• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will species intelligentia binarii emerge?

When will a computer the same weight size and requiring the same power of a human brain be created?

• Less than ten years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than ten years

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
th

If and when will Artificial Intelligence surpass man as most intelligent ?

AI is a favorite subject of mine right behind astronomy and cosmology and theories of origins (of ourselves and the universe). The reason for my intense interest is because I personally think they are related. Not related like distant cousins but more like brother and sister, but there is not enough room to cover that in this thread! I began thinking about AI when I read that human Lee Sedol beat Googles AlphaGo computer which was built for the game. Mr Sedol won one out of three games. AlphaGo won the first three matches in a best-of-five series. Computers have already clinched chess and was on the way of doing the same with the Go game until Mr Sedols win. So considering that and that computer processing power is increasing exponentially ie doubling about every two years as per Moors law Mans reign as the most intelligent 'species' on earth is almost over imo. My guess is within 50 years barring some unforeseen barricade to Moore's law increasing computer power man will lose his crown. So say so long Homo sapiens sapiens, enter intelligentia binarii as most intelligent 'species'. Lastly I did not specify the size or weight etc the computer that is being considered to one day surpass mans intelligent. If that was included I would have to increase the length of time of my guess to 100 years. Our brain can perform about 10 exaflops (10 quintillion) operations a second and it uses about 20 watts of power. However optimistic experts say hi end home computers will match the processing power of a human brain by 2045. If that happens I want two! Still, I am guessing it will be 100 years hence for a brain sized computer than runs on twenty watts of power etc to match our brain total processing 'power'.

Agree or disagree comment please...

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

AI is a favorite subject of mine right behind astronomy and cosmology because I personally think they are related. Not related like distant cousins but more like brother and sister, but there is not enough room to cover that in this thread! I began thinking about AI when I read that human
Lee Sedol beat Googles AlphaGo computer which was built for the game. Mr Sedol won one out of three games. AlphaGo won the first three matches in a best-of-five series. Computers have already clinched chess and was on the way of doing the same with the Go game until Mr Sedols win. So considering that and that computer processing power is increasing exponentially ie doubling about every two years as per Moors law Mans reign as the most intelligent 'species' on earth is almost over imo. My guess is within 50 years barring some unforeseen barricade to Moore's law increasing computer power man will lose his crown. So say so long Homo sapiens sapiens, enter intelligentia binarii as most intelligent 'species'. Lastly I did not specify the size or weight etc the computer that is being considered to one day surpass mans intelligent. If that was included I would have to increase the length of time of my guess to 100 years. Our brain can perform about 10 exaflops (10 quintillion) operations a second and it uses about 20 watts of power. However optimistic experts say hi end home computers will match the processing power of a human brain by 2045. If that happens I want two! Still, I am guessing it will be 100 years hence for a brain sized computer than runs on twenty watts of power etc to match our brain total processing 'power'.

Agree or disagree comment please...
If it means having better ai in my single player games, I'm all for it!

MrMrdevincamus

If it means having better ai in my single player games, I'm all for it!

Ho' man, I cant imagine. I have thought instead of current virtual reality (head sets and projections etc) computers will tap directly into our brains and put us in our (or their games eek!) games so real we could not determine the difference! A holodeck on steroids so to speak! It might replace drugs or religion as opiates of the masses.
; {>

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ho' man, I cant imagine. I have thought instead of current virtual reality (head sets and projections etc) computers will tap directly into our brains and put us in our (or their games eek!) games so real we could not determine the difference! A holodeck on steroids so to speak! It might replace drugs or religion as opiates of the masses.
; {>

That's probably where I would draw the line, at least when it comes to having computers tap directly into our brains.

As for AI, I don't think we even know enough about how our own human minds work to be able to replicate it artificially. Eventually, we might get to that point.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
th

I actually expect machine intelligence to make biological intelligence obsolete at some point in the future. Probably within the next thousand years if not sooner.

Though it may initially go the way of some hybrid of biological and machine intelligence.

If we slowly transfer our memories and conscious process to computer, will the resultant entity possess the same sense of a conscious self we currently have.
I don't know but I suspect we will be finding out soon.

Cyborg - Wikipedia

c795bcc2f7fbbc04845d24f478c0822f--female-cyborg-cg-art.jpg

MrMrdevincamus

That's probably where I would draw the line, at least when it comes to having computers tap directly into our brains.

As for AI, I don't think we even know enough about how our own human minds work to be able to replicate it artificially. Eventually, we might get to that point.

Yes I agree that knowledge of the brain is fairly weak. Most experts can not agree on the simple stuff much less on how many operations it can really perform such operations, or how they are performed etc. I suspect our brain will be like our understanding of the universe. Just when scientists think we are on the verge of understanding it something like repulsive gravity or dark mass or dark energy upsets the apple cart. Don't get me wrong, just because I criticize our science * that does not mean I am truly awed by the accomplishments of science in all its forms.

note;

What irritates me about science is not the discipline itself. It is the repugnant 'personalities' and entrenched nuances of a number of its secular adherents which soils and weakens the disciplines power of discovery etc .

poison pen and rock resistant helmet ...........> [; {>

Last edited:

MrMrdevincamus

I actually expect machine intelligence to make biological intelligence obsolete at some point in the future. Probably within the next thousand years if not sooner.

Though it may initially go the way of some hybrid of biological and machine intelligence.

If we slowly transfer our memories and conscious process to computer, will the resultant entity possess the same sense of a conscious self we currently have.
I don't know but I suspect we will be finding out soon.

I tend to agree and a thousand years is a generous amount of time. I would not be surprised if we were created by a machine intelligence, that the biologic's had created first. Then the AI surpassed its creators a million billion fold becoming immortal, shedding its matter based vessel to exist as an non-corporal atemporal 'being'.

; {>