• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Will You Die?

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
When will you die? Answer now or when...well, you know...if you can....

Ashoka

श्री कृष्णा शरणं मम
According to deathclock.com, I will die on Monday, November 19, 2074

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
The actuaries tell me I'll die in 2034, when I'm about 96. Statistically, they're on good ground.

I think I'll die when I stop breathing and my brain cells stop talking to each other.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
You mean when will I leave the flesh prison???

Idk.
But what if what you mean by "I" is an artifact, a construct, of the "prison" itself? (Because, religious beliefs aside, every miniscule scrap of scientific evidence says that is so), doesn't "leaving the flesh" also means "ceasing to be?"

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Well I think my soul died at the end of my shift last night, if that counts?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
When will you die? Answer now or when...well, you know...if you can....
I naturally died in February 2017.

However I'm on an extended leave atm..

Probably will hop off the boat in 2030 -2040 for a bit of a respite until morning wakes me up in God knows where.

F1fan

Veteran Member
There was that time when I was on a training ride on my bike and was hit head on by a car. Had a few seconds where I thought I was gonna die. Nope. God intervened on behalf of an atheist. Only two hours in the ER, and was back on a bike the next day.

Then there was the time I t-boned a car doing about 25 on my bike. Thought I was done for. Nope. God intervened again on behalf of an atheist. I won the state championship cyclocross race the following week.

So I might live to be over 100.