• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Was Your Beginning? When Is Your End?

Howard Is

Lucky Mud
Conception. But, thinking about it (and realizing it is February now), I was late so that was probably closer to December.

I’m a NYE conception, looking at the dates. Maybe you are too,
I’ve often thought that celebrating Conception Day would be a cool idea.

Maybe you’re a Christmas present ?

Ayjaydee

In your religion, paradigm, or worldview, when, in your truest nature, was your beginning? When will you end?
My ever changing mundane "self" is being reborn and dying moment by moment. My truest nature is impermanent and without an inherent unchanging self

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I have my own definition of Truth. Truth is faithfulness to all virtues in intention to action.

My truest nature is yet to be. My beginning is yet to be. My end is in suffering for the sake of my truest nature. The end is the beginning of it all.

my beginning is at the end and my end is in the beginning.
In the Islam we believe that the humanity started from Adam (and Eve).

Read the Quran; surah Al Baqarah: verse 28-39

In the Islam we believe that every newborn child is innocent until he reaches puberty. If the kid dies before puberty he/she will go to paradise even if his/her parents aren't muslim. After the puberty everything you do or every action you take you will get judged on by God (justice).

Read; Surah Al Haj: verse 5-7 (if you want you can read further than verse 7)

Also;

Narrated: Abdullah bin Masud
The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, the most truthful, the most trusted, told us: "Verily the creation of any one of you takes place when he is assembled in his mother's womb; for forty days he is as a drop of fluid, then it becomes a clot for a similar period. Thereafter, it is a lump looking like it has been chewed for a similar period. Then an angel is sent to him, who breathes the ruh (spirit) into him. This Angel is commanded to write Four decrees: that he writes down his provision (rizq), his life span, his deeds, and whether he will be among the wretched or the blessed. I swear by Allah - there is no God but He - one of you may perform the deeds of the people of Paradise till there is naught but an arm's length between him and it, when that which has been written will outstrip him so that he performs the deeds of the people of the Hell Fire; one of you may perform the deeds of the people of the Hell Fire, till there is naught but an arm's length between him and it, when that which has been written will overtake him so that he performs the deeds of the people of Paradise and enters therein." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
In the Islam we believe that the humanity started from Adam (and Eve).

Read the Quran; surah Al Baqarah: verse 28-39

In the Islam we believe that every newborn child is innocent until he reaches puberty. If the kid dies before puberty he/she will go to paradise even if his/her parents aren't muslim. After the puberty everything you do or every action you take you will get judged on by God (justice).

Read; Surah Al Haj: verse 5-7 (if you want you can read further than verse 7)

Also;

Narrated: Abdullah bin Masud
The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam, the most truthful, the most trusted, told us: "Verily the creation of any one of you takes place when he is assembled in his mother's womb; for forty days he is as a drop of fluid, then it becomes a clot for a similar period. Thereafter, it is a lump looking like it has been chewed for a similar period. Then an angel is sent to him, who breathes the ruh (spirit) into him. This Angel is commanded to write Four decrees: that he writes down his provision (rizq), his life span, his deeds, and whether he will be among the wretched or the blessed. I swear by Allah - there is no God but He - one of you may perform the deeds of the people of Paradise till there is naught but an arm's length between him and it, when that which has been written will outstrip him so that he performs the deeds of the people of the Hell Fire; one of you may perform the deeds of the people of the Hell Fire, till there is naught but an arm's length between him and it, when that which has been written will overtake him so that he performs the deeds of the people of Paradise and enters therein." [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

as long as god is with me and omnipresent, heaven and hell are irrelevant. I AM where i belong

allahu akbar

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Whatever you perceive your truest nature to be, whether it is the body/mind, spirit, true Self, soul, etc.
Ah... okay.

It's all beginnings, every moment.

The "me" at birth is not the "me" I am now. As Heraclitus said, you cannot step twice into the same river.

I - like anyone - is a Ship of Theseus, constantly being changed and modified. It's only a day-to-day continuity of most of my physical "stuff" and the persistence of "my" memories and features that perpetuates what's basically a fiction that I am the same "I" from birth to death.

So I - as in the person I am right now - only began to exist in this moment, and a different "I" will take my place in the next moment.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I suppose I also did be a new beginning when I moved to California, and began presenting as female in public. And so many other changes I've started saying Indiana me and California me, and they are similar but also different people.

Faithofchristian

I was physically born the first time, then born again spiritually a second time about thirty years later.

The first time was when we were born of the Spirit.. and the second time is when we are born of flesh and blood into this world age..

But you wouldn't know this..all because your not taught this by man's teachings in the churches..
To be born of the water..is when a woman's water breaks then your born thru that water.

being born of the Spirit is by the word of God.
1 Peter 1:22-23--"
22--"Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently"

23--"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever"

Therefore being born again of the Spirit is by the word of God. 1 Peter 1:22-23.

And being born of the water. Is by when your mother's water breaks. Then your born thru that water of Flesh and blood.

Last edited:
God is greater than heaven or hell. To experience God is all that there is.
Ok, I thought you wanted to make fun of the words.
If God is all that there is, are you going to obey his commands or are you going to follow your own will?!