accept.
Asking, or begging is not prayer. Prayer is also contemplating the spirit authority and applying the teachings to yourself as one understands and is in agreeance. In accordance with your authority you may ask freely of things as I understand it.

I would never follow a spirit authority unless I understood the moral code in full and it was reasonable and resonates with reality.

I suppose prayer without study is an exercise in learning one's own limitations.

Ultimately though a person is fully responsible for themselves. A true word of good teaching is medicine though.

Who proves to be true always and faithful to justice? All I have ever found is fallible!

A sincere truth seeker to me will not be satisfied with seems so stuff. It is wise to recognize one's own limitations, and seek to earn the deserve of knowing what is best. The truth seeker's goal is true peace, and true information. Being fooled is not an option.

Every person seeking truth should come to know their limitations, and deserve of matters.

If there is a truth then it should bring peace, humility, love, joy, and honesty. Can a person be anything without honesty, I think not. Nor can a person know all things.

It is good to observe nature as it is and not as we wish it to be. It is good to not be swayed, but to understand things as makes sense to one's self. And when facts arise it is good to pursue them out. Without honesty then information is not reliable and one cannot grow.

It's good to have truth, but do not neglect reality.

If all things fail then at least I was true to myself and to others.

Everyone has shortcomings, and no one is in total control of their circumstances.

For me I seek inner freedom. Because outer freedom is not to be taken for granted.

We can make reality better or worse, it's all on us. And we do it everyday.

InvestigateTruth

When studying and you come over a verse or verses you can not understand. You turn to Allah for advice, you pray for guidance.
This is the best way I believe.

Or as many do. They turn to their fellow believers and ask questions to understand the verses in question

I don't think that helps always. Different people, will give you different answers based on their own limited human understanding.

We should do an "independent investigation of truth."

Allah might not give you a clear answer at that moment, but put forth the answer into your life, you experience the answer so you should pay attention in your daily life.

Allah promised, anyone makes an effort for Him, He shall guide him in His own ways.

When you ask your fellow believers, they will give you the answer the way they them self understand it, they will not give the answer the way Allah do :)
Yes, exactly.

What way would you prefere your answer given to you?
Meditate and ask Allah humbly and prayfully. Do an independent investigation of Truth, while holding fast to Allah. Then your mind will be inspired by Him, according to your capacity.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
With some form of independent verifiability.
Is not a sign that you Understand in daily life a verifiable answer to you personally?
Let say you had asked for guidance to realize the answer and instead of dumping in front of you, the answer was given to you in daily life, example in a situation you realized that this episode you experience is the answer to what had asked for?

Is that not a good enough answer?